[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

someone had to back out, since I can't take paypal. (2-3 spots left) If the spots aren't filled I'll sell them on ebay (as Alpha kindly suggested)

I really want to just ship to the UK, since I checked the UPS's cheapest shipping rate and it is 70 dollars.

One game, a PSP and shipping comes to 321 dollars. I just dont want to be held liable for international deliveries.

At least if I ship to the UK (where I live), people can come pick it up, or I can send it over for a fairly cheap postal cost.

585185091[/snapback]

lol I did...

Are you having a hard time reading?

...I really want to just ship to the UK, since I checked the UPS's cheapest shipping rate and it is 70 dollars.

One game, a PSP and shipping comes to 321 dollars. I just dont want to be held liable for international deliveries....

585185091[/snapback]

That's the third time the info has been posted now...

Like the DS it depends on the game. On the DS it's called Download Play, on the PSP it's called Game Sharing.

585188363[/snapback]

Stop decieving people, dazzla. It is only Nintendo DS that is able to play multiplayer games with several other DS'es with 1 cartridge in hand.

PSP DOES NOT HAVE THIS FEATURE.

Yes, there is a feature called "game sharing" on Sony PSP, but it is not the same feature as Nintendo DS. Do not be decieved.

With PSP it's "game sharing" is only to trade savegame files with others who have the same game and to trade some files with PSP and PS2 like the GBA advanced linker for GC.

NO CURRENT PSP GAME SUPPORTS "GAME SHARING" FEATURE

http://psp.ign.com/articles/572/572337p1.html

http://news.spong.com/detail/news.asp?prid=6269

i hate it when I cant edit my old posts...

Anyway,

Seems like a standard PSP and three games (lumines, golf, and Ridge Racers) should be around 200 pounds.

(if not less)

I think Ill only be able to help 5 people, because I dont want to be stopped at the airport with a huge amound of PSP's.

Two people have already 'booked' two spots. Three spots left.

@Dazzla, I've asked Aiko to check how much 1GB memory sticks are. When she emails me back I'll let you know.

585182228[/snapback]

me me me! :woot:

Are you having a hard time reading?

That's the third time the info has been posted now...

585190853[/snapback]

ill pay the 100 dollars shipping. i dont care!! whats wrong with americans?

Stop decieving people, dazzla.  It is only Nintendo DS that is able to play multiplayer games with several other DS'es with 1 cartridge in hand.

PSP DOES NOT HAVE THIS FEATURE.

Yes, there is a feature called "game sharing" on Sony PSP, but it is not the same feature as Nintendo DS. Do not be decieved.

With PSP it's "game sharing" is only to trade savegame files with others who have the same game and to trade some files with PSP and PS2 like the GBA advanced linker for GC.

NO CURRENT PSP GAME SUPPORTS "GAME SHARING" FEATURE

http://psp.ign.com/articles/572/572337p1.html

http://news.spong.com/detail/news.asp?prid=6269

585190962[/snapback]

****, excuse me for reading the Japanese manual wrong :blink: :blink: that's what you get when you read the ****ing pictures.

Consider me wrong, I wasn't decieving anyone, I was just trying to make out the manual (which I seem to have lost :s ), no download play for PSP. Not that we know what Game Sharing is though...

****, excuse me for reading the Japanese manual wrong :blink:  :blink: that's what you get when you read the ****ing pictures.

Consider me wrong, I wasn't decieving anyone, I was just trying to make out the manual (which I seem to have lost :s ), no download play for PSP. Not that we know what Game Sharing is though...

585191108[/snapback]

Dont suppose you'd mind giving some advice to a uk gamer looking to buying a PSP?

I'm looking at getting a PSP + 2 Games + Memory Stick.

What games do you recomend for people that dont speak Japanese? Do some have any english dialogue?

ok everyone look, I've taken alot of orders (and i'm getting like 10 pounds profit only from each)

I've decided to leave it up to ebay.

The NEOBAY will have the links up (one is up now)

For US buyers, all I know is that via UPS it's 70 dollars minimum for 5 day delivery. I'll deliver if I can't be held liable.

I hope I can help some people and before mailing me, or bidding please make sure 100% that you want one! I've had 4 people asking and backing down and 3 sticking with their plan.

I hope everyone can understand that its a huge responsibility and I want to help people, just not put alot of stress on my head.

Dont suppose you'd mind giving some advice to a uk gamer looking to buying a PSP?

I'm looking at getting a PSP + 2 Games + Memory Stick.

What games do you recomend for people that dont speak Japanese? Do some have any english dialogue?

585191365[/snapback]

Ridge Racers and Lumines seem to be the best choices at the moment. Ridge Racers is about 90% english, the other 10% is guessable and the more you play the more you get used to it. Lumines has more english in it then Ridge.

Sony PSP Update: First Price Drop (Value Pack $439 / ?322 and Standard Pack $379 / ?278)

Click

I'll wait just a little bit longer...

585189740[/snapback]

So the UK version is out? If it is, could anyone tell me if it will be compatible with American Games, if it is, I have enough, I am going to buy it.

Ridge Racers and Lumines seem to be the best choices at the moment. Ridge Racers is about 90% english, the other 10% is guessable and the more you play the more you get used to it. Lumines has more english in it then Ridge.

585191693[/snapback]

just in case you're interested...

Metal Gear Acid is apparently very english orientated.

just in case you're interested...

Metal Gear Acid is apparently very english orientated.

585192840[/snapback]

I've heardthe ENTIRE dialog in MGA is Japanese... :yes: but the menu's are english

I've heardthe ENTIRE dialog in MGA is Japanese... :yes: but the menu's are english

585192860[/snapback]

The text on the cards is mostly jap...so its useless unless you can read em

The only *safe* game to get is Ridge Racers (imo), and thankfully it rocks.

The text on the cards is mostly jap...so its useless unless you can read em

The only *safe* game to get is Ridge Racers (imo), and thankfully it rocks.

585192960[/snapback]

well as mentioned before, lumines is also quite english orientated...

as for MGA, I do already own this game and yes it is VERY J-orientated....if you are willing to give it a go an dnot understand the story, then most of it is fairly easy to pick up...although it does help to have a little ability in J and a J wife who is fluent.... :p

when I return back to Japan next week, I plan to pick up dynasty warrior SE that comes with a much better carrying case than originally came with the psp...I also plan to pick up one of the AI series and something else...

and as for a battery update....using the system with lumination on low, vol on low and alternating between RR, Lumines, MGA, and watching some vids off the memory card, the battery lasted about 6.5 hours before I had to swap it... :D

I've been reading up a lot on MGA, and watching as many videos as I could find, as I can't read a word of Japanese. From the looks of things, I won't be able to understand the story, but it looks like actual gameplay shouldn't be a problem.

Sony has posted a public apology in its website, to apologize for the shortage of PlayStation Portable in Japan. Sony mentioned they will try their best to ship out additional PSP units to the market.

Anyone saw this apology letter? Couldn't find it on their website.

You obviously didn't look hard enough, I found it within 30 seconds:

http://www.playstation.jp/news/2004/041229_psp.html

Here's the nasty translation from Babel:

Apology

- Concerning the shortage of goods "of PSP" "place t Shaun portable" -

Corporation SONY computer entertainment

2004 December 29th

Usually this corporation product patronage receiving, thank you for truly.

2004 December 12th (day) it sold "PSP" "place t Shaun portable" from the customer very much we have received favorable comment, appreciation you say deeply.

At this corporation, in order that it parallels to the expectation from the customer, every week we continue the shipment of the commodity, but state of shortage of goods is continued as still.

In order that "PSP" moment the commodity is delivered to the customer whom waiting it has received, quickly in the pleasure, we exhaust all power, but we apologize the fact that we have done to apply great annoyance from heart.

It grants no soldier/finishing understanding, continues and regular use that it can receive this corporation product, it asks may.

More and more I am convinced PSP will probably launch late april/may in US or even worse, not at all in 2005.

This is one bad launch and if they can't supply their own territory, I don't know how they will be able to worldwide.

Just my opinion.

Lmao, "not in 2005". You're a funny, funny guy.

Anyway, quick impressions on Lumines then I'm off to drown myself in it.

1. The music ****ing rocks. I love this ****, hooked the PSP up to my 680s and whacked up that volume :woot:

2. I can see this becoming extremely addictive. Even the difference between the first and second go you can start to see strategies, ways to build combos. This is gonna get a lot of playtime.

Picture

Apology

- Concerning the shortage of goods "of PSP" "place t Shaun portable" -

Corporation SONY computer entertainment

2004 December 29th

Usually this corporation product patronage receiving, thank you for truly.

2004 December 12th (day) it sold "PSP" "place t Shaun portable" from the customer very much we have received favorable comment, appreciation you say deeply.

At this corporation, in order that it parallels to the expectation from the customer, every week we continue the shipment of the commodity, but state of shortage of goods is continued as still.

In order that "PSP" moment the commodity is delivered to the customer whom waiting it has received, quickly in the pleasure, we exhaust all power, but we apologize the fact that we have done to apply great annoyance from heart.

It grants no soldier/finishing understanding, continues and regular use that it can receive this corporation product, it asks may.

it sounds like something Avid Merrion would say :woot:

"thank you for truly" "appreciation you say deeply" :D

Lmao, "not in 2005". You're a funny, funny guy.

Anyway, quick impressions on Lumines then I'm off to drown myself in it.

1. The music ****ing rocks. I love this ****, hooked the PSP up to my 680s and whacked up that volume :woot:

2. I can see this becoming extremely addictive. Even the difference between the first and second go you can start to see strategies, ways to build combos. This is gonna get a lot of playtime.

Picture

585198306[/snapback]

Lumines is a good attempt for a polished puzzle game for PSP, but i still believe it hinders gameplay with PSP's wide screen, it's kind of odd that the blocks come from the side and you don't seem to have much space to maneuver your blocks.

You should try playing your psp games with xlink and see how good the multiplay is.

The creators of lumines are also making a new puzzle game for DS aswell which I find intriguing and fits perfectly well with the way DS screens are setup. It's called planet meteos.

Lumines is a good attempt for a polished puzzle game for PSP, but i still believe it hinders gameplay with PSP's wide screen, it's kind of odd that the blocks come from the side and you don't seem to have much space to maneuver your blocks.

You should try playing your psp games with xlink and see how good the multiplay is.

The creators of lumines are also making a new puzzle game for DS aswell which I find intriguing and fits perfectly well with the way DS screens are setup. It's called planet meteos.

585198640[/snapback]

Blocks come from the side? No they don't, blocks come from the top and the playfield stretches all the way across the screen.