[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

You can't buy it.

Your choice right now is black, black or black.

Actually, I've heard you can also buy black...

585328244[/snapback]

LMAO! Thanks Dazzla! :)

I guess I'll have to buy them on E-bay or something cause I'll be getting a black one at launch unless they release a special edition. Damn....

I imagine that in due time they'll be colour editions, in the same way there's been coloured PS2s. E.g. the Ceramic White PS2 + GT4 pack, I suspect they'll be a similar GTMobile bundle with the PSP.

Look at what EBgames.com is selling now for pre-order!

WOW!

But to expensive....... :(

255564.jpg

255565.jpg

255566.jpg

255567.jpg

Sandisk Memory Stick Pro Duo 1GB for $160 while I got a different one by SanDisk somewhere else for 130. Nice colors though and it ships on 03/10/2005. :)

Man, I just got an email from Mobilefun, I was told a few days ago my 1GB card would ship in 2-3 days, now they're saying 7-14 days. What a joke :no:

Sony Plans PSP Phone Update

January 20, 2005 - Sony Computer Entertainment has stated from the start that the PSP will have functionality beyond a mere game player, and it proved the claims with highly anticipated video and audio support right out the gate. Now, the multi-function device looks like it will see an update that few had expected: telecommunications.

Bloomberg news service, citing comments made by SCE president Ken Kutaragi, reveals that SCE hopes to add mobile phone functionality to the portable in the "near future." Sadly, Kutaragi apparently did not elaborate on this comment (and if he did, Bloomberg didn't let us in on all the details).

Kutaragi's comments follow separate statements regarding future mobile television functionality for the PSP. As a mobile television, the PSP would use WiFi internet access to allow users to log on to a television server (for instance, a digital video recorder) in their homes and view programs. We expect mobile telephony would also make use of the internet and wireless hot spots.

IGN

[edit]Whoohoo, 100! :laugh: [/edit]

that's freaking awesome news! If they ever DO release any of those updates.

As for the Neon sandisk. THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! Where I live in the Bahrain (used to live), we always import from Japan and Japan always gives us different varients.

(mobile phones, cameras, etc...) Unlike the UK where they give you one choice, (two if your lucky)

One other thing.... look, at the Sandisks! The memory part of it is tiny!!! Like the transflash cards! Why dont they just utilize the whole space and save money as well as make larger memory options.

Man, I just got an email from Mobilefun, I was told a few days ago my 1GB card would ship in 2-3 days, now they're saying 7-14 days. What a joke :no:

585330769[/snapback]

To me they said: once my payment clears (verified and such) they will ship the items. Should be within the next 7 days (including weekend).

So hopefully at the end of next week or beginning of the week after, I'll have my 1GB MS.

By the way, the price went up ?5 the day after I ordered it. (from 94.95 to 99.95)

From psp.ign.com

January 21, 2005 - Even Dynasty Warriors haters displayed considerable interest when Koei announced the Dynasty Warriors premium package rerelease for the early PSP entry in the series. For many, more than the game or the included trading cards, the special case included in the package was the biggest selling point. It's such a spiffy-looking case that many readers shared with IGN their desire to purchase the premium package just for the case alone.

Apparently after having heard numerous requests from fans, Koei has announced plans to release the case separately from the game. On 1/27, Koei will begin selling the PSP "All in Guard" case on its own. Set to be made available in black, the case features everything the case premium package version contains, including space for UMDs, headphones and a Memory Stick.

Cost for the case is set at 2,604 yen. Check with your importer about obtaining one, if you want what looks to be the most convenient way to carry around your PSP.

koei-to-release-psp-case-20050121082354269.jpg

koei-to-release-psp-case-20050121082353941.jpg

OMG I WANT ONE NOW! :woot:

does anyone have any thoughts on when sony will finally release info about US pricing and release date. i'm tired of guessing.

585335412[/snapback]

March, march and march

Less than 200 for regular.

I think:

$ 199 for regular

$ 249 for value

In Europe same, but euro instead of dollar. (same amount, different symbol)...maybe we'll get a game with the valuepack as well.

I think:

$ 199 for regular

$ 249 for value

In Europe same, but euro instead of dollar. (same amount, different symbol)...maybe we'll get a game with the valuepack as well.

585338659[/snapback]

Yes, I'd go for that too... which means that we (europeans) get to pay more then everybody else... AGAIN.... *long moment of silence*