Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD

Then I'll be the first to admit my incompetence.

My apologies.

585143277[/snapback]

No worries. The 20.1in by Alienware is made by Benq as is the 20.1in from Dell. (The 2001FP, not the 2005FPW).

Kill Yourself: no worries... it happens, thats why the link is included in the sig :)

This question about who made the panel was brought up on Broadbandreports.com, anandtech.com and slashdot... :)

No worries. The 20.1in by Alienware is made by Benq as is the 20.1in from Dell.  (The 2001FP, not the 2005FPW).

585143296[/snapback]

Well, Anandtech believe the panel is LG-Philips.. (2001FP)

Anandtech page stating it is LG.Philips: http://www.anandtech.com/displays/showdoc.aspx?i=1918&p=5

LG.Philips panel page: http://global.lgphilips-lcd.com/en/product...tg=view&idx=167

Hey all, bummer deal,

Had this monitor for 2 weeks, it came out of the box perfectly, no dead pix or nothing. Just the other day it suddenly had 6-7 dead ones all over and a faint line going down the center. :( They say its a natural defect, but i will get annoyed when in 3 months or something i have a dead one in the center of it. (i am a perfectionist unfortunately) So its getting returned. Screen did look fantastic though. I am not going to mess with an LCD for a while, going back to my 19" trinitron which is still as good as new after 4 years with no imperfections. Hope you all have perfect monitors!

Finally been able to order mine, had to wait for birthday cheques to clear :)

The Indian gentleman on the other end of the phone spoke great english (more importantly, he understood great english ;)):D better than from most call centres here in the UK. No having to repeat myself 5 times, or struggling to understand what he's saying :)

But anyway, I payed full whack for it (?609.83), no introductory offers for me:blink:: but i'm not too fussed:sleep:: just hope it arrives this year!

Hello,

I hope somebody can help me: how do I know that my graphic processor supports the native resolution of the 2005FPW?

I would like to connect it to the external monitor port on my Toshiba laptop which has the GeForce4 420 Go built in. (The laptop has a normal display, not a widescreen)

Any input is welcome. I just don't wanna buy the monitor and then discover that I cannot fully utilize it.

thanks!

Colt

It'll probably work fine, just won't be as clear if you use the VGA and not the DVI plug. And, obviously, that video card can't do 1680x1050 in 3d very well.

Hello,

I hope somebody can help me:  how do I know that my graphic processor supports the native resolution of the 2005FPW?

I would like to connect it to the external monitor port on my Toshiba laptop which has the GeForce4 420 Go built in.  (The laptop has a normal display, not a widescreen)

Any input is welcome.  I just don't wanna buy the monitor and then discover that I cannot fully utilize it.

thanks!

Colt

585146283[/snapback]

hey, thanks for the fast answers.

Sounds great. But I looked into the display properties and the settings only allow like the usual 1024x786 but not the 1680x1050. Will that change as soon as I connect the monitor and install the monitor driver or do I have to install other graphic card drivers?

I guess my question will also be interesting for other prospective buyers...

It'll probably work fine, just won't be as clear if you use the VGA and not the DVI plug.  And, obviously, that video card can't do 1680x1050 in 3d very well.

585146806[/snapback]

ColtSeavers: I am not sure why someone did not address this before... You are looking at the display properties with the native resolution of your laptops LCD... this has nothing to do with what resolution your external monitor can reach.

Anywho, your VGA out will work fine with this monitor, albeit that its not going to be as clear as DVI, this monitor seems built for that. However you will be able to make full use of the max resolution. Also, just a note for everyone else, I did not use the Dell horror disc that came with it, but rather just visited windows update and the INF for the monitor got installed.

Well, Anandtech believe the panel is LG-Philips.. (2001FP)

Anandtech page stating it is LG.Philips: http://www.anandtech.com/displays/showdoc.aspx?i=1918&p=5

LG.Philips panel page: http://global.lgphilips-lcd.com/en/product...tg=view&idx=167

585143916[/snapback]

Hmm, I guess that's possible. But Dell makes no mention of it on this page. All I see is info about Benq.

does anyone no if dells dimension 4300 has dvi port in videocard? if not how can i find out,, also ordered monitor on dec 16 first said it would be here around 22. today i got email from dell today saying order is pushed back now till jan 6!! anyone else have this problem was really looking forward to getting it this week.guess ill just have to wait :(

Hmm, I guess that's possible.  But Dell makes no mention of it on this page.  All I see is info about Benq.

585147838[/snapback]

Interesting.. Perhaps the panel is LG.Philips but the unit is put together and checked for conformity at the BenQ plant.

That's my only real guess.

does anyone no if dells dimension 4300 has dvi port in videocard?  if not how can i find out

2 seconds on google found this image:

http://www.itreviews.co.uk/graphics/normal/hardware/h554.jpg

the port on the left is VGA, the one on the right is DVI... look on the back of your computer :p

Oh, mine will be arriving sometime on friday :woot:

Interesting.. Perhaps the panel is LG.Philips but the unit is put together and checked for conformity at the BenQ plant.

That's my only real guess.

585149402[/snapback]

Heh, you are all confused... The information that you are looking at is for a totally different monitor, that being the 20.1" 2001FP (not widescreen), which is made by BenQ...

The 20.1" 2005FPW (widescreen) is made by LG, click on this link --> http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/moni...y%20Information

Anywho, point being:

LG makes the 2005FPW

BenQ makes the 2001FP

Heh, you are all confused...

LG makes the 2005FPW

BenQ makes the 2001FP

I know which monitors I'm talking about.. In regards to the 2001FP, why did Anandtech do a full page on the specs of the LG.Philips panel if it is made by BenQ?

I know which monitors I'm talking about.. In regards to the 2001FP, why did Anandtech do a full page on the specs of the LG.Philips panel if it is made by BenQ?

585150062[/snapback]

Put it to bed already. Anandtech had a preproduction monitor.

Hi,

I have only one question

is better this new lcd Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW or DELL

UltraSharp 2001FP. I want buy it one from this LCD.. but both are good.. can you help me?

best regards

cPida

Hi,

I have only one question

is better this new lcd Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW or DELL 

UltraSharp 2001FP. I want buy it one from this LCD.. but both are good.. can you help me?

best regards

cPida

585152058[/snapback]

This thread is 34 pages long, your answer is in it, try reading the review :)

585150062[/snapback]

It is made by both LG and BenQ.

LCD panel is made by LG and the housing is made by BenQ. I don't see why you people don't understand that.