[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

Where would be the fastest way to find out all the info that is going to be released at 5:15 CST?

P.S. WOW 3 Million released by March 31.  Thats amazing!!!!  Good Bye D.S. :laugh:

585238817[/snapback]

It's 5:20pm CST according to my computer clock right now ;)

PS: Nintendo will have shipped almost twice that many DS units by March. Goodbye? Don't be a fanboy.

The best thing to look at will be what the numbers are at the end of this year, after both companies have had time to ramp up to full production.

Manic is bad, it doesn't mean you have to be too.

Edit: Err.. Unless that post was sarcasm. In which case ignore me. It's hard to tell sometimes.

PS: Nintendo will have shipped almost twice that many DS units by March. Goodbye? Don't be a fanboy.

The best thing to look at will be what the numbers are at the end of this year, after both companies have had time to ramp up to full production.

Manic is bad, it doesn't mean you have to be too.

Edit: Err.. Unless that post was sarcasm. In which case ignore me. It's hard to tell sometimes.

Well first of all I thought you went away guess NOT GRRRRR.

Second the part about ingoring you, I will work on that.

"LAS VEGAS, Nevada ? January 6, 2005 ? At the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) today in Las Vegas, Electronic Arts (Nasdaq: ERTS) announced its entire PSPTM handheld entertainment system line up set for relewhen the system launches in the U.S. this March.

Designed to deliver the ultimate handheld experience, EA's PSP list of launch titles includes two new EA SPORTSTM staples; FIFA Football and MVP BaseballTM,(only available in the U.S and not in the UK) along with four previously announced franchise greats; Need for SpeedTM Underground Rivals, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR?, NBA STREET: Showdown (working title) and NFL STREET 2: Unleashed. "

Having organised a press event alongside CES 2005 in Las Vegas this week, the platform holder had been expected to announce the PSP's US launch date and perhaps even pricing, but frustratingly Hirai was only able to say that it will "most likely release the PSP in late March 2005" in North America, echoing comments made by Kutaragi earlier in the day and picked up by Reuters, in which the Sony president said the company "would like to launch in Europe during March as well".

AdvertisementNeither exec made any mention of pricing. The PSP "basic" pack currently retails for 19,800 yen in Japan, which is around ?145 at today's exchange rate.

Source

Yeah, they didn't really announce anything that we didn't already know. :(

I need to know the release date, because if I'm not going to be in Pittsburgh when it comes out (might come home for Spring Break), then I'm gonna want to get one pre-ordered here (in Austin) and cancel my pre-order in Pittsburgh.

if its not clear by february when the psp is coming out in the usa, then I will import one...

EVERYBODY expected the news to be made later on in the conference...and sony just disappointed big time.

Yeah, they didn't really announce anything that we didn't already know. :(

I need to know the release date, because if I'm not going to be in Pittsburgh when it comes out (might come home for Spring Break), then I'm gonna want to get one pre-ordered here (in Austin) and cancel my pre-order in Pittsburgh.

585243699[/snapback]

you have plenty of time....

Do you go to UT?

you have plenty of time....

Do you go to UT?

585247075[/snapback]

Nah, I go to college at Carnegie Mellon in Pittsburgh. I'm from Austin, and I'm back here for the winter break. UT is about 10 minutes from where I live. I didn't want to go to school near home, so I didn't apply to UT.

That said, my aunt is a big UT fan, so she was freakin' out during the Rose Bowl.:laugh:h:

MINE IS HERE!!!

JUST ARRIVED NOW WOOOHOOOO

585248588[/snapback]

Hi.

Do you have more than 1 unit?

If I remember correct you order more than one.

If you have do you sell one for me.

(How cost for me? Send me a private massage please

Sorry for my english is not too good)

I got the LAST three PSPs!!!!!

(finally found them in Niigata after searching high and low in Tokyo)

Andrew.. Peter... Start dancing, and you both owe me a pint.

For a sad two I was unable to get the PSPs.

For those who asked for the PSPs in the beginning (and also kindly paid in advance) will be getting them.

My sincerest apologies for those I was unable to help.

That sucks, but thanks for trying. :cry:

Anyone else here who can get me a PSP and some extras at "shop price" + a tip ??

Liksang and play-asia are way too expensive, they have the PSP at more than twice the Tokyo shop price.

Edited by Goldrusher