[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

Oh Noes Everyone! the FCC papers say "Region Locked" ..

PS I feel sorry for you dazzla if this is true :(

psp_regionus.jpg

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entert...for-what-031035

585354028[/snapback]

It looks like the games will be region free. Though to keep the DVD and movie people happy they are going to enforce region locs on films. SO playing games from other regions should be cool.

i dont know if this has been covered but does anyone have any screen protecters? are they worth it and do they have to be put on perfectly the first time and when it is on can you notice that it is on and does it diminish from the quality of the screen? thanks! :)

An official Sony employee said today that games are region free, but movies follow the normal regions. That means 1 = US, 2 = Japan and Europe.

So the European importers of the Japanese PSP will be able to use European movie-UMD's.

(Can't tell you the source, that would get me kicked out of the beta program :ninja: )

The us sony psp manual has been unoffic. "released"

Its in pdf format.  :x

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/cf/eas/r...AK8PSP1001'

585353283[/snapback]

How "real" do you think this manual is? It's for the PSP-1001k - as far as I'm aware, the current model is 1000k, isn't it?

I haven't had a chance to go thru the manual, but if it is a new model, what's changed/updated? Or is it just to differentiate it from the Jap model? Or am I talking out of my arse about the 1000k model?! :rolleyes:

How "real" do you think this manual is? It's for the PSP-1001k - as far as I'm aware, the current model is 1000k, isn't it?

I haven't had a chance to go thru the manual, but if it is a new model, what's changed/updated? Or is it just to differentiate it from the Jap model? Or am I talking out of my arse about the 1000k model?!  :rolleyes:

585356205[/snapback]

the NA version is 1001k and thats a document filed by sony to the fcc or something. Its real, but not the final, for sure.

I assumed that the PSP-1001 model number was for the US release (e.g. Europe would be 1002).

Does anybody know if Wipeout Pure has a release date yet? I've finished Ridge Racer and I need something else :happy:

I assumed that the PSP-1001 model number was for the US release (e.g. Europe would be 1002).

Does anybody know if Wipeout Pure has a release date yet? I've finished Ridge Racer and I need something else  :happy:

585356610[/snapback]

Off topic but...another thing that makes the psp great is that its going to be so easy to obtain savegames if your stuck...

Just copy and upload :D

What? Are you fishing for a save or something?  :p

585356684[/snapback]

Imagine you lost a savegame of your hard work getting that final oyster in San Andreas and obtaining 100%.

There ARE people out there who don't want to restart from 0...and exchanging a PS2 save was quite difficult if you didn't know anybody in your neighbourhood with similar stats.

Well I see a reason for it being restricted, the fact that Europeans will be ripped off in price and locking it down will make people think twice before importing one.

585354153[/snapback]

Japan = region 2 = Europe

where can i buy a psp

585356548[/snapback]

www.lik-sang.com

Only $ 329.

got my PSP today!! full of geeky glee as you can imagine, it's a lot smaller than I expected. I'm determined to use it to full effect in my lecture tmrw morning, just waiting on my memory stick from mobilefun.co.uk now! come on!!

What? Are you fishing for a save or something?  :p

585356684[/snapback]

Lol, I already have a ridge racers 100% completed file and a 100% completed lumines file :p

i almost finished mine... then decided to stop to save precious gaming time.

I seriously need a 1gb...

Any one of you guys that I helped want to chip in :p

well i decided to screw it and buy a 1gb anyway.

Only to be told by mobilefun that they're out of stock AFTER I bought the stick.

They said they'll be getting them in a couple of days.

I doubt it.. *sighs*

well i decided to screw it and buy a 1gb anyway.

Only to be told by mobilefun that they're out of stock AFTER I bought the stick.

They said they'll be getting them in a couple of days.

I doubt it.. *sighs*

585361466[/snapback]

I'm in the same boat, can someone please post when mobilefun ships their stick. I got my PSP but can't properly show it off yet!

Whens the UK release date for the PSP? And hows the battery life? Is it likely to be better for the UK versions?

585363255[/snapback]

It's around late March. The US PSP will use the same hardware and battery as the japanese model, so it's unlikely they'd change it for the european release. So in answer to your question, no the battery probably won't be better for the UK version.