[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

I've been trying out iPSP for my Mac, and to be honest it's not very good. Half of the time it won't convert the video, and if it does, something else goes wrong and it won't play on the PSP.

I've managed to do one video conversion, but that was at the lowest quality and it looked terrible. (a short GT4 video from IGN) I've only got an 8mb memory stick just now (will be buying a bigger one if I plan to use video a lot) but I really just wanted to see how the quality compared to the demo disc.

Would anyone be able to host a short (30 seconds maybe) converted clip at the highest quality you can fit into ~6.5mb for me?

The video I was trying to get on the MS Duo was the 3rd one here. http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/489/489327/vids_1.html

Got it sorted now. Completely removed iPSP from my system, restarted (seems to be what did it, as I had re-installed iPSP a few times) installed 1.1 again and it seems to be working.

Just put the iPod Shuffle advert on to test, at max quality and it's only 1.7mb. Look pretty good, but you can tell it's not running at native resolution. :(

if you have a video of lets say 800mb and if you change it to mp4 with the psp resolution would it fit on a 512 Duo PRO? 1GB is just so expensive :wacko:

:D ZJODEN

wait do i realy n eed a pro?

Edited by zjoden

if you have a video of lets say 800mb and if you change it to mp4 with the psp resolution would it fit on a 512 Duo PRO? 1GB is just so expensive  :wacko:

:D ZJODEN

wait do i realy n eed a pro?

585319763[/snapback]

I want to know that too, can someboy tell me like how many hours of video in the PSP format and resolution can you store on a 512MB card?

Well I have a 512 Sandisk card and managed to fit the whole movie Garden State on it in QB4 quality as well as a couple of albums worth of Mp3s and a couple of save games.

Is there software to crop videofiles to 16:9 or 4:3 size ?

For example, I have a really fun video with a resolution of 384x224...which isn't 4:3 nor 16:9. If it's converted to 320x240 mp4, it's distorted, and because it isn't 16:9 either, stretching the video to PSP screen size doesn't help either.

Is there a program to convert the video to 16:9 size by removing a bit of image at the top and bottom ?

i rather think you want to add black borders rather than cropping the video.

anyways this threads slowly crawling its way to one k posts and psp has only been released in japan.

Is there software to crop videofiles to 16:9 or 4:3 size ?

For example, I have a really fun video with a resolution of 384x224...which isn't 4:3 nor 16:9. If it's converted to 320x240 mp4, it's distorted, and because it isn't 16:9 either, stretching the video to PSP screen size doesn't help either.

Is there a program to convert the video to 16:9 size by removing a bit of image at the top and bottom ?

585322204[/snapback]

sure there is, look at TMpeg or VirtualDub...there is a filter for your to crop your vids...

on a side note, one store up here had a psp value pack for $350...thats how rare they are up in the area where I live...

march seems so far away :(

585324728[/snapback]

That is true, but at least February is a short month!

i love black more.

by the way: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...gamesonycompany

the United States and was aiming to sell five million units by the end of March.

so probably the first half of march is the target. something around first week to the 18th posted by amazon uk.

I hope it'll be first week(s) of March and that the price'll be around 200 euro's because everything higher then that'd be a rip-off IMO...

Is there any list of launch-titles for europe though? I've been looking but haven't found one yet :(

*can't wait*

i love black more, thats why I wish not so many people had it.

But I wish it was more ipod white rather than Matt white.

I'll be getting mine custom painted soon though :p (as soon as I can find a reliable store)