Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD

Wow, excellent review, wish I had a monitor like that. I envy all you people.

I always thought Dell made bad monitors/computers, I guess I was wrong.

Wow, excellent review, wish I had a monitor like that. I envy all you people.

I always thought Dell made bad monitors/computers, I guess I was wrong.

585785759[/snapback]

:ninja:a:

Dell dont make them, Benq Do.

Dell Support Sucks.

Dont buy these monitors.

Chances of getting a 'normal' are like.. rare.

Heh, I read through the last 2 pages, and whoa, what a twist in the thread. :lol:

My phat 17" Cicero CRT has lasted me 5 years, lot's of eye strain, freaking monitors just don't break down do they.

well this one was built by LG... just check the manual thats linked in my sig...

I have no idea what happened but its working fine now.... I would not suggest purchasing one of these anymore... stuck with a different brand... Samsung is great :)

Yup, I would recommend spending a few more bucks to get a quality monitor. This is seriously a piece of sh** and it's worse that it's "supported" by Dell. I wish I had returned it when I had the chance to get a Samsung....now I'm stuck with a $600 defective and used monitor. Yay!

After continuing to read this thread, it is always amazing how many people come out and complain, but hardly anyone compliments. I still stand by that I got a good 2005FPW, no backlight problems, no dead pixels, no stuck pixels. Third LCD from Dell I have owned that is perfect basically. The 2005FPW is a little on the bright side, but I manage. :)

After continuing to read this thread, it is always amazing how many people come out and complain, but hardly anyone compliments. I still stand by that I got a good 2005FPW, no backlight problems, no dead pixels, no stuck pixels. Third LCD from Dell I have owned that is perfect basically. The 2005FPW is a little on the bright side, but I manage. :)

585786372[/snapback]

It is good to hear that there are good cases. It just seems like they are too many bad cases, so it irks me about possibly getting one of these.

Slipped to 21th now. :no:

585780748[/snapback]

i just checked my order thismorning, and it has slipped again, ordered on the 6th, i checked after 5 days to see what was taking so long and it had delivery as the 16th, then it slipped to the 19th, and now it is saying the 22nd, and whats the bet it keeps slipping

the only up side is that this could mean they are sorting out some of the problems ppl have been listing here, you think they would have gotten the msg with all the ppl getting replacments

Mine is working great too. It is as with ANYTHING. The people who don't have problems don't post all over, it is the ones who do that post a lot.

I still think most of the backlight problems are by people who've never used an LCD, but I did have a bad problem my 1st time around as well.

heck, mine worked FANTASTIC... until the 16th... with the weird blue screen thing... now its working flawless after unplugging it for 10 minutes... who knows... :)

*Sigh*  :cry:

Just got a Dead Pixel after 1 month and so many days/weeks.

Hmm, its vanished now  :laugh:

585793716[/snapback]

That's not a dead pixel, it's a stuck pixel....different.

yay! from 22nd to 25th

will this ever stop?

585796528[/snapback]

yay! from 22nd to 25th

will this ever stop?

Same thing here, this is getting boring....

Well the order for my replacement monitor processed and should ship today. If I'm lucky, I should get it by tommorow, if not Thursday (although I won't be home to accept the package that day :().

Hopefully it will actually be a 2005FPW this time (not a 1704FPV like last time) and hopefully it will be defect free. Provided both of those conditions are meant, then I'll just need to ship back the defective 2005FPW and the 1704FPV. I'll figure out how to do that when the time comes. (I never did get a return label or any other instructions about how to send back the defective 2005FPW).

Well, I've read all the posts from beginning to end concerning this monitor, and I placed my order for the 2005FPW on Monday, should be here by friday at the latest. I've got 2 or 3 friends that have this monitor, and they love it - so here's hoping I don't get a lemon :)

P.S. - I can't wait, this is my first LCD ( and widescreen too! ) :D

Nice board btw :woot:

i wonder if this 10day delay (and wait..) is by any chance because all this problems with the LCD and people returning them lately.

i hope they see most of them are bad.. can't dell test them before sending to the people? i always wondered that.

i wonder if this 10day delay (and wait..) is by any chance because all this problems with the LCD and people returning them lately.

i hope they see most of them are bad.. can't dell test them before sending to the people? i always wondered that.

585801758[/snapback]

Sadly even if they did, they'd all pass because the defects are probably all within their company's tolerances... Sigh... 'Tis a fact of life, the businesses wants to make the most revenue out of the least cost, and the consumer wants the best product for the least amount of money... Two colliding interests don't usually make a good ending.

I've settled on the fact that a perfect monitor probably does exist but is guarded heavily by the Dell trolls under an unnamed bridge; and so... I've settled on a less than perfect, but more than acceptable monitor. One dead subpixel out of a 1,764,000 pixels (which, multiplied by 3 is 5,292,000 subpixels)... Doing more math that equals 0.000019% defect... Now, mind you, people spend a good $50,000+ on a car... DO THEY NOTICE THE SCRATCH ON THE BOTTOM OF THE ENGINE WHEN THEY INSTALLED IT?

Yes, after 1300 posts, I've given in to the superior command of Dell; I just accept it because of 2 main reasons:

1) I don't see it unless I'm trying to smell my screen

2) the competition is twice the price

Those two alone are good enough for a poor student like me... If you demand perfection, maybe spend the extra money and buy a Samsung!

Hope this doesn't start a flamewar...