Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD

I just wanted to know about the shipping, do they really leave it at your door step if no one answers.?

I ordered an lcd t.v and soon the 2005FP, and with the stories I read about dhl just leaving the boxes in front of your door is pretty scary.

Is this a new product from dell??

I was wondering why on their site its only $640 now compared to $800 reg.

and not even in their booklet of joy?

do yo think it will go back to 800 soon or something?

The only problem I have with this monitor (besides it not being 1920x1200) is that it is a Dell. I have friends that have had insane amount of trouble from them, enough to get them to seriously look at Apple computers. Since they are outsourcing just about everything, Dell service and products have gone down the crapper, in my opinion.

I'll agree for the most parts. I'm a big apple ######. lol.

That being said, Dell does have a great return policy, and the 2005fpw has the same panel as the 20" Apple at a -much- lower price, so I made an exception this time....

The only problem I have with this monitor (besides it not being 1920x1200) is that it is a Dell.  I have friends that have had insane amount of trouble from them, enough to get them to seriously look at Apple computers.  Since they are outsourcing just about everything, Dell service and products have gone down the crapper, in my opinion.

585092428[/snapback]

hello, those who have gotten multiple replacements, does the 21 day return/exchange period renew itself? do you get an additional 21 days from the date of the second invoice and so on if you get more replacements, or do you only get 21 days total no matter how many monitors you exchange.

i ask because the first 3 reps i talked to, they said that you will receive a new replacement each time you return as long as it is within 21 days from the ship date. BUT last night a rep told me that the 21 day period does not renew itself and that after the initial 21 days you will only  be eligible for a "like-new" monitor.  :ermm: if that was true it would really suck, you keep getting defective monitors and then you end up getting second-hand ones when in reality you paid for a BRAND NEW one. can everyone help clear this up? thanks alot

585085924[/snapback]

sad but true, yes the 21 day return/exchange period does not renew itself and yes again, you will probably get a "like-new" monitor after 21 days. what you could do, just return the monitor, get your money back and a buy a new one again.

wow guys, i feel sorry for all of you....and i hate to put it in ur face, but damn am i happy nothing is wrong with my monitor...im tempted to save up for another one, btu the amount of hassles ive had REALLY discourages me from buying another one....good luck to the rest of you

sad but true, yes the 21 day return/exchange period does not renew itself and yes again, you will probably get a "like-new" monitor after 21 days. what you could do, just return the monitor, get your money back and a buy a new one again.

585096068[/snapback]

if i return it, do i have to pay a restocking fee? or do i return as a defective product and how many days do i have to return? sorry for all the questions.

if i return it, do i have to pay a restocking fee? or do i return as a defective product and how many days do i have to return? sorry for all the questions.

585097292[/snapback]

i dont think you have to pay a restocking fee, as long as you return the faulty monitor within 5 days i think, not sure, you can return the monitor, just call customer service and ask for a money-back or demand, literally, for a new monitor.

i dont think you have to pay a restocking fee, as long as you return the faulty monitor within 5 days i think, not sure, you can return the monitor, just call customer service and ask for a money-back or demand, literally, for a new monitor.

585097492[/snapback]

thank you for your answers but i have one more question, will dell replace faulty like-new monitors under the total satisfaction policy that have been sent out as replacements/exchanges?

Do you mean to ask if they'll let you send back replacements for the same reason as the original faulty unit? If so, the answer is yes.

thank you for your answers but i have one more question, will dell replace faulty like-new monitors under the total satisfaction policy that have been sent out as replacements/exchanges?

585097506[/snapback]

guys just got my monitor today and needless to say as soon as i got home i set it up. disconnected the vga and plugged into the dvi.

this is my first lcd, besides obviously seeing a dead or stuck pixel, is there a test or a screen that i should use to look for one?