[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

Kind of irrelevant because you can't watch 480*272 movies on the PSP. Here's an example though, Garden state is 100 minutes, at 320*240 at a decent watchable bitrate it was 219mb. That's 2.19mb per minute, I encoded the same movie at 480*272 and it was 365mb. It still fits on the 512mb stick but then you have to take into account that if you could encode at 480*272 then you'd want to be upping the bitrate.

Needless to say there isn't a problem getting a 2-2.5 hour movie on a 512mb card. Thing is you're not gonna be getting much else on there, that's why I want 1GB. Film + TV + more albums. I've got 1 hour and 7 minutes of video on my card, plus 201MB of music (just under 3 hours) and I've got 12mb left.

guys, my PSP should be here any day now, and have been thinking I want to get a game to play on, preferably Ridge Racers.

Now I ordered my PSP and it was shipped on the 22nd Dec and should take 6 - 12 days to be delivered so around this time it shoudl arrive.

So where is the cheapest place to pick up a copy of Ridge Racers for PSP?

Play-Asia is $60 which is ?30, that's not a bad price, they also have Lumines for $50 (?26). Choose normal shipping and you won't be charged import fees either.

Just pre-ordered from EB :D

You can now in the U.S. if you didn't know (Sorry, didn't wan't to read through 44 pages of posts soo this might already have been posted)

The odd thing is you don't say if you want the Value Pack, so how is EB going to know how many of them to order compared to the normal PSPs?

Play-Asia is $60 which is ?30, that's not a bad price, they also have Lumines for $50 (?26). Choose normal shipping and you won't be charged import fees either.

585221644[/snapback]

cool might do that then, also is ?40 a gd price for a brand new 512mb Sony Duo memory stick?

Just brought a DS from Play-Asia, looking forward to it but really want a PSP aswell now , so gonna start saving money up for it, damn you Dazzla and your cool videos of the thing :p

Just pre-ordered from EB

You can now in the U.S. if you didn't know (Sorry, didn't wan't to read through 44 pages of posts soo this might already have been posted)

The odd thing is you don't say if you want the Value Pack, so how is EB going to know how many of them to order compared to the normal PSPs?

All the pre-orders from EB Games are for just the PSP, closer to the release date (hopefully in march or before) you will be able to upgrade just the PSP pre-orders to the Value Pack. I already checked into it when I pre-ordered mine :D

All the pre-orders from EB Games are for just the PSP,? closer to the release date (hopefully in march or before) you will be able to upgrade just the PSP pre-orders to the Value Pack.? I already checked into it when I pre-ordered min:D:D

585225855[/snapback]

my preorder says mercury

thats a game...bleh (@ preorder system) and wtf

Just to let the guys know, Ive arrived in Japan and the place Im at has free internet. It should make communicating easier.

On a GREAT start though I was robbed.... at the airport. Stole WarioDS and my Nokia6630.

*sighs*

Just to let the guys know, Ive arrived in Japan and the place Im at has free internet. It should make communicating easier.

On a GREAT start though I was robbed.... at the airport. Stole WarioDS and my Nokia6630.

*sighs*

585226586[/snapback]

how were you robbed?

other stuff:

infected.jpg

Edited by Alpha2004

Hey do you know when is Wipeout Pure released!!???

I cant wait for that game...

585226986[/snapback]

nope, sony hasnt released any info about any release dates in the us

wait till jan 5, is all I can say (sony is "supposed to" reveal the psp launch date at ces)

i heard next batch of PSP will be Samsung LCD to cut cost  :crazy:

585228069[/snapback]

their using sharp right now...samsung is pretty good so whats the problem?

and didn't samsung lately like introduce a 0-dead-pixel-policy lately? maybe it goes for the PSP's screen as well?

585228665[/snapback]

I think it's very unlikely to happen because that new policy is only applied to LCD products in Korea.

Also, Sony chose Samsung's LCD because Samsung and Sony already made friendship by co-producing LCD products and swapping patents.

Samsung is a very reputable company when it comes to LCD, so there's no need to worry.

I've read so much about the PSP and seen so many photos and videos. It feels like a PSP overkill. I was so excited in the beginning, but now that it's so hard to get a PSP and prices are so damn high, I'm losing interest. I've even started thinking about spending my money on an iPod.

So hard...to get...PSP...price...too high...losing interest...please help... :(

I've read so much about the PSP and seen so many photos and videos. It feels like a PSP overkill. I was so excited in the beginning, but now that it's so hard to get a PSP and prices are so damn high, I'm losing interest. I've even started thinking about spending my money on an iPod.

So hard...to get...PSP...price...too high...losing interest...please help... :(

585229159[/snapback]

I think PSP is relatively cheap for what it can do.

And when PSP is released worldwide I'm sure you'll easily get one for yourself.