Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD

Hey, I ordered this Dell LCD on Friday 04/15/05 and received it on 04/20/05. It was $524.30 plus $36.70 tax (free shipping) :D

I installed it lastnite and man, what a beauty. I will post some pics later when I get home.

Edited by EZRecovery

i bet when dell sees that's a "cracked" coupon it'll send you the lcd with backlight + a dozen of dead pixels and some more issues.

oh wait, isn't that default on all of them? :)

I ordered Mine today with tat sick Dell Deal thing they have going on, and i used the DPA with the 10% off coupon and a $65 off coupong and it was $366 shipped!!! :)

I am very excited and for that price I almost ordered two! But cooler heads prevailed. ;)

THat deal is still going on BTW if any one is interested.

The Deal Just Expired as i Typed out how to get it!!! I called and they said they are doing it again next week. Start cahsing in your old bottles!

for everyone who has ordered a monitor this month like myself you might like to know that i phoned dell to find out what is happening

long story short, the manufactring plant ran out of some parts apparently, and our estimated delivery date is the 5th march :(

only good point is that even though the price has gone back up to ?553 here in the uk, i will still be charged the ?440 sale price i got it fo:D:D

The replacement monitor just arrived. It was actually a 2005FPW this time. ;)

So no dead pixels... there is some slight backlight bleed but I don't see it as an issue.

So it looks like my 2005FPW-saga is finally coming to an end. Now I just need to send back the defective display and the unwanted 17".

Quote from Fedex guy: "Dude, you want your Dell?!" :rolleyes:

2005FPW purchased yesterday:

MSRP: $749.00

40% off coupon code: 9LRWGD0NFZD9B?

$65 stackable code: BPTQ95NDT9020R

10% off additional Dell Financing coupon: FTP4G89V?41R1H

$14 off shipping (FREE 3-5day)

drum roll please..............

Sub-total $345.96

Tax $28.54

Total Price $374.50

wooohoooooooo!!!!!

Sub-total $345.96

Tax $28.54

Total Price $374.50

wooohoooooooo!!!!!

585813852[/snapback]

Well dotcombust you got me beat. I paid $486 with a couple of coupons from slickdeals.net. Dell would not give me the 10% DPA amount off the monitor for whatever reason. They said I had too many coupons going. I didn't argue I wanted the monitor so bad. They did ship to me in 2 days :D

Sub-total $345.96

Tax $28.54

Total Price $374.50

wooohoooooooo!!!!!

585813852[/snapback]

Got you beat :)

Sub-Total $345.96

Shipping $0.00

Tax $0.00

Total Price $345.96

And on top of that 3% less with fat cash... so final price... 335.58

Got mine ordered today for this price. Think I will go outside and sit on the curb, and wait on the UPS truck..  :p

585810165[/snapback]

And it arrived this morning. Now to check for dead pixels, and backlighting issues.

I was surprised to get it next day. That was fast!

First let me say this is a wonderful thread. I have read all 68 pages and used the original reviewers screenshots to show-off to my friends ;)

General impressions of the 2005fpw:

I am a PC tech and a hardcore gamer. I spend a frightening amount of time playing all the latest PC games. DOOM 3, HL2, CS Source, Everquest 2 and Warcraft 3:FT... None exhibit any signs of ghosting. I went from a Samsung 900NF on BNC cables to this monitor and even on D-sub the picture is clearer. The DVI port on my X800pro is dead so I cant give an oppinion of the DVI clearity until I have completed the RMA process. I will be testing with a 6800gt next week while my x800pro is on RMA.

Panel quality:

I got lucky. I have no backlight issues and no dead pixels. Panel revision is A01 manufactered in March 05 in Mexico. Black levels seem very uniform, however they aren't quite as dark as my Benq FP737D. The Benq is on DVI to my other PC so its not really a fair comparison.

Dell Tech Support:

When I tried to connect the monitor via DVI and it failed to work I figured I'd give Dell a call. I wasnt sure if it was the DVI port on the monitor, the DVI cable itself or my graphics card. The Dell rep helped me go through the different mode settings. He couldnt provide that many suggestions because its more or less plug and play. He was a very polite gentleman from India and he scheduled a callback for later in the day so I could test the monitor on my other Video Card and DVI cables. The Dell rep called back when he said he would and I have to say I was surprised with the quality of the service. I could understand him clearly enough... I'm glad he wasn't in Texas. I have a much harder time with the southern drawl than a bit of an Indian accent ;)

Price/Delivery:

I live in Ottawa, Canada and I purchased the Dell on the 1 day sale in March. They had the monitor for $599 with free shipping. Thats only $482 in US dollars! I paid $682 after tax which is an incredible deal in Canada. It was shipped promptly and I was happy with the packaging.

Further testing:

I'll be testing the monitor with Halo 2 on my friends X-box and a 6800gt/x800pro on DVI with all the latest games. I'll post my benchmark results I get at native res (1680x1050) so people can get an idea which card functions better with this monitor.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<EDIT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

FOR WARCRAFT 3 PLAYERS:

Warcraft 3 can function in widescreen mode but there is no setting for it in the game itself. You can enable 1680x1050 in the registry and it works in the game perfectly. I have tested this extensively and am very happy with the results:

START > run > regedit > HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Blizzard Entertainment > Warcraft III > Video

Make below change in decimal format:

resheight = 1050

reswidth = 1680

585714987[/snapback]

UPDATES:

I am now using my 2005fpw with an X800XL on DVI and it is even better. The picture is definitely clearer with DVI. No backlight issues, no Dead or Stuck pixels. I just wish I had a faster CPU so I could play CS source with 0 lag at native res.

QUESTION FOR EVERYONE:

What do I clean it with? I dont want to use the wrong material/solution and damage my dream monitor.

This is what I use you can find it at any compusa are circuit city before I clean it I turn off the screen for about 10min give it time to cool down so the soultion does not dry.....Plus when its off you can really see all the marks....

imag00623xh.jpg

Edited by dulow

Got you beat :)

Sub-Total $345.96

Shipping $0.00

Tax $0.00

Total Price $345.96

And on top of that 3% less with fat cash... so final price... 335.58

585814495[/snapback]

Nice!!! Texas=Taxes hehe

I just got mine today set it up and I have 0 issues, everything is flawless.  Im very very happy with this decesion and the price was unreal....

585829915[/snapback]

What month was it manufactured in? April or March?

incredible.

ordered it on 8th apr. and slipped from 18th to 22nd to 26th to 30th...

and now there's just the date of my order but.. no shipping date? it's just not there.. it disappeared mysteriously.

anyone knows what's going on?