Which socket 939 motherboard?

Which motherboard would you choose for a AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Winchester  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which motherboard would you choose for a AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Winchester

• Asus A8V Rev.2 Deluxe
    • MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum

like the poll question says. I'm having trouble deciding because I've read on some forums people having quite some major problems with both of these motherboards and also the same in opposite ( people having no problems at all with these motherboards ).

edit: could you also please tell me why you would choose that motherboard you've chosen.

Edited by sinatosk

Never had any problems with the MSI Neo 2 Platinum..... after I first bought it, I had problems booting but I tracked it down to a defective SATA cable. It's been working perfectly for months now.

A lovely motherboard. I have the whole cool'n'quiet thing set up too.

I know but Asus have better build quality...it's the reputation that also counts when it comes to reliability over period of use ;)

I have MSI mainboard before but it dies 2 years later for unknown reason :s

I know but Asus have better build quality...it's the reputation that also counts when it comes to reliability over period of use ;)

I have MSI mainboard before but it dies 2 years later for unknown reason :s

584996561[/snapback]

I actually agree with you on this... Asus is more of a "quality" manafacturer. But I think most mobos can manage 3 years and I'll have a new PC by then.

Yeah it also depends on the users...the way they take care of the mainboard ;)

584996569[/snapback]

I broke my last motherboard fitting a new heatsink.... I snapped off those little white sticky-outy bits and wrote the board off :blush:

Still managed to sell it on Ebay as broken, though :rolleyes:

You should wait, get the MSI K8N Neo 4 platinum that is based on the nforce 4ultra believe me it would be worth the wait to get it.. and msi will be announcing it probly this week and newegg will have it within a week or 2 right in time for x-mas...

I havent bought the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum yet, but its the one im gonna get! Its reviews totally rock! btw you can get the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum and a A64 939 300+ for ?170 on http://www.lowestonweb.com =))

qB

584997214[/snapback]

heh... I may aswell stick with my intel 2.8 ghz then if I go for 3000+:pp

which am not... am going with 3500+ winchester

I had in my life a total of 6 MSI motherbord, and 5 of them all died on me. 6e one i sold...  No MSI for me anymore.

584997259[/snapback]

hehe... has the same kinda issue with ABIT :p...