Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD

Mine isnt as bad as that, mine for me, I dont notice it often because Im just fed up of Dell in general, ive had 3 of these and Dell wont let me exchange for some stupid reason which I wont go in to.

Id try and get it replaced.

Mine isnt as bad as that, mine for me, I dont notice it often because Im just fed up of Dell in general, ive had 3 of these and Dell wont let me exchange for some stupid reason which I wont go in to.

Id try and get it replaced.

585940964[/snapback]

I know you said you didn't want to get into it but would you mind explaining so that hopefully I could prevent the same problem?

Do you have any pics of any of the 3 monitors backlighting? How did all of yours compare to mine?

Thanks.

Maybe I have terrible eyes or just not looking at it right? I put on a black screensaver and this is what I get (screenshot at bottom).

To me, this is not a problem at all, and not as bad as dissonance's post/screenshot or others. I'm keeping mine, I love it. First Dell product ever owned, probably last, unless in the future I am looking for another new monitor and Dell were to have something nice out then too compared to others at that xx time, who knows. This will be fine for me for a few years.

No dead pixels out of the box, still not yet either.

I have no problem with what I see. It's not like I'm going to be using a black desktop. In games I havn't noticed anything at all, I tried out Chaos Theory and everything was fine to me. I can live with what I have, not getting rid of the monitor. I love it.

Here's that screenshot I took with the some? blacklight bleeding, if much at all.

post-13279-1116477026_thumb.jpg

Okay,

PLEASE HELP!! Ordering tommorow

699 for a Apple Cinema Display 20"

OR

408 for Dell 2005FPW 20"

Whicch one should I order? It looks like if I go with the apple, I will not have any trouble with backlighting, dead pixels.

BUT I pay almost twice as much, I could almost buy two for the price of one apple.

But, I HATE dealing with crap.

Plus, the apple is really pretty...

Help me out!

PS, I am using it for graphic and web development.

Ben

Okay,

PLEASE HELP!! Ordering tommorow

699 for a Apple Cinema Display 20"

OR

408 for Dell 2005FPW 20"

Whicch one should I order? It looks like if I go with the apple, I will not have any trouble with backlighting, dead pixels.

BUT I pay almost twice as much, I could almost buy two for the price of one apple.

But, I HATE dealing with crap.

Plus, the apple is really pretty...

Help me out!

PS, I am using it for graphic and web development.

Ben

585942196[/snapback]

If you have too much money get the Apple I guess. I think it had some issues with red tint but not as rampant as the 2005FPW. However if I'm spending 700 on a monitor you might consider saving more and getting the ultimate 24" from dell. It like just under 1,000.

Me personally, I'd wait to get the Dell for like 450 bucks. ( I have to pay a 10percent tax)

Damn, I was waiting to pick up 2 of the 2005fpw's until the refresh rates got a little lower for gaming joy, and they have. The pics with the backlit corners make me want to re-evalute that position. Maybe I just expect too much from a 400 dollar monitor.

I think, (thanks randy)

I am gonna go with the apple monitor. I am going to pay 60 bucks to get it shipped overnight and join the MAC *gasp* side.

Unless you guys can convince me otherwise!

Calling all dell salesforce!

Ben

I bought mine (new unopened box) from Ebay and after they send me payment received email, I haven't got any contact to them in last 10 days and DHL says there is no package send under my name :(.

Well, even though I am saying people are too picky... I sent my 1st unit back for a backlight like you have now. My current one has like 1/3 that leakage.

But, even on the original one, unless I was running a -perfectly- black background like you are, I really couldn't tell. I guess it could possibly be a bit annoying when watching a DVD that had black bars on top and bottom in an extreme case?

But, given the price of this 20" widescreen monitor, I think they are great. The colours and all really are quite nice in my opinion.

Maybe I have terrible eyes or just not looking at it right? I put on a black screensaver and this is what I get (screenshot at bottom).

To me, this is not a problem at all, and not as bad as dissonance's post/screenshot or others. I'm keeping mine, I love it. First Dell product ever owned, probably last, unless in the future I am looking for another new monitor and Dell were to have something nice out then too compared to others at that xx time, who knows. This will be fine for me for a few years.

No dead pixels out of the box, still not yet either.

I have no problem with what I see. It's not like I'm going to be using a black desktop. In games I havn't noticed anything at all, I tried out Chaos Theory and everything was fine to me. I can live with what I have, not getting rid of the monitor. I love it.

Here's that screenshot I took with the some? blacklight bleeding, if much at all.

post-13279-1116477026_thumb.jpg

585942162[/snapback]

I bought mine (new unopened box) from Ebay and after they send me payment received email, I haven't got any contact to them in last 10 days and DHL says there is no package send under my name :(.

585942671[/snapback]

How did you make payment? What's the User ID? You can make a complaint if they don't communicate with you and PayPal can help you get your money back if you've paid with PayPal. eBay will cover up to $200 - $25 proccessing fee if you get ripped off. As long as you won the item on eBay and not through an outside sale. I'm interested to know what Member you dealt with. User ID?

Bought from Ebay and payed with PayPal. User ID is "suretradersinc". He's been selling alot and has lots of good feedback but now in the past couple of days there has come 2 bad feedback that they havent got any contact to them. Nice to hear that there is good protection in Ebay/PayPal :)

I'm new to Ebay so should I left negative feedback now or should I wait? Also can I edit it to positive if he contacts me after that?

I'm new to Ebay so should I left negative feedback now or should I wait? Also can I edit it to positive if he contacts me after that?

585944294[/snapback]

Hey, don't leave a negative just yet. He's a hug powerseller and i'm sure he gets lots of emails. Try requesting contact information and calling him first. You can do that by loggin into your account, clicking advance search under the search bar, then on the left click "get contact info". eBay will email you with his number. You have 45 days to file a complaint with paypal, so just hang on. Powersellers take a bit to respond. PM me if you need any help

Just got mine the other day and it is awesome. No problems with it. I ended up paying $398 for it with shipping to NYC. Must have monito if you have the money.

this monitor work great for games ?

I have a ati radeon 9800 xt

585948687[/snapback]

Yes it will work with a Radeon 9800 XT. I have a 9800 Pro works fine. Just be sure you have the latest Catalyst 5.5 drivers. (Y)

this monitor work great for games ?

I have a ati radeon 9800 xt

585948687[/snapback]

Sure does, I have a 9800 Pro and ive not had a problem playing games.

This monitor is pretty awesome. There's slight backlight bleeding going on, but nothing you'd notice if you weren't looking for it. As far as games, my 9800 pro didn't stutter too much w/HL2 at native res.