• Heavy Metal
    • Punk Rock
    • Classical Rock
    • Pop
    • Jazz
    • Classical
    • Country

I'm with what Raum said earlier on.

I don't think i've crossed a single kind of music with at least one song or band i didn't like.

But hey, i listen to Psychedelic Trance. Who here even knows what that is? Many of my friends can't stand it, and neitehr could I less than 3 years ago...

waht im trying to say is that there are just things that people don't like... a whole style i guess... And i understand that.

I'm with what Raum said earlier on.

I don't think i've crossed a single kind of music with at least one song or band i didn't like.

But hey, i listen to Psychedelic Trance. Who here even knows what that is? Many of my friends can't stand it, and neitehr could I less than 3 years ago...

waht im trying to say is that there are just things that people don't like... a whole style i guess... And i understand that.

585084714[/snapback]

are you Shpongled?

(Y)

Hip hop, however, is tied in with drugs, violence and crime.

585039462[/snapback]

Yeah, Rock really is the anithesis of Rap/Hip-Hop. :whistle: I'll remember that the next time a "Rock" star overdoses on drugs, gets shot or shoots someone and/or gets incarcerated. It had nothing to do with that person's music/lifestyle. :blink:

I happen to like music from all genres. Good music is good music no matter the artist or the genre.

are you Shpongled?

(Y)

585084739[/snapback]

Shpongle is mostly Ambient (which is still cool and i love it)

Nothing like coming home with my gf, putting some ambient, a candle or two and... well yeah i won't draw ya a picture ;)

Of those above, rap..

It's not like there's never any good music to find in that genre, but I find it worst of the ones above, because for some reason this genre seems to attract people with no musical skills. They can rhyme sometimes though. But maybe they should get into the poetry business instead, then. There they can rhyme as much as they want without inflicting emotional pain to the listeners for lack of musical skills. However, the worst ones of rap is those that think they're cool because they use the right words and moves, but aren't. :p

Yeah, last night I had Brian Eno's music for airports playing when my girl came over. Ambient music is nice for dates I've found.

X-byte. No it doesn't. Just because the only thing you've cared to judge rap by is a few mainstream 'artists' on MTV doesn't mean your assumptions are good. Go download a Grandmaster Flash or Public Enemy video.

It's fine to not like a style. I don't like vector art to much, just as I can imagine plenty of people don't enjoy the style of Death Metal. It's a differnet thing to say the whole genre sucks, the bands have no talent, Death metal isn't music (When it follows the definition of music) and so forth.

There's some greatness in all genres of music! Rap has the least, I must sadly say, though. :( However, the greatness can usually only be found outside of the manufactured "music" in the mainstream.... ;)

X-byte.  No it doesn't.  Just because the only thing you've cared to judge rap by is a few mainstream 'artists' on MTV doesn't mean your assumptions are good.  Go download a Grandmaster Flash or Public Enemy video.

585085086[/snapback]

Ohh.. yes it does.. And I haven't just seen MTV that channel sucks.. just comercials. No I'm not interrested on having rap on my hdd.

• 1 month later...

I do not like rap, hip-hop, or R&B. They should just take all 3 of those "genres" and put them into one. They sound almost identical anyway. They create words just for the sake of rhyming, lazy ******s.

In order of disgust;

- Rap

- Hip Hop

- R&B

- Techno

- Trance

- Pop

- Emo (My Chemical Romance, Saosin, Story of the Year, Taking Back Sunday etc. You get the picture)

- Country

There are good and bad artists in every genre.

And nothing is more idiotic than a person hating rap because he happens to like rock.

585443042[/snapback]

Very true. I used to dislike rap... And then I actually listened to some of the songs :p... I mean, there are a lot of songs that I dislike in rap, but there are those that are pretty good. I like the music mainly, but sometimes the lyrics are what turn me off. That's just the way it goes.