[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

Yes, I'd go for that too...  which means that we (europeans) get to pay more then everybody else... AGAIN.... *long moment of silence*

585338673[/snapback]

sadly true, as always. that's the rationalisation I used when justifying paying to import a japanese model

I think:

$ 199 for regular

$ 249 for value

In Europe same, but euro instead of dollar. (same amount, different symbol)...maybe we'll get a game with the valuepack as well.

585338659[/snapback]

And you know us Brits will get shafted further still!

$249 is about ?140, I'd b very surprised if thats what we pay.

According to amazon, we'll be paying ?179, about $322

Even so, I will still Deffo be buying this kit, and cant wait too!!:D:D

IGN

[edit]Whoohoo, 100!  :laugh: [/edit]

585331286[/snapback]

How many of you would be interested in a digital TV tuner to display OTA (over the air, ie free) HDTV broadcasts on your PSP - let's say the price would be ~$150 if it ever came out?

I know the PSP would not be able to display HDTV images at full resolution, but I think it would be neat to receive widescreen broadcasts of local stations on the widescreen LCD.

I would buy it, no doubt.

Don't say it can't be done because this technology is being developed for use in cell phones.

And you know us Brits will get shafted further still!

$249 is about ?140, I'd b very surprised if thats what we pay.

According to amazon, we'll be paying ?179, about $322

Even so, I will still Deffo be buying this kit, and cant wait too!!&nbsp:D:D

585341031[/snapback]

What I've noticed over the last few years, is that electronics always have a 1-to-1 conversion from $ to ?. If it is released at $249, then you can pretty much guarantee that the UK will get it for $249... Don't know if this applies to Euro tho...

Also, with regards to the white PSP, it's very sexy, but not only will you have to worry about fingerprints, but you'd have to wash your hands every time you want to touch it!

perhaps if the UK and other countries had a constant stream of wifi all over the country.

585343465[/snapback]

Nah, it uses GPRS...available everywhere...like GPS. :cool:

Nah, it uses GPRS...available everywhere...like GPS. :cool:

585344355[/snapback]

GPRS for hi-res video streaming sin't really what you want :\

I'd opt for UMTS which performs very nicely and will grow in coverage because of mobile phone companies promoting it :yes:

does anyone know of the location of any translated manuals for the PSP or games?

i read you can pretty much muddle through the RR menus and work it out though (here's hoping it arrives tmrw!)

does anyone know of the location of any translated manuals for the PSP or games?

i read you can pretty much muddle through the RR menus and work it out though (here's hoping it arrives tmrw!)

585345351[/snapback]

I don't think you can get translated manuals yet :\

Besides, manuals are for n00bs! :p j/k

GPRS would need something like a mobile connection. I dont know of any pay monthly GPRS system. Either they charge you by the time or by the amount of content downloaded. Either way it'll be expensive.

Second of all it's not that fast.

For UMTS it'll be the same way, just a bit cheaper since your always connected or automatically connect when the networks server wants to send you something.

Unless Sony are going to kindly offer a monthly pay service, It'll be too expensive.

For me anyway...

585345351[/snapback]

It's clicking and hoping you selected the right thing. The menus are 90% Japanese...in-game and the basic stuff is all English though. But selecting yes/no/restart/replay/exit is all in Japanese.

i dont know what Ridge Racer you guys are playing, but the main menu is in english for me (has a nice little 3d Icon)

The only Japanese I get is for like what GoldRusher said, is Yes, no, restart, replay and exit.

wao check this :

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=4215

theres a video of someone breaking a PSP

pd: Its incredible the PSP its very hard to break

585350643[/snapback]

It's amazing the lengths Nintendo fanboys will go to :D ! It did seem to hold up pretty well, even when the car runs over it, the PSP is still relatively in tact.

Then came the baseball bat :wacko: ....

well i think games have hte all tag. and the movies have tags like 1 or whatever....

but since you can put movies on the memorystick i don't rely see the use of umd movies @_@

:D ZJODEN

at japan launch they said that the systems will be region free. somehow i dont see a point in umds being region restricted. unless future units or firmware upgrades will turn the units to being restricted.

The systems are region free as is the Xbox, Its up to the developers to region lock their games, Like the Xbox most developers do, From what i know is that games will stay region free but as with most movies, they will be region coded on all units.

http://www.xbconnect.com/ Xboxconnect also lets user play PSP games online