[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

Hey Daz...

Love the review..

But my problem is, should i buy now from Play Asia, or wait till UK release??

Better still can I wait??

hmmm :happy:

I've been visiting my local NatWest...

There is a pile of cash in my hands...

:blink: Decisions, Decisions..

P.S. A big thank you to my wife for the ipod photo 60GB this Xmas...

Swwwwwweeet..

I'd definitely not buy now, it's a waste really. Within the first fortnight of January the price will radically drop. You'll be able to pick it up for less than ?200 so it's not worth importing right now. Whether you want to wait for the UK release is a different matter. I'm glad I imported as opposed to waiting until March just because it's a sexy bit of kit. But there's the possibility there'll be updated firmware, and the (extremely remote) possiblity of regional issues.

Wel, on my memory stick at the moment I've got all of Lou and Andy from Little Britain Series 1 (20 minutes), Stargate SG1 8x12 (42 minutes), a chapter from Finding Nemo (1 Minute), Garden State (102 minutes) and 21 MP3s (115.2mb).

I've got less than a mb left so I'll have to delete a song or 2 to make way for save games.just to be safe. A 1GB card couldn't come sooner for me.

585151715[/snapback]

hi ive been hooked onto my sony psp for days and its been so addictive but im stuck. how do i watch mpeg4 files on my psp. i formated the mem stick and i get folders in the memory card, these are photo, music, game and savedata but i dont get the video folder in it. can you please get back and give me a quick guidline on how to do this.

wot would be better is if u can email me instead

suleman666@hotmail.com

thanks

By the way Daz, where did you pick up the 512MB memory stick for ?49.99?

The cheapest I have seen for the Sandisk 512MB is ?58.40

Cheers

585166647[/snapback]

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...3859873240&rd=1

hi ive been hooked onto my sony psp for days and its been so addictive but im stuck. how do i watch mpeg4 files on my psp. i formated the mem stick and i get folders in the memory card, these are photo, music, game and savedata but i dont get the video folder in it. can you please get back and give me a quick guidline on how to do this.

wot would be better is if u can email me instead

suleman666@hotmail.com

thanks

585170782[/snapback]

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000980024404/

By the way Daz, where did you pick up the 512MB memory stick for ?49.99?

The cheapest I have seen for the Sandisk 512MB is ?58.40

Cheers

585166647[/snapback]

amazon also had 1Gigs for about $150...

also, not everyone gets the demo disk...only select stores in Japan as well as those who bought from sony direct got them....

most of us (me) didn't get one.....and nothing with my ds either...:angry:y:

I'd definitely not buy now, it's a waste really. Within the first fortnight of January the price will radically drop. You'll be able to pick it up for less than ?200 so it's not worth importing right now. Whether you want to wait for the UK release is a different matter. I'm glad I imported as opposed to waiting until March just because it's a sexy bit of kit. But there's the possibility there'll be updated firmware, andthe (extremely remote) possiblity of regional issues.>

585166330[/snapback]

As I understand it, all games will be able to play on all PSP systems, regardless of region. However, movies released on UMD will only play in that region's version of a PSP. For example, if you boughtFinal Fantasy VII: Advent Children> in Japan, it would only play on a Japanese PSP. However, one thing about this that confuses me: would it only play on a Japanese PSP, or would it only play on a Region 2 PSP? IIRC, the UK is Region 2 as well, and with it being a handheld system, I don't believe there should be any PAL/NTSC problems. Therefore, theoretically speaking, it should play on a UK PSP, assuming that the lockout codes correspond to the DVD-defined regions and not the locales of the systems.

That's my understanding as well but we'll never know 110% until US and UK PSPs are out. Oh, and the PSP box has Region 2 on it, so I imagine it'll follow the DVD region structure so us UK'ers should be ok either way.

alrighty then, I'll be hitting odabashi camera to get a PSP and a MS for myself, I'll check the prices of a 1GB, and I'll post in this thread. Shouldn't be too long, since my fiance told me that there are free internet kiosks all around Tokyo.

Cool, have fun. It's one of my ambitions to go to Japan, I'm so amazingly jealous of you right now :cry:

585178012[/snapback]

You most definitely should. I lived there for a year back in high school (exchange student), and it was the GREATEST thing I've ever done!

Make sure you go to Osaka; it owns Tokyo in every way, shape, and form! :D

You most definitely should. I lived there for a year back in high school (exchange student), and it was the GREATEST thing I've ever done!

Make sure you go to Osaka; it owns Tokyo in every way, shape, and form! :D

585178303[/snapback]

hell yeah! Osaka is way better than Tokyo and people is nicer that the ones from Tokyo... :happy:

can i go to the store and preorder it there and then have them mail it to my house?

585180234[/snapback]

Uh, I doubt it. Why can't you just go to the store and pick it up when it comes in?