Windows 2003 R2

I downloaded R2 all good and fine, but still downloading damn SP1 rofl. lol, well I've burnt WinSrv 03 CD and backed up all files that were on that partition, so when Sp1 is done, I am ready to go :D

Which file was the wrong file?:oo Because I downloaded after it was just released:unsure::

585079637[/snapback]

Proably 2003 SP1 for X86 ;)) , but we still waiting for reply on newsgroup .

When Wendy wrote this

This file was a mis-prop, please do not use.? The correct file is now up on

BetaPlace.

Your keys will not work with this build.

we talk about how mount IMG file:whistle:e: . All other release have ISO file only 2003 SP1 for x86 have IMG (WSO3SP1 RC1 1289 E3 EN.img)

Anyone got Active Directory federation services up and running and what do you think of it ? and is the SAN management feature any good ?

585079767[/snapback]

Don't think anyone has installed it yet as we're still all waiting on our keys

^ ^ Rofl, you need to be in the Windows Server 2003 R2 beta to get it and keys lol.

What do you think I was talking about, flogging sheep or something? And what do you mean by good beta tester, I dont think they know the difference. I have finished all of my surveys tho.

Thank you for your interest in the Microsoft? Windows Server? "R2" Beta program. At this time we have filled our available openings for the upcoming testing cycle. If you are interested in being considered for future test openings on the "R2" beta, please complete the nomination survey located in the left-hand pane. Interested applicants will receive additional information in Spring 2005./i>

Damn. What is R2 anyways, I know what SP1 is, but what is R2?

Thank you for your interest in the Microsoft? Windows Server? "R2" Beta program.? At this time we have filled our available openings for the upcoming testing cycle.? If you are interested in being considered for future test openings on the "R2" beta, please complete the nomination survey located in the left-hand pane.? Interested applicants will receive additional information in Spring 2005.5.

Damn. What is R2 anyways, I know what SP1 is, but what is R2?

585080128[/snapback]

Its Server 2003 SP1 with all the out of band updates released such as Sharepoint, ADAM etc

Ok there is new 2003 SP1 X86 version :sleep:

Old = WSO3SP1_RC1_1289_E3_EN.img

New = w2k3sp1_1289_usa_x86fre_ads.iso

Need to download it again :crazy:

post-54974-1102721815_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mace

Ok so you guys wanted to know, I consider myself lucky getting what wendy called the "wrong iso". The IMG file was an iso but it was the internal core build for R2 CD1. Basically its a corp cd with no activation and has a 360 day timebomb (which is easily fixed but i don't think i need to tell u how).