Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD

one question, if anyone can help me.

as i heard it only has the YELLOW connector (Video rca i think).. if you can only connect the yellow cord to the LCD.. how you will hear the sound of psx? (red and white cords)

sorry if i sound stupid but i don't get it.

thanks.

I just talked to a dell CSR, he told me that I'll received a refurbuished 2005fpw but to he assured me that it's a new monitor label as "refurbuished" because of the tax law that if they send me a replacement monitor as "new" I (or them, I forgot), will have to pay the tax again. He also explained to me that a product is labled "refurbuished" when a previous customer refused the shippment when the product arrived at his door, so Dell will recycle that product as it retured to Dell and labled refurbuish.

I dunno if any of this is true or not, because to my knowledge that a refurbuish item is either had damage before but has been fixed, or it's been returned by the customer.

What should I do? Did you guys get a replacement labled as refurbuished as well?

585772245[/snapback]

It depends how long you've had the original. If under 21 days (as was my case) I was offered to have a refurb sent to me as a replacement. I obviously complained and the CSR said they would process my 1st monitor as an RETURN (because it was defective) and send me a NEW monitor under a new order number.

BTW, I'm from Canada, and both monitors were shipped from Texas I think; no import fees here. Since Dell has a Canadian presence, although the goods come from the States, I was already charged Canadian taxes; thus, I think the taxing thing they're talking about it BS. :p

Just whine at Dell; they'll comply. :angry:

one question, if anyone can help me.

as i heard it only has the YELLOW connector (Video rca i think)..  if you can only connect the yellow cord to the LCD.. how you will hear the sound of psx? (red and white cords)

sorry if i sound stupid but i don't get it.

thanks.

585774606[/snapback]

Guess you didn't get the Dell Sound Bar right?

Well, notice that there are NO speakers on the monitor... Hook it up to external speakers! :D

yeah yeah i know there's no dell sound bar.

i have these 2.1 z-2200 from logitech, how to hook it up to.. the lcd? will pc have sound then? is there something to have sound on both windows and the psx?

thanks.

Buy a Hercules GTXP and hook it up next to your monitor. Its the best soundcard I've ever owned. I have never been happy with the SB Live/Audigy drivers or software. Honestly I have never seen a major hardware designer with worse software than Creative. Their entire software team is incompetant.

With a Hercules GTXP you can connect the audio cables to the front of your GTXP external box which you can put on your desk and your PSX/Xbox to your monitor. Halo 2 looked pretty good through RCA cables. My friend didnt have the X-box hd-tv kit so I couldnt test it with that.

but isn't there another way to do so without any other stuff?

i mean any cheap adapter or so? to have sound on both pc and psx connected to the lcd without touching a ****.

thanks.

i thought about the dell sound bar but.. oh well.. it's not the same as sound with my logitech subwoofer.

Edited by honoriak

Buy a Hercules GTXP and hook it up next to your monitor. Its the best soundcard I've ever owned. I have never been happy with the SB Live/Audigy drivers or software. Honestly I have never seen a major hardware designer with worse software than Creative. Their entire software team is incompetant.

With a Hercules GTXP you can connect the audio cables to the front of your GTXP external box which you can put on your desk and your PSX/Xbox to your monitor. Halo 2 looked pretty good through RCA cables. My friend didnt have the X-box hd-tv kit so I couldnt test it with that.

585776305[/snapback]

I can't help but say Hercules had some prety crappy drives for the GTXP as well. It at times was a pain in the butt to get working right, and I don't think it did Dolbly Decoding in hardware either, it has been a while, I would have to borrow my friends, he has the ORIGINAL GTXP, which I sold him after getting a vastly better Audigy 2 Platinum Pro.

So those ###### at Dell are not comprehending the fact they sent me a 17" monitor as a replacement. Over a day later and I still can't get anyone to straighten this out. I feel like sending all the damn monitors back and telling them to go **** themselves.

The great thing is, I'm not the only one. Another customer on the Dell forums said they sent him a 19" as a replacement! Apparently he can't get anyone to straighten things out yet either.

This is just a damn shame... UltraSharp monitors are some of the best out there, but Dell support is horrible!

Neh...I'm just gonna give up with Dell now. Waste too much of my time. I'll just try to get a return...only if they email me back and understand what i'm saying...

You know it's bad quality when you get 8 monitors all with the same problem...and they don't really care if I complain or not

585768205[/snapback]

Same.

IF DELL SORT my current problem out (Backlight bleed + Strange dark horizontal lines) It will be my 4th.

Im sure like you... actually gettimg through to someone who remotely understands what your saying is hard.

1) They dont understand

2) If they remotely understand, they will fob you off and say there is nothing they can do and/or pass you onto another department where you have to start from scratch (So F'ing annoying)

Email... meh its pathetic.

NOTHING gets done.

I wish I never bought this monitor.

I wish I spent ?300 more and got a decent one, that didnt have common problems and some kinda of support.

I guess Trading Standards are my friends, maybe give them a call in 3-4 weeks if nothing is still done.

Moral of this?

If you buy one and its perfect.BRILLIANT!

If you get one and have problems, go and commit suicide now!.. Well not really... you get the idea.

this is getting annoying, i ordered on the 6th of this month, and it is still in "construction" and the aproximate date fo delivery has slipped from the 16th to the 19th now.

is anyone else in the uk haveing these problems?

Dell email: "I have checked our account information and would like to inform you service has already been processed for dispatching you correct printer."

*slams head against desk*

Please tell me that was a typo..

Dell email: "I have checked our account information and would like to inform you service has already been processed for dispatching you correct printer."

*slams head against desk*

Please tell me that was a typo..

585778758[/snapback]

Oh god.

I feel for you... I really do. :no:

this is getting annoying, i ordered on the 6th of this month, and it is still in "construction" and the aproximate date fo delivery has slipped from the 16th to the 19th now.

is anyone else in the uk haveing these problems?

585778099[/snapback]

Exactly the same here in Italy. Ordered on 6th april, and the delivery is estimated on 19.

Oh this just gets better and better. Turns out "Shahnawaz" didn't do a damn thing. The service call number he/she gave me was the same one used for the original replacement.

This is bullsh**. Damn, they won't let me exchange the monitor for a new one, exchange it for another one, or return it. I don't see how this is fair at all because I kept each monitor for less than 21 days. Is it my fault they're dumbasses that can't manufacture correctly? So I buy new one and those retards can't produce a good one, so I have to suffer for 4 months, waste my time (LOTS of time), and keep getting a used monitor. That's just perfect. Fu***** Dell needs to go bankrupt.

I have one warning for someone who's thinking about getting this.

DON'T BUY IT!! SPEND YOUR MONEY SOMEWHERE ELSE IF YOU WANT QUALITY PRODUCTS AND SERVICE

to be honest i think you have no idea what a bad back light truly looks like. You have better chances of being struck by lightning than having horrible back lighting problems on 7 or 8 2005fpws, theres just no way. My 2005fpw has horrible back lighting problems, that is, if i view it about 40+ degrees to the right or left (like most LCDs), but if im viewing it head on (which i do 99% of the time), there is only one backlighting problem thats visible, during movies alone no less. Its near the top left corner and is a pretty harsh glow, however, it doesnt bother me after about 5 minutes.

god damn, I SHOULDN'T HAVE BOUGHT THIS

more waiting days and i'm 100% sure i'll have to change it because of backlight issues..

oh well.

585783559[/snapback]

You can cancel it or refuse it when you receive it.

dammit, mine just fricking died.... all I get now is a blue screen that looks like the win3.1 background color when you would minimize the task manager.... GRRRRR this is annoying, and a 20 minute way for dell support... WTF...

So should I ask for a replacement widescreen or get a normal 20.1"?

dammit, mine just fricking died.... all I get now is a blue screen that looks like the win3.1 background color when you would minimize the task manager.... GRRRRR this is annoying, and a 20 minute way for dell support... WTF...

So should I ask for a replacement widescreen or get a normal 20.1"?

585785721[/snapback]

Yours died? :o

Mine has strange lines going across the screen...

Hmmm.

I dunno... I like the widescreen.. Just not Dell and 2005's!

wtf, I unplugged it for 10 minutes now, plugged it back in to take a photo and now its working correctly again

this is annoying...

DO NOT BUY THIS POS!!! PERIOD!!! GET A VIEWSONIC OR SOMETHING ELSE, SAMSUNG....