Which socket 939 motherboard?

Which motherboard would you choose for a AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Winchester  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which motherboard would you choose for a AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Winchester

• Asus A8V Rev.2 Deluxe
    • MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum

Don't buy a MSI K8N NEO 2 Platinum, AGP mobo isn't a good election, wait 1 week and buy a mobo with Nforce 4 or Via kt890 or ATI R480 (All PCI Express):

Take a look here ;).

I buy a part of my new computer in the next week:

• AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 90 nm (Winchester) ADA3500DIK4BI
  • MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum-54G
  • OCZ Enhanced DDR 1GB 3200 DualChannel
  • Geforce 6800gt PCIE

with the components i have:

• Sony Multiscan E400 19"
  • Sound Blaster Live Platinum
  • Lian Li PC 6077
  • Lite-on LTR 52x32x52
  • Pioneer DVR-108 16x
  • Pioneer DVD Slot-In
  • Logitech MX 510
  • Samsung keyboard

The Final PC is still really good :D.

Don't buy a MSI K8N NEO 2 Platinum, AGP mobo isn't a good election, wait 1 week and buy a mobo with Nforce 4 or Via kt890 or ATI R480 (All PCI Express):

Take a look here ;)).

I buy a part of my new computer in the next week:

• AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 90 nm (Winchester) ADA3500DIK4BI
  • MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum-54G
  • OCZ Enhanced DDR 1GB 3200 DualChannel
  • Geforce 6800gt PCIE

with the components i have:

• Sony Multiscan E400 19"
  • Sound Blaster Live Platinum
  • Lian Li PC 6077
  • Lite-on LTR 52x32x52
  • Pioneer DVR-108 16x
  • Pioneer DVD Slot-In
  • Logitech MX 510
  • Samsung keyboard

The Final PC is still really good:DD.

584997378[/snapback]

NICE setup man! thumbs up from me :DD

I have the MSI, but if I had a choice I would get the Asus, The way the MSI board is set up is really a pain with the ram above the CPU and the IDE connectors so close you can hardly plug two in at a time :pinch:

Get either:

MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum

or:

Abit K8V

but since you only posted the MSI one then get that one

585000352[/snapback]

crap mobo... only has 3 ram slots and it's only socket 754... I wanted socket 939 like I said in my topic title and it's done by Asus not Abit

Can't go wrong with a Neo2 Plat. and overclocking (Y)

Although ASUStek has a better mobo reputation IMO. Have you considered any DFi mobo's?

585000893[/snapback]

yup and am not interested. the ones I've seen are only socket 754 and I don't do overclocking

Oh well... even though MSI have more votes than Asus. I've done some more research about the problems people are having with the Asus motherboard. I've decided to go Asus because the problems people are having with 3000+ winchester, 3200+ winchester and 3500+ winchester are due to the fact that the BIOS is version 1006 or older which only allow winchesters chips to use only a single ram chip. That ram chip has to be in the 3rd slot away from the cpu socket. It seems alot of people don't know about this :s... oh well... they'll discover it soon I guess :p... my choice will be Asus now. I've already ordered the motherboard.

I be getting

Asus A8V Rev.2 Deluxe (Socket 939)

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Winchester 90nm (Socket 939)

Corsair 1GB DDR XMS3200XL Pro TwinX (2x512MB) CAS2

Thanks everyone :)

crap mobo... only has 3 ram slots and it's only socket 754... I wanted socket 939 like I said in my topic title and it's done by Asus not Abit

585000479[/snapback]

whoops i meant the ABIT AV8

my choice will be Asus now. I've already ordered the motherboard.

585001195[/snapback]

Good move. The A8V Deluxe is a kick-ass motherboard and it carries ASUS's name along with its build quality and stability.

whoops i meant the ABIT AV8

585001559[/snapback]

yeah I checked out that mobo aswell but like I said earlier... I had bad experience with Abit. I have checked out Abit, Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, DFI and Soltek and the only 2 that I was interested in were Asus and MSI.

Good move. The A8V Deluxe is a kick-ass motherboard and it carries ASUS's name along with its build quality and stability.

585001596[/snapback]

could you explain more why it is a "kick-ass" please?

could you explain more why it is a "kick-ass" please?

585001613[/snapback]

Well, if you'll notice the board design...all slots on the A8V Deluxe are just more conveniently placed. If you placed a nice Thermalright XP-120 heatsink on the Neo2 PT, you'd be taking over one of the ram slots:

post-74672-1101643635_thumb.jpg

Another thing (despite what some reviewers will claim), I actually find that the K8T800Pro chipset is slightly faster vs the NForce3 Ultra when benchmarking. The K8T800Pro chipset is also superb for overclocking...something that shows stability, quality, and performance! Mind you these differences are minimal...but they ARE there! Now I'm not too sure about the Neo2 PT, but the A8V Deluxe is known to have good compatibility with almost all brands of ram.

ok then... just making sure ur not one of them n00bs who says "asus rox0rs... MSI sucks monkey balls" or some crap like that but yes I did find the MSI motherboard layout rather crap

Yeh umm can u do 2 pairs of dual channel RAM??

So like 2 x Corsair PC3200 512mb Modules and 2 x OCZ PC3200 Platinum 512mb Modules together?

• 1 month later...
MSI k8N neo2 PT WIFI

take the one with WIFI, it's the Revision

584996540[/snapback]

I can't seem to find this damn thing anywhere or at least this revision. Is there a different model number to it or add-on to the number ??

thanks