How much will PSP cost $$$?

I plan on getting a Nintedo PSP it for Christmas and was wondering the price for it. :) I saw it say $195 somewhere but got to make sure that's the right price.

Also, It's coming out Dec 12, 2004, correct?

Thanks,

Xen

I plan on getting a Nintedo PSP it for Christmas and was wondering the price for it. :) I saw it say $195 somewhere but got to make sure that's the right price.

Thanks,

Xen

585053520[/snapback]

The Sony PSP comes out the 12th in Japan only.

the psp costs approximately 200 dollars (194 dollars to be exact, or 20,790 yen) in japan (for the base one), so that's what the assumed pricepoint will be for the stateside release

last night I was talking to a friend and he was all excited and couldn't wait til grand turshamo 4 was gonna be released.

he is an Xbox Owner, he thought it was coming out for xbox also on the same day

I just looked at him and laughed

PSP will cost around 199.99$ but you will also need a memory stick and probably a protective case for the exposed lcd, and extra set of batteries because of bad battery performance and don't forget you also need to buy a single game. So in all, you probably will spend around 300$+

For North America and Europe, it seems the date is around spring, everyone seems to lean on march 2005.

In Japan, it will be released Dec 12 2004.

That's why you get the value pack, for the Memory Stick Duo, soft case, headphones, etc. And you don't need to buy an extra set of batteries unless you are someone who whinges about battery life.

That's why you get the value pack, for the Memory Stick Duo, soft case, headphones, etc. And you don't need to buy an extra set of batteries unless you are someone who whinges about battery life.

585055239[/snapback]

Value pack isn't much of a bargain, since the price of such accessories are part of the price. And with low supply of PSPs, i doubt anyone will have the choice to decide which PSP bundle they wish.

and seeing as the majority of the systems released on the 12th will be the value pack...

there had best be a free umb demo disk or something in it too...

will post screenies on the 12th..

and seeing as the majority of the systems released on the 12th will be the value pack...

there had best be a free umb demo disk or something in it too...

will post screenies on the 12th..

585055827[/snapback]

The demo disc only contains movies. no playable games.

Value pack isn't much of a bargain, since the price of such accessories are part of the price. And with low supply of PSPs, i doubt anyone will have the choice to decide which PSP bundle they wish.

585055596[/snapback]

It seems okay as you do save a bit of money buying it, especially over here, where a 32MB Memory Stick Duo $50 alone. 256MB Duo's are less than double the price though, so they are much better value. Infact, it'd probably be better to just buy a PSP on it's own and a 256MB Duo when they arive here in March or so.

The demo disc only contains movies. no playable games.

The US/Europe one would most likely include a couple of playable games though, since developers wouldn't of had time to prepare a demo for the Japanese launch.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks,

Xen

585053520[/snapback]

$195 sounds about right, but What I really want is a Sony DS.

I'd say we're looking at $149-$179 for an opening price as to be competetive with the DS. Games, $35-$40, I'd say. Release date? Late February, early March is what I've been hearing.

But yeah, we should be hearing the official word from Sony sometime tomorrow.

I'd say we're looking at $149-$179 for an opening price as to be competetive with the DS. Games, $35-$40, I'd say. Release date? Late February, early March is what I've been hearing.

But yeah, we should be hearing the official word from Sony sometime tomorrow.

585233799[/snapback]

149? not that low, I guarantee you...but your range looks good. I personally would say 190-200 for regular. Games? 40-50$

Release? march