[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

just a note to those who ordered a memory stick from mobilefun, I just emailed them, and they'll be back in stock of the 1GB sticks on February 7th  :(

585367738[/snapback]

Wtf, that sucks :blink: I've gone way too long on a 32mb stick, shoulda hung onto my 512 stick a bit longer :pinch:

Am seriously considering importing one of these babies.

Can anyone tell me, what will be the differences with one i import and one from UK wen released?

Once I select english lang on the import, will I be rid of all japanese type font etc?

I assume all games etc will be compatable.

yes, Totally english.

Like how the language can be selected on the DS.

It's region free, and DVD region free or 0.

Only problem is the charger, AND the rumours of a worse screen.

WOah woah woah...!!

I dont want to pay 400 for the PSP, i just want one game, im calling EB games to see if i can cancel that  :blink:

585367752[/snapback]

Can you confirm on here if its true or not about the bundle when you call please.

ok....I know that the DVD, Games are regional free....however....what about the AC power adapter?.....:blink:....I need to get that sorted out before I go to Japan and get my self one of these....so anyone know?

yes, Totally english.

Like how the language can be selected on the DS.

It's region free, and DVD region free or 0.

Only problem is the charger, AND the rumours of a worse screen.

585369035[/snapback]

Yea I heard they switched to Samsung to fix the bleeding problem with the red and they were also cheaper. Bad move, not to dis Samsung but Sharp makes better panels :pinch:

ok....I know that the DVD, Games are regional free....however....what about the AC power adapter?.....:blink:....I need to get that sorted out before I go to Japan and get my self one of these....so anyone know?

585370426[/snapback]

Its got a 110v-240v adaptor you just need a figure of 8 cord to contect the power pack to the mains. No need for a stepdown or anything.

Jus found it for ?200 the value pack(liksang.com), which i so wanna order. but one of the customer reviews said

"BEWARE UK CUSTOMERS!!!!

Review by: Dickie (1) on January 27th, 2005

Excellent service but I got hit with a ?50 customs charge by dhl. BEWARE!! when it was delivered I just signed with no charge, week or two later you get this whopping customs charge through the post..."

Is this true? Or is this sum1 jus messin bout?

For ?200 I wud order, but ?250 after the customs charge maybe not.

They even through in a travel adapter for the power adaptor! LOL

Wtf, that sucks :blink: I've gone way too long on a 32mb stick, shoulda hung onto my 512 stick a bit longer :pinch:

585368498[/snapback]

Lol...I've been playing the first few races of Ridge over and over, since I don't have a memorystick at all.

The 1GB card is quite rare, so I guess we'll have to hang on and wait another week or two. I noticed the price went up ? 5 after I ordered...lucky me.

Dunno if this bin mentioned, but jus found this!!!

"Sony is to make a second attempt to challenge Apple's lead in the digital music download market and the Mac maker's almost-ubiquitous iPod courtesy of the PlayStation Portable.

According to a Marketing magazine report, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) plans to launch a music service specifically for the PSP, which is expected to arrive in Europe and the US in March.

SCEE will put the delivery mechanism in place in time for the handheld console's launch, using it to allow users to download game levels and software updates. However, the system will be extended to music in the summer.

Given the PSP's multimedia focus, it's entirely possible the service could subsequently be used to deliver video downloads."

SOURCE: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/01/27/so..._music_service/

Just a warning; don't let your friends use the PSP unless they know what they're doing.

Personally I'd say this is a bit of a design flaw on Sony's part, as it's so easy to do.

UMD1: Ridge Racers. Gave the UMD and PSP to a friend, he had his finger on the back of the drive when putting it in so it wasn't open fully, and it gave off a horrible scratching sound.

umd1.jpg

Later, when taking Lumines out of my console, my finger was slightly on the back, and the same thing happened; the disc got scratched on the latch, although not nearly as deeply as it was coming out.

umd2.jpg

Thankfully due to the way it's designed, I can't see it scratching the actual disc itself, but it's not a good design at all, and while it doesn't affect the games at all, it doesn't look great.

Another thing I hate about UMDs is that clear covering, as it stops you cleaning discs properly; it wouldn't surprise me if, after time, some dust gets in there and starts giving you disc-read errors.

are the rumors true about Sony switching their PSP screens from Sharp to Samsung?

585379765[/snapback]

I think they are true but Im not sure.

Anyways, I decided not to get a psp.

I bought a new pc at last!:woot:t:

I will be using my ipaq for g3ming.

it's just a rumour at the moment, no solid fact.

585380764[/snapback]

It is confirmed that Samsung will privide the screen.

And as far as I know, it is not because Samsung is cheaper, it was due to a partnership between Sony and Samsung, which also includes patent swapping and factory sharing.