[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

it's not the monitors just the crappy digital camera the photograph was taken with...  :rolleyes:  :whistle:  :p

i hope at least

585229342[/snapback]

But how does that explain the differences between the two? Assuming they used the same digital camera, the results should be relative to each other, and those pics definitely show the Sharp to have more vibrant colours than the Samsung.

yay if this true bout the different screens then my one should have a sharp one :)

btw, no sign of psp yet but they have started deluivering mail again so not long now :D

I found out that "Made in Japan" PSP has Sharp screen and "Made in China" has Samsung screen.

No wonder.... :whistle:

Also, Sharp is using their own patented technology to produce extra sharp screen while Samsung is just making normal LCDs.

I guess getting Sharp one would be the wise choice!

Just thought some of you might wanna know this, the site i brought my PSP Value Pack from has now got them back instock, its a really good site for us UKer's as they offer Free Shipping, NO VAT and NO Custom Taxes as they pay it all. This means you will just pay the $499.99, no extra VAT and customs which could mount upto ?70 in some cases!!

Here is the link if you are interested:

PSP Value Pack IN STOCK

Also here is the link to the page about free shipping, no vat and customs if you arent sure that I am telling the truth:

Free Shipping ETC......

Just thought some of you might wanna know this, the site i brought my PSP Value Pack from has now got them back instock, its a really good site for us UKer's as they offer Free Shipping, NO VAT and NO Custom Taxes as they pay it all. This means you will just pay the $499.99, no extra VAT and customs which could mount upto ?70 in some cases!!

PSP Value Pack IN STOCK

Also here is the link to the page about free shipping, no vat and customs if you arent sure that I am telling the truth:

Free Shipping ETC......

585229462[/snapback]

thats REALLY expensive.

?260 for a PSP + Extras? Considering theres no customs to pay i think thats quite a good price.

585229567[/snapback]

thats over ?120 premium. A Sony Value Pacretailsb> at about ?130

Play asia sells value pack + Ridge Racers for that price.

PSP Value Pack IN STOCK

Free Shipping ETC......

585229462[/snapback]

It's just the method in which they ship. If the package gets picked up by customs you'll still pay VAT. It's less risky than a courier (100% guarenteed VAT) but there's still a chance you'll get a phone call saying your package is being held.

http://global.yesasia.com/help/index.asp?q=208〈=en&

I still don't understand how some people could think that ~4 hours of battery is alright. Oh well. History has been riddled with consumers shooting themselves in the foot.

http://jwhdavison.1up.com/

"There have been all sorts of rumors kicking around about the stuff at CES this week, especially the PSP announcement on Wednesday. The smart money is on a March 22 launch @ $199 with 10-15 games. If you're a subscriber to the wilder theories, Sony is going to surprise us all and announce that the thing will ship before the end of January with just 5 or 6 games. I'm not sure if I'm buying the last one, but it would be the grandest '**** you' gesture that anyone would have given in the history of videogames if it's true. If supply is going to be limited anyway, why not get the thing out early? The rumor mill is being further fuelled by the reduced number shipped at launch in Japan. The conspiracy is that Sony could have launched with 500k, but halved that so it could surprise everyone in the States too. I dunno about that. 48 hours or so and counting..."

I doubt theyre rumors ;D

yeah I was robbed. Actually, theyre investigating it. It was most likely the scanners at the airport that took my stuff.

As for now, it turns out that getting the PSPs in Niigata are easier since there are almost no cues. So Ill be going there on the 8th.

its 9am, im too excited and my fiance is sleeping.

(note: my typing is a bit crap since Im not used to Japanese keyboards)

Anyway, as for those pics comparing Samsung and Sharp screen, how could they take those comparison pics? I mean, if theyre taking them with a digital camera (which must be the same) then how did they take it at the exact perfect angles??

And are all the new batches made in China with a Samsung screen?

When I get my hands on the PSP Ill check it out myself.

agreed i have a samsung lcd and i'm happy with it...unlike my friend with his sharp

585228720[/snapback]

Sharp makes very high quality LCDs. Just take a look at their Aquos LCDs or the Sharp GX22/GX32 CGS-TFT cell phones. Nicest display ever for a cell phone.

Sharp makes very high quality LCDs. Just take a look at their Aquos LCDs or the Sharp GX22/GX32 CGS-TFT cell phones. Nicest display ever for a cell phone.

585232743[/snapback]

word. using one right now. too bad the phone sucks tho.

does it really matter that much what lcd the psp uses. it looks stunning, and thats all i need to know.

Sony Corp. (6758.T: Quote, Profile, Research) will likely launch its new PlayStation Portable hand-held game console in North America and Europe in March, a top executive said on Wednesday.

"It will probably be March," Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) president and CEO Ken Kutaragi told reporters at a gathering of business executives, responding to a question on when it would start selling the PSP in the U.S. market. :cry:

article

Edited by OHmyGOD

Where would be the fastest way to find out all the info that is going to be released at 5:15 CST?

P.S. WOW 3 Million released by March 31. Thats amazing!!!! Good Bye D.S. :laugh: