[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

the gamestop website preorder bundles come with a pelican starter pack, which is the same stuff that comes in the sony value pack.  do you think they will change this?  i won't need 2 sets of headphones, 2 screen cloths, 2 cases, etc. 

ahhhhhhhhhhh

i need to get a preorder in somewhere......

585408436[/snapback]

Just wait , when Eb sees this news they aren't gonna be happy. The price they ahve is ment for 199$ console not 249$ :p

It will all change. They will can the accesories pack, and include 3 games thats my guess.

anyone know the realease date for the UK or Europe? I'm in Canada at the moment but going home to the UK from May - September. Maybe it would be worth buying a few and selling them on ebay in the UK?

Must admit.. ive long been a fan of Nintendo and had stuck with them through every hardware iteration until the N64 and GBA SP. But i've just seen the PSP at my local impiort place and i have to admit it.. i want one.

As much as appreciate that Nintendo are trying to do something different and interesting with the DS... the PSP looks awesome and has the games I want to play. Ridge Racer in my pocket? What more can a man ask for?

Must admit.. ive long been a fan of Nintendo and had stuck with them through every hardware iteration until the N64 and GBA SP.  But i've just seen the PSP at my local impiort place and i have to admit it.. i want one.

As much as appreciate that Nintendo are trying to do something different and interesting with the DS... the PSP looks awesome and has the games I want to play.  Ridge Racer in my pocket?  What more can a man ask for?

585408458[/snapback]

There is ridge racers on DS you know. Its not nearly as good but it is there.

anyone know the realease date for the UK or Europe? I'm in Canada at the moment but going home to the UK from May - September. Maybe it would be worth buying a few and selling them on ebay in the UK?

585408455[/snapback]

I thought I read somewhere that the UK release date was some time in March...

There is ridge racers on DS you know.  Its not nearly as good but it is there.

585408469[/snapback]

yeah...we've seen the pics, RR on DS looks so 1982....

i've never done preorder before. should i do it online or instore?

i think the only store i have close to me is a gamestop.

249$? 50$ games? I'll pass....for now.

585408550[/snapback]

Same here

I think Sony just priced them self?s right out of the main stream market.

Guess I?ll just be a DS fan boy until Sony drops there price.

I think the demand is going to be that high, they could prob put almost whatever price they wanted on this machine and it would fly off the shelves!

As with all things, am sure it will become cheaper as time goes on.

Pitfall, released in 1982.

anim7pitfall7rope2.gif

585409587[/snapback]

haha, i'm serious, i see that and i think of the graphics from the DS...they have the same feel to them.

gelob where did you preorder?

anyone have any idea of what the "extras" are gonna be for this "value"? I dont think 50 bucks is a deal breaker but if the extras arent useful ones then this value is just sony trying eek out more of a profit per unit.

I never heard of the Spider man 2 movie and that UMD disc sampler was limited to special packs.

It doesnt come with Value packs anymore.

Perhaps they'll make one with the global launch, but there aren't any anymore.

they better release the psp on its own or i will be really ticked off

I don't want any value pack stuff or spider man 2 movie

585411008[/snapback]

THEY ARE NOT GOING TO.

THIS IS "NOT" THE VALUE PACK here.

This is the ONLY american pack. The japanese called it the value pack because they had to choices there. This is the only version being released in the US. Get over it.

THEY ARE NOT GOING TO.

THIS IS "NOT" THE VALUE PACK here.

This is the ONLY american pack.  The japanese called it the value pack because they had to choices there.  This is the only version being released in the US.  Get over it.

585411016[/snapback]

BS, I bet they release another option

BS, I bet they release another option

585411018[/snapback]

How long have you lived in NA? Its just not american style! Ugh . Remember the HDD? Everyone was hoping for a pack with only HDD. Never happened.

How long have you lived in NA?  Its just not american style!  Ugh .  Remember the HDD?  Everyone was hoping for a pack with only HDD.  Never happened.

585411122[/snapback]

21 years off and on :p They WILL release a PSP only box (so poor people can buy it too lol), but not until they have made millions off the extra worthless stuff first :cry:

I will probably end up buying the $250 pack because I have $250 in best buy cards left over from xmas, besides, I am rolling in the dough anyway - j/k i wish :yes:

i'm hoping it wont take so long though for the UK. (wait a minute, if it takes longer, it means mine is rarer hmmm...)

I'm quite sure they'll release a basic, but then again, they dont sell memory cards or accessories cheaply around the world so that would be a problem.