Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD

Others answered already...

But, it does NOT look crappy if you don't run at native. Just make sure you stick to the same aspect ratio if you are doing fit to screen. For example, HL2 had a 1680x1050 and another one like 1280x760 (I forget) that was also 16:10. It looked fine aside from being at a lower resolution.

However, non-native resolution does look like rubbish (all LCDs do) when you do Windows in it. My old GF4-Ti could run this at native resolution as can a Radeon mobility 9600 I have so you'll hopefully be fine.

im not searching through 95+ pages to ask this.... but would i be able to play games ok w/ my FX5900 on this widescreen?  i wouldnt want to have to run under native b/c then it looks crappy... like hitting HL2 with an ugly stick...

585876509[/snapback]

on HL2 i run it at 1680x1050 and it's not laggy but i see some screen "flicker" or moving lines when i move the mouse around, that happens on PES4 too.

i run PES4 on 1280x1024 on "fit" and it moves really slowly and also some screen "flicker"

may it be because 60hz?

on dvds and stuff i don't see this horizontal line moving up and down somtimes.. only on games.. why that?

btw, didn't you had eye burning first days using this? it's like too bright even if i turn down brightness.

the last dozen pages or so are more complaints of the LCD than praise

lets get some pics in here of your setup with the 2005fpw, its a gorgeous screen :D

What a great thread! I laughed. I cried. I got dizzy at one point.

I just got the 2005FPW.

It is a stunning monitor. Played WoW in wide....yeah! :woot:

I found one stuck green pixel (I wish i had not gone 'a pixel huntin).

I plan on massaging the screen later, and talking dirty if necessary.

I may return if the pixel keeps taunting me and giving me nightmares, but at such a stupid low price I might learn to live.

is it normal this screen to be extremly bright? i hope it won't hurt my eyes more than other LCDs can..

585882740[/snapback]

Most LCD are pretty bright, but yes this guy is bright. Reducing the monitor brightness brings it down a bit, but certainly not dark.

CRT's give off radiation - TFT's burn out your retinas. It's pretty crap either way. :(

Can anyone confirm that you can hook up a Playstation 2 to the 2005FPW? Since the 2005FPW has composite and S-Video inputs, it seems like it would work. I just want to get confirmation before I plunk down $500. I built a race car simulator using Playstation 2, Logitech wheel and pedals and Gran Turismo 4 with this frame:

http://www.gameracer.us/1/images/ProductDe...erSport-002.jpg

Can anyone confirm that you can hook up a Playstation 2 to the 2005FPW?  Since the 2005FPW has composite and S-Video inputs, it seems like it would work.  I just want to get confirmation before I plunk down $500.  I built a race car simulator using Playstation 2, Logitech wheel and pedals and Gran Turismo 4 with this frame:

http://www.gameracer.us/1/images/ProductDe...erSport-002.jpg

585884284[/snapback]

Yes, you can. I play my xbox on it.

on dvds and stuff i don't see this horizontal line moving up and down somtimes.. only on games.. why that?

btw, didn't you had eye burning first days using this? it's like too bright even if i turn down brightness.

585881418[/snapback]

Try turning on Vsync. It's probably more from where your not used to playing on a huge screen at high res. :)

where can i turn it on? i'm using lattest OMEGA Drivers.

-BTW, i have horizontal synch. off and vertical on. on omega's-

585884974[/snapback]

Most games have the option in the display settings. Never heard of horiz sync I don't think.

Hey reloaded2003, I was just wondering what kind of Operating System you have installed or the type of skin and where I can get it. Do you think you can email me? My email is JGUYAER@YAHOO.COM Please email me if you can I really like the Skin for XP. And also, where can I download that side bar. I will be getting the Dell 2005FPW. I liked your review and it has convinced me. ALso, does it play 720p and 1080i if I hook up my XBOX? THank you.

Any Playstation 2 users out there that are hooked up to the 2005FPW? I would love to hear your feedback on this combination!

I would surmise that it largely sucks, since S-Video more or less sucks to begin with since it's only 640x480 and the quality isn't spectacular, plus it must be stretched to fill the rest of the screen (unless you use 1:1).

Any Playstation 2 users out there that are hooked up to the 2005FPW?  I would love to hear your feedback on this combination!

585886530[/snapback]

Is xbox good enought?

Here is a picture of Burnout 3

It works OK if you sit about 7 feet away. If you sit nearer you will see that the quality is not too good. The following picture shows how "noisy" the picture quality is:

post-31925-1115513284_thumb.jpg

yeah i hooked up my xbox as well.. agree with above post.

if you put the monitor in picture by picture mode, it's crisper (and smaller) but pretty neat. Multi-task!