Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD

Starting today...

Coupon code S0BDZ6HBTFDPSL = 35% off,

plus $90 stackable coupon code C621VV5TS$75M9

To use the $90 coupon, you must buy anything that will push the total over $750 before using either coupon. (I thnk the monitor is $749.95)

585918104[/snapback]

You can't use the 90 dollar coupon with the monitor.

You can't use the 90 dollar coupon with the monitor.

585918493[/snapback]

You can if you add something to the cart that pushs the total over $750.

whooboy...i gotta say these monitors have not gotten any better through production since the beginning of this thread.

I've been through 3 so far, all manufactured april 2005, all with backlight bleed and stuck pixels.

My oringinal monitor has no bleed but a cluster of stuck green pixels...which im holding onto through the return/replace game.

I'm trying for one more replacement before i resign myself to my original, imperfect monitor.

It's a great monitor...I wish it were made better!

:cry:

EDIT- oh, a tip for prosepective Dell returns/exchanges... never, ever, never call!

Take care of everything via email. It is quick and painless, and you won't get the runaround you would by calling.

I guess I dont get it Everyone I know who gets one gets horrid bleed and some stuck pixels and then for example they say

It's a great monitor...I wish it were made better!

If it is such a great moniter it would be made better :pinch: I dont see what all the hype is about its just a cheap widescreen LCD with an average contrast ratio and good response time but suffers many other faults

tiger girl get the 2405fpw then, the BEST samsung panel out there, completely redesigned backlight tech, an amazing 24", better contrast ratio, its supposed to have a better response time as well. Plus, $860 is just a bit over the apple 20", and about half of the apple 23" price of $1700

I am not looking for a new moniter and I was just talking about the 2005fpw

Anyways if the 24" LCD is so much better why cant they improve the on the faults of a much more simple display and why are people still buying it despite the fact

It's not only stupid, it's also extremely hard because you have to aim on the black plastic :laugh:

585902655[/snapback]

Thats exactly what I ment! Still, I'd love a setup like that. :cry:

Damn! this thread has reached 100 pages!!!

To me, that monitor is ridiculous and too big. IMO, not worht the extra cash.

585933992[/snapback]

No such. Not even the 24". :)

The 2005FPW is not really that big. I mean its tall as a 17" lcd and what like half again as wide?

I'm pondering selling my 2005fpw on ebay and getting the 24"er. I like my 2005fpw, though. I sort of like the 1080i resolution on the 2405 and the component inputs, though. Too bad no HDCP. :(

I still think the people complaining about backlights haven't compared it to another LCD display, though. Its not any worse than the 3 LCDs I have at work, and the colors, brightness, and saturation are wonderful. It certainly isn't too big, its like 3" wider than a single 17" LCD I think (the 2005fpw).

Got mine yesterday. Major backlight bleeding in the bottom left, medium bleeding in the top left and minor bleeding in the top right.

Manufacture date of April 2005, Rev A01.

Compared to my 7 year old VAIO laptop screen (14" 1024x768), it's about the same. Compared to my 6 month old VAIO laptop screen (15" 1200x800), it's VERY BAD.

Just got return authorization from Dell.

You guys that got good ones have my admiration. It's a nice screen.

:ninja: Any current Kick ass coupons for these anywhere? I found out about all the coupons a day too late! :( Any new ones coming up? I wanna get two!

Thanks.

Houmack.

:ninja:

Edited by Houmack

post-81468-1116447523.jpg

post-81468-1116447531.jpg

post-81468-1116447539.jpg

I'm going to save it untill I get enough money to build my PC! :angry: Shouldn't be too long.

:trying to figure out the correct way to put it back together:

:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

What the heck? One person says...

Got mine yesterday. Major backlight bleeding in the bottom left, medium bleeding in the top left and minor bleeding in the top right.

Manufacture date of April 2005, Rev A01.

Compared to my 7 year old VAIO laptop screen (14" 1024x768), it's about the same. Compared to my 6 month old VAIO laptop screen (15" 1200x800), it's VERY BAD.

Just got return authorization from Dell.

Next person says....

Any current Kick ass coupons for these anywhere? I wanna get two!

Thanks.

I think this display needs a new review....

:argh:  :argh: :argh:  :argh:  :argh: :argh:  :argh:  :argh: :argh:  :argh:

What the heck? One person says...

Next person says....

I think this display needs a new review....

585940208[/snapback]

Just cause some people have problems with a few, doesn't mean they'll all be bad! Right? I sure hope so!!! I'm about to buy two new ones from someone on eBay and bring em to Canada where I'll have no dell support! :pinch:

Fawk, I don't know what to do. I want one so bad.

Anyway.... how often do the coupons come out?

Thanks.

Just cause some people have problems with a few, doesn't mean they'll all be bad! Right? I sure hope so!!! I'm about to buy two new ones from someone on eBay and bring em to Canada where I'll have no dell support!  :pinch:

Fawk, I don't know what to do. I want one so bad.

Anyway.... how often do the coupons come out?

Thanks.

585940266[/snapback]

The run the coupons weekly.. you should be able to find some within 2-3 weeks.

I got my 2005fpw today. No dead pixels but pretty significant back lighting on 3 corners. I don't notice it in games but DVD viewing and dark screens are very distracting. I have a revision A01 made in Mexico during April 2005. I'm considering my options but if you guys don't think I can expect much better than I might just get a refund. Very dissapointing because everything is perfect except for the back light issue.

Here's a pic of the backlighting on a blank screensaver. The digital camera emphasizes it a bit more than in person.

dell2005fpw-resize.JPG

Holy **** thats bad!!! (Excuse my language)

Id try and get it swapped, thats terrible.

585940882[/snapback]

So I shouldn't give up hope then? I was about to just get a refund after this monitor. Looks AWESOME when the backlight issue isn't showing and I really like the widescreen format. WoW looked insane. Movies are pretty much unwatchable unfortunately. Very annoying. My brother has a 19" Sceptre X-gamer monitor and it's backlight is barely noticeable. But there are people out there getting 2005FPW's with no or minimal backlighting problems?

Here is my brother's x-gamer. I'd be more than happy with that backlight.

post-110942-1116458404_thumb.jpg