[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

Desperate? Not quite, I'm buying it for the same reason I bought the DS at launch; the GC, Xbox and PS2 at launch; the N64, PSone, SNES, MD at launch. See the pattern? They're just toys, it's the same reason I waste money on stuff like TFTs, DiNovos, iPods. Other people fish, others read books, my hobby would be buying overpriced geek toys asap.

Desperate? Not quite, I'm buying it for the same reason I bought the DS at launch; the GC, Xbox and PS2 at launch; the N64, PSone, SNES, MD at launch. See the pattern? They're just toys, it's the same reason I waste money on stuff like TFTs, DiNovos, iPods. Other people fish, others read books, my hobby would be buying overpriced geek toys asap.

585129142[/snapback]

haha i'm the same way...right on! :happy:

585129142[/snapback]

I'm jealous as all hell! :devil: What do you do for a living, that lets you spend that much on gadgets?

And just a guess, but you're not married are you? My wife would kill me if I spent money like that!

I officially worship at the Altar of Dazzla! :innocent: We are not worthy!

(Now, about buying me one of these PSPs...! :whistle: )

by current rates and japanese street price:

unit itself: 19800 yen = 232.55 cad

value pack: 24800 yen = 291.27 cad

games: 4800 yen = 56.37 cad

should be around this level.

585126229[/snapback]

ooh not bad not bad :woot:

about the wifi function on the psp, is it the like internet wifi or just low range wireless connectivity between psps. It would be awesome if i can play my psp vs anybody.

585130381[/snapback]

It's a standard wifi chip, probably not long range or anything for battery life reasons, but yes games can go online.

theres a setting (if im not mistaken) on the psp that allows you to set the range/power of the wifi

585130841[/snapback]

i'll check it when I get home and let you know...

I'm jealous as all hell! :devil:  What do you do for a living, that lets you spend that much on gadgets?

And just a guess, but you're not married are you? My wife would kill me if I spent money like that!

I officially worship at the Altar of Dazzla! :innocent: We are not worthy!

(Now, about buying me one of these PSPs...! :whistle: )

585130061[/snapback]

That's the thing, I'm not married, I've got expendable cash, why not? :woot:

It's officially arrived in the UK :|

Dec 19, 2004 22:59:11 GB EAST MIDLANDS AIRPOR IMPORT SCAN

:| All going well I should get it today :woot: :woot:

That's the thing, I'm not married, I've got expendable cash, why not? :woot:

It's officially arrived in the UK :|

Dec 19, 2004    22:59:11    GB  EAST MIDLANDS AIRPOR    IMPORT SCAN

:| All going well I should get it today :woot:  :woot:

585132302[/snapback]

I'm married...but I just buy stuff anyway... :ninja:

beside's, my wife is so understanding, especially after I let her buy a sewing machine worth a small fortune... :yes:

theres a setting (if im not mistaken) on the psp that allows you to set the range/power of the wifi

585130841[/snapback]

only a powersave mode from what I can find on mine....

It arrived this morning at 11AM :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

4:30 can't come soon enough!!!

aren't you feeling a little sick today??? :x

heheh i just picked up a 512MB memory stick...now i'm goign to recode my Invader Zim for that mem card....woohoo! :laugh:

and wow a 1.45G movie to 300MB....i'm impressed....

ok so im a bit new to what this system uses,

Games - UMD ????

Movies - memory stick and/or UMD?

Music - memory stick?

Pictures - memory stick????

Also what kind of memory stick is ita special one you need to buy or just any sony memory stick will do?

It arrived this morning at 11AM :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

4:30 can't come soon enough!!!

585133596[/snapback]

Have fun, give it a good twist for me :p

Holy **** this thing is so damn nice!!!

Played some MP3s, some movies, some Ridge Racers. My god this thing is so hot!!!!

No dead pixels, no dust under the screen, no squeeky keys, nothing! Talk about lucky!!!!!

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Photos, movies, impression all to come, I'm off!

Holy **** this thing is so damn nice!!!

Played some MP3s, some movies, some Ridge Racers. My god this thing is so hot!!!!

No dead pixels, no dust under the screen, no squeeky keys, nothing! Talk about lucky!!!!!

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Photos, movies, impression all to come, I'm off!

585135141[/snapback]

I should definitely get a job so I can buy all those things too... :p

still no definitive word on a europe release? I'm not going to import it, but definitely going to buy one... not matter whatcost ^_^ Dazzla convinced me :rolleyes:

585129142[/snapback]

good for you i say... if i could i would as well :D

First little snippet, I can't seem to get it to accept .m3u files, and it can't see music in folders more tan 1 directory deep. e.g. it'll see Album\song.mp3 but not Artist\Album\song.mp3. As a workaround I've used "\Artist - Album\song.mp3".

Dammit why does the U.S. release have to be in March?!? I have $390 in E.B. Games cards saved up for one :D

dazzla, is the battery easily removable? I'm probably going to buy a spare just in case.

It's extremely easy to remove, you unclip the cover and pop it out :D No danger of it falling out either. This seriously is a colid piece of kit, I was worried after reading all the defect threads but this is solid.

Messing around with movies now, only like 29.97fps movies (NTSC), 4 viewing modes, Original, Normal, Zoom and Full Screen. For 16:9 encoded stuff Full Screen is ****ing amazing, for 4:3 Zoom is a good option.