[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

I never heard of the Spider man 2 movie and that UMD disc sampler was limited to special packs.

It doesnt come with Value packs anymore.

Perhaps they'll make one with the global launch, but there aren't any anymore.

585410959[/snapback]

The value pack in question is for US launch not global, or UK for your info.

I ordered my PSP and RR thru Expansys on Tues, n jus got email saying it has been shipped!!!

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO :D

So hopefully on Monday a new toy shall arrive, and my god I cant wait!

This thread has been set as my homepage for the past month! LOL

Where is the cheapest place you guys have found that ships to the UK the 1gb Mem stick duo pro?? (I have looked at the usual such as mobilefun, mem store etc, n have googled, jus wanted peoples opinions) Ta muchly.

*Cheapest I seen so far ?96.45 inc. VAT Delivery exp 10/02*

congrats and i think thats the cheapest you will find.

I did alot of research and couldnt find below 96. Perhaps someone else had some better luck.

You could always try google.

hehe, you're crazy :p

does anybody know why games are supposed to have an msrp of 39.99, but everywhere has em listed as 49.99? 40 bucks just sounds so much better than 50...

hehe, you're crazy :p

does anybody know why games are supposed to have an msrp of 39.99, but everywhere has em listed as 49.99?  40 bucks just sounds so much better than 50...

585415650[/snapback]

No you crazy... Why are you crazy? Well because I said so. :huh: :ninja:

I ordered my PSP and RR thru Expansys on Tues, n jus got email saying it has been shipped!!!

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO  :D

So hopefully on Monday a new toy shall arrive, and my god I cant wait!

This thread has been set as my homepage for the past month! LOL

Where is the cheapest place you guys have found that ships to the UK the 1gb Mem stick duo pro??  (I have looked at the usual such as mobilefun, mem store etc, n have googled, jus wanted peoples opinions)  Ta muchly.

*Cheapest I seen so far ?96.45 inc. VAT Delivery exp 10/02*

585415013[/snapback]

I've ordered a 1GB stick from mobilefun, and they claim that they're receiving stock today i.e. the 5th feb, but I think that needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. Call/email them to check if they're in stock, and if they are then grab one while you can, they're bloody hard to find online! I think they're going for about ?99 inc p&p on mobilefun

Sony?s PSP hits US stores March 24, Europe has to wait

With all the hype built around Sony?s PlayStation Portable, gadget-geeks and gamers from Europe are looking forward to getting the system.

However, sources at Sony confirmed that the launch on March 24 was for the US markets, particularly North America. The company would make an official announcement about the European launch in the coming weeks.

Gaming enthusiasts in North America are not sure how many PSPs will be released on March 24. The marketing people have ensured that the product will have a waiting demand. Stores in some parts are even taking deposits as advance against the purchase of the gadget when it arrives.

European retailers speculate that Sony may not have the capability to mass produce such a complex electronic device.

Some insist that it?s purely a commercial choice ? the US is the second biggest market after Japan for such products. Europe is much behind in demand numbers. Hence Sony probably thought it wiser to concentrate supply in the US, to begin with.

Sources at Sony too seem either tight-lipped or ignorant about how many units of the device will be delivered to the market in the US.

It is expected that other game-makers like Nintendo will feel threatened by the arrival of Sony?s PSP. A senior staffer from marketing said ?The company did not want the PSP to compete with other handheld gaming devices. That is the reason we positioned it as a portable entertainment device with lots of features. As we did with the PlayStation and PlayStation-2, and before that with the walkman, this time too, we are offering consumers a completely new world, a whole new concept."

Jus found this article on Google News (http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show:(508.html) :(

Hope they are wrong, but jus thort i'd better share.

Hi.

I want to order a Psp from Micmic.net. (to europe Hungary)

Can anybody know them? Are they a good company?

Can i trust them? I hope somebody can help me.

585418464[/snapback]

do not touch them! i was going to go with them but then i didnt as i heard bad things about them. so just soem advise!

I sent Mobilefun an email and they haven't replied yet.... I basically said, give me an exact date or i'll cancel my order, it would help if everyone else who ordered said that so they dont play us around.

I've had experience with them with a transflash card. They said 2 days, every week they would say they needed a couple more days until I finally said, screw it, i dont want it anymore.

A month later, i received an email saying that I would be receiving i soon. I said, No i dont want it, I told you to cancel it and I have a confirmation email that I saved if you have any doubt. They didn't reply to me, but they did make sure the order was cancelled (not very professional I should say)

I went with them this time just to give them a chance. Hope they wont pull the same stunt.

The Sony PSP  will be made available through retail outlets in North America on March 24, 2005.........

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe sent out an identical release, but then later updated it to push back that region's launch date to "in the Spring." Our sources tell us that Sony plans to ship the system to the U.K. and Europe in late April or early May, and that the cause for the delay is simply so they'll be able to ship enough units to North America during March.

Im finding more n more rumours like this, can sum1 pls say this isnt true :cry:

Cool, Hope u get soon. Did u order any games too?

My PSP is due to arrive 2moro mornin, with Ridge Racers, but I was hopin the PSP wud be reeased in UK in March so I wudnt have to keep importing new games!!

Guessing this will now be the case *Sigh*

i just found these two links hope they are useful to someone:

Tutorial on how to convert from DVD to a valid MP4 file | http://www.dvd2psp.net

585418126[/snapback]

Hey, cheers for linking, im the creator of DigitalArc and DVD2PSP.net :D

Just noticed alot of people being refered to it by this forum :rofl:

Any suggestions which i could add to this site is welcome, thx again

went to Game and asked if the DS or PSP would be delayed and not released in March and they said it would 100% be released on March 11th together. (they're taking deposits down)

If you order from Liksang (psp+game)  to europe do you have to pay tax?

Please help me

Some europeans who got their Psp from liksang please help,

585423270[/snapback]

I believe so. I bought 2 japanese SPs from lik-sang for me and my girlfriend a while ago to the UK, and we got stung with a ?40 import tax