Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD

do dead pixels just decide to pop up one day, or if they don't show up on the first day they never will?

585103985[/snapback]

You can pretty much safely say it is like that. Most will come dead/stuck out of the box. During the initial warm up phase when you power it on and use it for a bit, a pixel may die or become stuck after the panel has been warmed up.

It really is luck of the draw and if it was manufactured well. But this does not tend to happen from experience.

It shouldn't be -that- noticeable. I went from a 22" Iiyama HM204DT CRT, and I am not bothered by the size of the 2005fpw. It isn't as tall, but it seems very wide... Takes up a lot less desk space too (I know the last comparison won't be valid with the 2001fp though).

Looks good.

Glad to see its dwarfs the 17 Inch.

Be nice to see the 2001 and 2005 compared though.

585104136[/snapback]

Got mine today, no dead pixels!!!! w00t... I can't believe my eyes, they are going wowowowowow

anywho, its my first time having an LCD for my desktop, my laptop, and Acer 4501 has a nice 15.2 inch widescreen... or whatever it is... :)

they look great next to each other... :)

^take a pic for us please!  :p

and do you guys use DVI or VGA?

will it look ok on vga?

I dont have DVI (yet  :shifty:  )

585107351[/snapback]

I had to come into work, but I tested it for about 30 minutes hooked to my laptop via VGA and I couldn't tell the difference between the two on clarity. The laptop as I said above is an Acer TM4501WLMi, its actually a 15.4 inch screen, so it does the same resolutions as the 2005FPW which is really handy.

I have not tried the DVI yet, but I probably will tomorrow. Also pictures will be coming tomorrow as well.

I thought the VGA looked fairly bad...

I've tried a few LCD displays, and VGA always looks less clear, especially at anything above 1280x1024 (in my experience anyway).

OOOOMMMMGGGG!!!!

This freaking monitor rocks to high heaven. This is my first LCD monitor ever. I hope it lasts years...it's soooo gorgeous. I didn't know my games could look like this.

All my games look like those high res game pics they show you for game reviews. The lighting is so clear...the colors are AMAZING. MAN OH MAN.

No dead pixels....no bleeding, no probs, just great service. Dell also delivered the monitor 5 freaking days ahead of schedule...how awesome is dat? You go dell!

OOOOMMMMGGGG!!!!

This freaking monitor rocks to high heaven. This is my first LCD monitor ever. I hope it lasts years...it's soooo gorgeous. I didn't know my games could look like this.

All my games look like those high res game pics they show you for game reviews. The lighting is so clear...the colors are AMAZING. MAN OH MAN.

No dead pixels....no bleeding, no probs, just great service. Dell also delivered the monitor 5 freaking days ahead of schedule...how awesome is dat? You go dell!

585118374[/snapback]

what revision do you have? and what month was yours made?

Hey, I got a question about this, could you take 2 of these 15% off coupons and use them together....Because that would be awsome.. ANd if it is possible.. Can anyone PM me with another 15% off coupon? :D:D

Neztea

wow...ordered on the 12th, it arrived the 17th...living close to the warehouse really helps :) all i have to say is coming from my old, crappy viewsonic 19" is that this monitor is the coolest display i have ever seen. mine came with no dead pixels and it is super bright. This display was a steal at ~560 shipped after coupons and dell must be making a killing selling these things. if you have the means, i highly recommend this monitor.

-inkwell

Hey, I got a question about this, could you take 2 of these 15% off coupons and use them together....Because that would be awsome.. ANd if it is possible.. Can anyone PM me with another 15% off coupon? :D:D

Neztea

585119312[/snapback]

The % off coupons are not stackable... you could do this though, use a 15% off and stack a $10-45 dollar off coupon which you can find other places on the net.

Cheers...

PS... the DVI looks way better than the D-SUB connection, my monitor was way to bright, so I turned the brightness down to 23 and then reduced the colors down to 70 each, now its perfect. :)

:cry: dude your gonna make me cry... i want a ultra sharp wide screen since they came out!!!!!! im honestly gonna cry!

DUDE THATS SUCH A WICKED MONITOR!

lucky ******!

post-83910-1103344484_thumb.jpg

New to the forums and decided to post my expierence so far with my new 2005fpw.

I recieved the LCD on Tuesday afternoon and upon opening the box I was shocked at how large the panel is. It dwarfs my 19" NEC CRT. Color and clarity is amazing on this thing. Any eyestrain problems I had are simply non-exsistent now and I can't imagine going back to a CRT.

Good news and bad news. Good - no dead pixels. Bad - severe backlighting problems. When I first fired it up I did'nt notice the backlighting issue until after a couple hours of using it. It seemed to get worse overtime and during regular apps, games (like unreal, however not such as doom 3 due to the game being very dark), internet browsing, etc. it is not at all noticiable. But watching a movie ecspecially with dark scenes it is horrible.

So I have been trying to contact dell about getting a replacement. I e-mailed them the day I got it about the backlighting with no response yet (supposed to get a response within 24 hours, been 3 days) and I have tried calling and have been put on hold for well over an hour and ended up getting nowhere due to me not being able to be on the phone for that long (busy). I will have plenty of time this weekend to try and get ahold of them though.

So my question to anyone who has succesfully gotten dell to send a replacement out what method did you use? E-mail, phone? Am I simply having bad luck or is it due to the holidays? Any advice is welcome...

Thanks in advance.