[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

2:14 of Ridge Racers from 50% charge. Headphones, Max Brightness. You can extrapolate between 4-5 hours of Ridge Racers on a full charge, not half bad. The game is so damn nice as well, I'm using the little Analogue disc to steer, it's quality!

2:14 of Ridge Racers from 50% charge. Headphones, Max Brightness. You can extrapolate between 4-5 hours of Ridge Racers on a full charge, not half bad. The game is so damn nice as well, I'm using the little Analogue disc to steer, it's quality!

585135973[/snapback]

I'd like to get one... they look so darn nice. :cry: Stupid school and it costing a lot of money. :pinch:

The first thing it asks is what language do you want the OS in, Japanese or English, then from there you have other options. You set stuff like Date, Time etc straight away as well.

Sound quality is also very, very good. I encoded some MP3s and dropped the bitrate down thinking "well, I can't imagine MP3 playback will be that impressive". How wrong I was, I had some on there encoded at 256 and some at 112, goddamn the difference is like Day and Night! Headphones are good as well, haven't tried the remote. The MP3 section also picks up album art :happy:

I've taken lots of pics. And lots of movies or me navigating menus and instigating movie playback from the MS but I want to familiarise myself with it all first, have a proper play then I'll write up a review :D

Now, back to Ridge...

I am getting mine within the next 10 days....what sucks is that Ridge Racers arrived today, and I am reduced to drooling as I look at the box and the pics online. Dazzla...is it really as good as it looks?

Come on guys, let Dazzla be, there are pictures at the beginning of this thread, I can guarantee that his looks identical, go drool over those ;)

the craze has begun again. im dimming down my craze for psp, cause it aint gona released for long time and i aint got the money to buy one atm. daanngg dazzla daammnn youu

I've taken a few photos, I'll post a few small ones for now. I'm gonna carry on playing so there won't be a full review with HQ ics and movies for a few days at least.

The screen quality is in a different league. This is the DS at it's brightest and the PSP at 50% brightness, it goes to 75% and 100% then when it's running on AC there's an even brighter mode :s really puts the DS screens to shame.

It's a sight to behold and no internet pictures can do the machine justice.

post-2629-1103579579_thumb.jpg

post-2629-1103579600_thumb.jpg

post-2629-1103579676_thumb.jpg

Gotta take some pics in the day, my lights are cra and the flash ruins the picture, I think Friday will be my photo day, half day at work :D I'll buy a tripod for the camera as well for taking movies.

damn i am so getting one of these bad boys from Japan, but I am waiting for a certain online store to get them back in stock :D $308 for the Value Pack, awsome price :D

Just hope the wait aint too long :)

One annoying thing I've noticed, the hold switch and power switch are combined.

It goes in 2 directions, slide up once and it goes into sleep, slide up and keep it there and it turns off, slide down and it stays there and it's on hold. The rest of the time it sits in the middle.

Well, this is fine until it's in hold and you wanna switch it back, so far I've had a tendancy to move from hold and ram it all the way up into sleep. Perhaps it's just something I've gotta get used to.

Couple more pics and I'm off to bed, here's another of the Movie menu, each movie has a thumbnail assigned to it (which you can customise, they're just renamed .jpgs), looks pretty cool:

post-2629-1103582348_thumb.jpg

The other feature I like is whilst watching a movie, you can hit select and it'll jump back to the menu and the video will pause in the background, so you can navigate the menus whilst still seeing what was playing (albeit paused). Looks very cool:

post-2629-1103582372_thumb.jpg

ID3 information in the MP3 player:

post-2629-1103582978_thumb.jpg

I've gotta stress though no pictures can do this thing justice, I'm just blown away.

I've taken a few photos, I'll post a few small ones for now. I'm gonna carry on playing so there won't be a full review with HQ ics and movies for a few days at least.

The screen quality is in a different league. This is the DS at it's brightest and the PSP at 50% brightness, it goes to 75% and 100% then when it's running on AC there's an even brighter mode :s really puts the DS screens to shame.

It's a sight to behold and no internet pictures can do the machine justice.

585136621[/snapback]

speaking of vidz Dazzla....are those subs in that anime of yours hard coded did you figure out a way to make IC2 code them in to the file? I'd love to figure out how to hard code subs in to G@me for my trip on Thursday

ok we got the pics now we need VIDS, is it possible for you to show us the movie playback in action? PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

585137520[/snapback]

i can say that the video playback for such a small screen is quite good...especially if the source before conversion was of high quality...think of it as a mini-lcd dvd player...

i'll try to do some vids tonight, but I need to find some hosting...