Windows 2003 R2

I'm in the beta testing for R2, Currently haven't gotten around to testing out the product fully at work yet(Busy workload atm)Tho we've got a box installed with it ready for us to use and abuse and see if any of its new features are useful to us.

Once thing we did notice(and found funny) was that the "Configure your server" welcome screen was "blocked" by the Windows firewall(The same one from Windows XPSP2), Anyone else had this?

Looking forward to next week when we intend to give it a proper test, since the students will all be on there winter breaks, tho again we may not have time since we're having a new IT sutie built :D

I'm in the beta testing for R2, Currently haven't gotten around to testing out the product fully at work yet(Busy workload atm)Tho we've got a box installed with it ready for us to use and abuse and see if any of its new features are useful to us.

Once thing we did notice(and found funny) was that the "Configure your server" welcome screen was "blocked" by the Windows firewall(The same one from Windows XPSP2), Anyone else had this?

Looking forward to next week when we intend to give it a proper test, since the students will all be on there winter breaks, tho again we may not have time since we're having a new IT sutie built :D

585112491[/snapback]

actually you might want to bug that firewall issue, it didn't happen here. but you should probably be discussing those issues in the newsgroups

actually you might want to bug that firewall issue, it didn't happen here. but you should probably be discussing those issues in the newsgroups

585113680[/snapback]

Yeah, I Intend to reinstall it on another box with the same spec and attempt to recreate it. If it occurs again I'll bug it

Sorry are we meant to be impressed or what is your point?

585115741[/snapback]

No radick, I wasn't trying to impress anybody. Anway, a friend sent this to me, I don't know if its real, but it sure looks nice.

post-25934-1103328056_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr. Dee

No radick, I wasn't trying to impress anybody. Anway, a friend sent this to me, I don't know if its real, but it sure looks nice.

post-25934-1103328056_thumb.jpg

585119259[/snapback]

Haha, when Longhorn meets Mattel.

• 2 weeks later...

gotta say thats fing ULGY its just what an xp user would want a fisher price"my first pc" looking POS if they put that in windows i will just stick to what im using and mess with linux on the side ;)

Mr Dee, you should keep what your friend sends to you safely in your My Documents folder. It avoids a lot of things:

Humiliation

Getting Flamed

Getting topics locked

I'm still trying to figure out what that screenshot has to do with Windows 2003 R2. Doesn't belong in this thread at all :no:

585170531[/snapback]

Yeah, the first one yes showed that he talks to other people at OSBetaArchive (wow, hes so cool), and the 2nd doesn't show anything interesting or realted :no:

Yeah, the first one yes showed that he talks to other people at OSBetaArchive (wow, hes so cool), and the 2nd doesn't show anything interesting or realted :no:

585172459[/snapback]

Wait a minute, did I cause some conflict because I posted something from OS Beta Archive?

All I did was post a screenshot of the OS, whats wrong with that? I asked for one, no one wouldn't show me, so I decided to go find one and share the joy. Is there a penalty on NeoWin for doing that?

If so, I will understand that its disrespectful to show something from another site, sorry. I just posted the Longhorn concept randomly, no specific reason, just posted it in this thread, sorry.

Mr. Creamhackered, I'm not that easily humilated, not because someone said its ugly, thats their opinion. Why do you think Microsoft has something called beta testing? Its for user feedback on things like what Mr. PF has found a fault with.

Concerning my Longhorn 5029 post being locked Mr. Creamhackered, no prob, yes it was created by me. But to be honest, that is what Longhorn will eventually look like, have you not seen the presentation by Hillel Cooperman, thats what the Start Menu really looks like, look at the composite desktop here on Paul Thurrotts Winsupersite:

http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/pdc2003_hillel.asp

What you have seen so far in the 4053 and 4074 builds of Longhorn are actually place holder themes, so, I just decided to have some fun create something close to what might actually be in Longhorn betas 1 or 2.

Anyway, Happy New Year when it comes, lets all live in peace.

Wait a minute, did I cause some conflict because I posted something from OS Beta Archive?

All I did was post a screenshot of the OS, whats wrong with that? I asked for one, no one wouldn't show me, so I decided to go find one and share the joy. Is there a penalty on NeoWin for doing that?

If so, I will understand that its disrespectful to show something from another site, sorry. I just posted the Longhorn concept randomly, no specific reason, just posted it in this thread, sorry.

Mr. Creamhackered, I'm not that easily humilated, not because someone said its ugly, thats their opinion. Why do you think Microsoft has something called beta testing? Its for user feedback on things like what Mr. PF has found a fault with.

Concerning my Longhorn 5029 post being locked Mr. Creamhackered, no prob, yes it was created by me. But to be honest, that is what Longhorn will eventually look like, have you not seen the presentation by Hillel Cooperman, thats what the Start Menu really looks like, look at the composite desktop here on Paul Thurrotts Winsupersite:

What you have seen so far in the 4053 and 4074 builds of Longhorn are actually place holder themes, so, I just decided to have some fun create something close to what might actually be in Longhorn betas 1 or 2.

Anyway, Happy New Year when it comes, lets all live in peace.

585172591[/snapback]

Haha, wow - now that was a very good laugh. You're almost catching up to gcnaddict's level of stupidity.

Oh wait, atleast GCN makes some OK DWM skins, you're just a random, useless persona posting fake mattel-like and just plain down ugly looking Longhorn fakes in a Server 2003 R2 thread.

Congrats.

Haha, wow - now that was a very good laugh. You're almost catching up to gcnaddict's level of stupidity.

Oh wait, atleast GCN makes some OK DWM skins, you're just a random, useless persona posting fake mattel-like and just plain down ugly looking Longhorn fakes in a Server 2003 R2 thread.

Congrats.

585172977[/snapback]

CPU Killer, I don't understand? I apologized, the post I made was a long time, but now you decide to call me stupid, random useless persona? I will just say it again, sorry.

CPU Killer, I don't understand? I apologized, the post I made was a long time, but now you decide to call me stupid, random useless persona? I will just say it again, sorry.

585173126[/snapback]

Well didn't quite catch an apaology in there, but sure :).

Anyways - happy new year to you too, and lets all just get along :).

have you not seen the presentation by Hillel Cooperman, thats what the Start Menu really looks like, look at the composite desktop here on Paul Thurrotts Winsupersite:

585172591[/snapback]

But there wont be a "start menu" per say when lh is finalised, not to mention that the demo was made with macromedia director.

:ninja:

post-24166-1104177203.png