[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

Blocks come from the side? No they don't, blocks come from the top and the playfield stretches all the way across the screen.

585198724[/snapback]

I meant you can see what block is next in the side cue preview (makes game easier). Btw, do the blocks drop faster as you progress in levels, or they drop the same rate in all levels? What difference is there in new theme levels? Is just asthetics or some rules change or open new modes of play? The game seems to be a bit easy.

I got mr driller for DS, and finished it in 1 and half day which was dissapointing, what's wrong with games these days, they so easy to complete. I don't need time wasters, i want a challenge.

There aren't levels as such, in challenge mode it starts off with a particular skin (aka colour scheme, music, background) and you play the game, the more points you get the skins changes on the fly so there's no breaks and the song might get more upbeat so the swishy thing (block clearer) that goes across the screen will be more frequent and the blocks are always gradually getting faster. There's also a possibility that the song is a low bpm song so the block clearer is less frequent but the blocks can be falling rapid so it gives you a massive chance to create some massive combos if you're good enough.

At the moment I'm not because I've had it for about an hour :D but we'll see.

There's also time attack mode where you have to get as many points as possible in the alloted time, there's also puzzle mode where you have a time limit and you have to create a specified shape with the blocks then clear that shape, for example a cross. Then there's VS CPU and VS player.

So there's a reasonable amount for me to dig into. I'm not quite sure how you can call things like puzzle games easy, I mean after all, tetris is just a bunch of falling blocks :blink:

Edit:

What I can say is this is going to be hell on my eyes. I've just had a session on it, the concentration levels and lack of blinking is hell on contact wearers, my eyes were transfixed on the screen and I was almost in a trance :wacko: as soon as it was game over, man, I couldn't shut my eyes :| I'm gradually improving my first go was a paltry 11000, then 15k, then 24k, then 38k. I've got a long way to go before hitting the purported 220k some people are getting :blink:

This also needs a sound test mode like Ridge so I can record all the songs onto my PC.

Manicdvln please stick to DS threads, i don't think ur assumtions and sarcasm are appricieted here much.

In addition, every thing little thing you say about psp is negative. So why even go to a psp thread when u r so convinced that it sucks or what not. Stick to DD threads and get the news about DS. I mean you don't seem to interested in PSP. So...

There aren't levels as such, in challenge mode it starts off with a particular skin (aka colour scheme, music, background) and you play the game, the more points you get the skins changes on the fly so there's no breaks and the song might get more upbeat so the swishy thing (block clearer) that goes across the screen will be more frequent and the blocks are always gradually getting faster. There's also a possibility that the song is a low bpm song so the block clearer is less frequent but the blocks can be falling rapid so it gives you a massive chance to create some massive combos if you're good enough.

At the moment I'm not because I've had it for about an hour :D but we'll see.

There's also time attack mode where you have to get as many points as possible in the alloted time, there's also puzzle mode where you have a time limit and you have to create a specified shape with the blocks then clear that shape, for example a cross. Then there's VS CPU and VS player.

So there's a reasonable amount for me to dig into. I'm not quite sure how you can call things like puzzle games easy, I mean after all, tetris is just a bunch of falling blocks :blink:

Edit:

What I can say is this is going to be hell on my eyes. I've just had a session on it, the concentration levels and lack of blinking is hell on contact wearers, my eyes were transfixed on the screen and I was almost in a trance :wacko: as soon as it was game over, man, I couldn't shut my eyes :| I'm gradually improving my first go was a paltry 11000, then 15k, then 24k, then 38k. I've got a long way to go before hitting the purported 220k some people are getting :blink:

This also needs a sound test mode like Ridge so I can record all the songs onto my PC.

585198846[/snapback]

Lumines sounds sweet :woot:

Who in the right mind going to go to all that trouble to watch a movie on a dinky screen?

585201066[/snapback]

SHutup! enough already!

who in their right mind will buy a nintendo ds and bother to get the video adapter!

go away from here....far far away! I cant stand you!

Tons of portable dvd players have been manufactured with 4" screens, and many people watch movies on their pocket pcs. Heck, one of the best selling software for the pocket pc's is a dvd to pocket pc program.

SHutup! enough already!

who in their right mind will buy a nintendo ds and bother to get the video adapter!

go away from here....far far away! I cant stand you!

Tons of portable dvd players have been manufactured with 4" screens, and many people watch movies on their pocket pcs. Heck, one of the best selling software for the pocket pc's is a dvd to pocket pc program.

585201109[/snapback]

That is correct, you put the DVD and you press play and watch it on a portable DVD player. While with PSP by reading the article, all you need to do is 1000 steps to have the same result.

you call it dinky, but it's not that much smaller than a portable screen or my Cayenne's in dash system.

Two points, 1. the device is not a DVD replacement and is not a dedicated DVD player. 2. Imagine sitting on a train on the way to london, played a bit of luminess, listen to a few mp3's, then decided, what the hey, lets watch something. I think the point is not to be taking the PSP for the sake of watching a dvd but to have an alternative (if you wanted).

I'm not a Sony fan, in fact I hate Sony, as most of my Japanese friend do too (search: Sony Timer) but they have nice designs and I recognize something good when I see it.

If the PS2 can shrink to an amazing size, I'm sure they'll be able to figure out ways of either shrinking components within the device or improving the battery life with a better battery (but not necessarily larger).

oh and to answer your question, I would.

That is correct, you put the DVD and you press play and watch it on a portable DVD player. While with PSP by reading the article, all you? need to do is 1000 steps? to have the same result.

585201129[/snapback]

dinky is the problem I have with your comment. By no means is it dinky.

I went through hell finding the best way to encode/play video on my pocket pc. I still do...because the end result is worth it.

manic your argument was the size of the screen, then you moved into an argument of 'easy access'

its just FOUR steps, if you read the article, (three after the initial set up)

You probably saw a long article and ditched it. It was very specific for people that didn't have knowledge in this area.

I watch videos on my P900 and that screen is tiny.

manic your argument was the size of the screen, then you moved into an argument of 'easy access'

its just FOUR steps, if you read the article, (three after the initial set up)

You probably saw a long article and ditched it. It was very specific for people that didn't have knowledge in this area.

I watch videos on my P900 and that screen is tiny.

585201170[/snapback]

Actually my argument is the combination of both, since in my opinion, what is the point of going through all that hell just to watch a movie on a small screen. Those 4 points you mention take alot of time and effort. Also, no average joe will be able to pull that off. This article is for geeks pretty much.

There is a reason people watch movies at the theater or in their living rooms and not on small DINKY screens. Portable DVD player market wasn't much of a success either.

How many time must we say GO AWAY MANICDVLN WE DONT WANT YOU HERE!!!!

585202247[/snapback]

seriously, cant the kid take a hint? I dont invade his threads, but he has the urge to invade mine...and the definitive psp thread.

That is correct, you put the DVD and you press play and watch it on a portable DVD player. While with PSP by reading the article, all you  need to do is 1000 steps  to have the same result.

585201129[/snapback]

Thousand steps? Lets see, I can do it in 2

1. DVD Decrypter -> 1 Vob

2. Drop VOB into 3GP converter

and that's ripping it from a DVD, if you've already got a movie file on your PC you just drop the movie on 3GP converter and it'll dump the MP4 onto your PSP in 1 single step. Woah, 1 step. Hard stuff.

Don't bother posting about stuff you have no idea about, it makes you look like a complete idiot. And if watching it on that "tiny screen" is pointless, what the hell is with the GBA media player? Playing movies on one DS screen is more then twice as pointless then, as is the conversion process to play the MP4s that the GBA player will use.

Thousand steps? Lets see, I can do it in 2

1. DVD Decrypter -> 1 Vob

2. Drop VOB into 3GP converter

and that's ripping it from a DVD, if you've already got a movie file on your PC you just drop the movie on 3GP converter and it'll dump the MP4 onto your PSP in 1 single step. Woah, 1 step. Hard stuff.

Don't bother posting about stuff you have no idea about, it makes you look like a complete idiot. And if watching it on that "tiny screen" is pointless, what the hell is with the GBA media player? Playing movies on one DS screen is more then twice as pointless then, as is the conversion process to play the MP4s that the GBA player will use.

585202676[/snapback]

That article was ripping and converting DVD video unto the PSP not PC videos on your HD. Converting any data takes time and effort. Not to mention you need the right applications too. As for nintendo making gba/ds player, that's fine. But I also mentioned in my responses that IT IS MY OPINION that watching movies on small screen is pointless. At least with nintendo's strategy, they are not forcing you to pay for non-gaming features that not everyone necessarily want. You can get it as an optional add-on.

What are you talking about? I just listed the steps from DVD -> PSP. It's 2 steps, I've done it about 20 times!

1. DVD Decrypter -> Single VOB

2. Drop VOB onto 3GP converter and it'll dump it on the PSP directly correctly named with a thumbnail

That's it, 2 steps. **** that's a lot of effort...

As for people not wanting to pay for facilities they won't use, the PSP is retailing at ?25 more than the DS in Japan. I can't imagine you'll find a single person complaining that they'd rather have their ?25 back. Seriously, I mean why bother even posting in this thread...

What are you talking about? I just listed the steps from DVD -> PSP. It's 2 steps, I've done it about 20 times!

1. DVD Decrypter -> Single VOB

2. Drop VOB onto 3GP converter and it'll dump it on the PSP directly correctly named with a thumbnail

That's it, 2 steps. **** that's a lot of effort...

As for people not wanting to pay for facilities they won't use, the PSP is retailing at ?25 more than the DS in Japan. I can't imagine you'll find a single person complaining that they'd rather have their ?25 back. Seriously, I mean why bother even posting in this thread...

585202792[/snapback]

why bother posting? because he feels hes obligated to. Because hes a fanboy. Because if you shoved a psp in his face and made him play ridge racers on it, and then on a ds, he would say he doesnt see the difference. Because he has too much time, like me.

At least with nintendo's strategy, they are not forcing you to pay for non-gaming features that not everyone necessarily want. You can get it as an optional add-on.

585202784[/snapback]

Nintendo are making us pay for a GBA slot in the DS that not everyone is going to use. There's no add-on peripheral for that, they force you to have it even if you're never going to use it. If I wanted a GBA, I would have already bought one.

Nintendo are making us pay for a GBA slot in the DS that not everyone is going to use. There's no add-on peripheral for that, they force you to have it even if you're never going to use it. If I wanted a GBA, I would have already bought one.

585203364[/snapback]

Actually the DS uses the GBA chip for other functions, such as a dedicated sound processor, when playing DS games, and the port is for planned accessories.

When both these things are already in the system for other uses, it makes sense to let you play GBA games.

No, you don't need one. You just need to buy a figure of 8 power lead. I got it for ?5 from B&Q, that plugs into the PSU then from there it does into the PSP. It accepts 110v - 240v so works perfectly in the UK.

No, you don't need one. You just need to buy a figure of 8 power lead. I got it for ?5 from B&Q, that plugs into the PSU then from there it does into the PSP. It accepts 110v - 240v so works perfectly in the UK.

585204103[/snapback]

ohh... sweet :DD