Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD

The 25% Dellf coupons I believe only work in the US. I don't think they work with International orders.

My offer still stands. If someone gets me the shipping dimensions I can get a quote on sending one from the US to the UK.

*Whines 3rd thread i need a 25% Coupon... pretty please? For me? :blush: There $1,100 USD in the UK (?616) a 25% off would be awesome!!*

Does it come with a DVI Cable... I think my 9800 Pro 128MB Might have one... not sure. I'll use DVI when I get one though.

Are most of the ones shipping now fault free? Because with my luck (Or lack of) Ill get a dodgy one and have get a replacement.

Does Dell UK Offer the same policy regarding Dead Pixels? LIke if there is one you ring up and ask for another?

585134202[/snapback]

Those 25% coupons only work in the U.S.:((

As for the dead pixel policy dell is the best when it comes to dead pixels.

They'll send you a new monitor even if you have 1 dead pixel. They even pay for shipping both ways:)) Thats how it works in the U.S atleast.

The 25% Dellf coupons I believe only work in the US.  I don't think they work with International orders.

My offer still stands.  If someone gets me the shipping dimensions I can get a quote on sending one from the US to the UK.

585134219[/snapback]

Frank -

W x L x H

16in x 22in x 12in - Size of the box

Weight: 24.10 Lbs

:yes:

STOP TALKING ABOUT COUPONS. THAT **** IS SO OFF TOPIC. I"M GETTING SICK OF IT.

YOU GUYS ARE FLOODING THIS THREAD WITH STUFF THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A REVIEW

If you want a freaken coupon check out the DellF Thread in Hardware Hangout. :wacko:

Edited by Steven

finally someone says it!

back to the review... ive hooked up my ps2 to the monitor using monster s-video cable it looks O.K. ...cept for some text looks a lil jaggy i also hear from a friend dvd player hooked directly to it is **** can neone verify?

How do you know if you have a bad pixel? Also, I have a Dell Dimension 4300- is there anything extra I need to buy for this monitor to work properly or does everything come with it?

got a nice long s-video cable today to hook it to my cable box...going to try out the pip...and i had the camera yesterday so i could finally take a pic, but then i forgot where i put it...heh

it's a small adapter you put onto your excisting monitor port.  and it can convert your monitor....

585137206[/snapback]

Uh no, it's a different method of connecting LCD monitors than VGA.

Since this is a widescreen monitor. When you play a game that only supports 4:3 ratio does it put a side letterbox on or does it just stretch it out of perportion?

Oh no, the Dell.ca and Dell.com don't have the monitor listed on their sites anymore.  Have they discontinued this product already??

585141241[/snapback]

Dell.com --> http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/product...ategory_id=4009

Dell.ca --> http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdet...ategory_id=4009

Both are still avail...

Again, I want to say this is the best monitor I have ever stared at!

I love mine now that I got one with no dead pixels.

I had to replace mine 3 times to finally get one that was perfect.

Isn't the monitor made by BenQ not LG?

I know the LCD panel in it is LG but its manufactured by BenQ...

Look at alienware's 20.1 LCD... its the same as the dell :)

I love mine now that I got one with no dead pixels.

I had to replace mine 3 times to finally get one that was perfect.

Isn't the monitor made by BenQ not LG?

I know the LCD panel in it is LG but its manufactured by BenQ...

Look at alienware's 20.1 LCD... its the same as the dell :)

585143126[/snapback]

2005FPW / DELL? - LG

(Model No / Brand Name)  (Basic Model)

* Manufactured at :

LG Electronics, Inc.

We hereby declare that this device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules.

Operation is subject to the following two conditions :

1. This device may not cause harmful interference, and

2. This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.

Doesn't mention Benq at all in the documentation.