[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

Which ones will be available on release day??

585434548[/snapback]

We don't know, there is a "launch window" list of games but that doesn't mean they will be released at launch. So, technically we won't know till near launch time. Supposedly, 2 sports games near launch will have online support.

I know it's a little early to think about this, but do you think PSP rev. 2 will include a CELL processor?

585432707[/snapback]

if sony's worried about power consumption with the PSP1 then I'd expect the CELL would nail the PSP rev2 :) Doesn't it work by having multiple processors running in parallel? I'm sure someone can correct me if I'm wrong

if the cell chip was in psp it would need one hell of a cooling fan

585438112[/snapback]

Yeah its a LONG way off, i mean look how long its taking ibm and apple to get a g5 in a laptop 2 years 6 months and counting ! CELL its looking quite good and yeah its prob going to go in a sony handhelds in the future but its a long way off.

Ppl the cell is as small as a thumb tack in length, very very small.

585442625[/snapback]

Its not realy the size of it but more the heat dissipation and consuption of power that will hold them back from putting it in a unit of that size.

Handy even for non-gamers!! :pinch:

Incredible piece of art. Can't wait for PS3 to come out!!

And btw, CELL for PS3, look for it on gamespy.com :p

Preliminary list of launch titles for the PSP (US launch) (Source: IGN.com)

# Ape Escape: On the Loose, Sony Computer Entertainment America

# ATV Offroad Fury: Blazin' Trails, Sony Computer Entertainment America

# Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower, Capcom

# Dynasty Warriors, KOEI

# FIFA 2005, Electronic Arts

# Gretzky NHL, Sony Computer Entertainment America

# Lumines, Ubisoft

# Metal Gear Acid, Konami

# MLB, Sony Computer Entertainment America

# MVP Baseball, Electronic Arts

# NBA, Sony Computer Entertainment America

# NBA Street Showdown, Electronic Arts

# Need for Speed Rivals, Electronic Arts

# NFL Street 2 Unleashed, Electronic Arts

# Rengoku: Tower of Purgatory, Konami

# Ridge Racer, Namco

# Smartbomb, Eidos Interactive

# Spider-Man 2, Activision

# Tiger Woods PGA TOUR, Electronic Arts

# Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix, Activision

# Twisted Metal: Head On, Sony Computer Entertainment America

# Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade, Sony Online Entertainment

# Wipeout Pure, Sony Computer Entertainment America

# World Tour Soccer, Sony Computer Entertainment America

-------------

I know I'm definitely gonna pick up MGA and Ape Escape, and might pick up Wipeout Pure on top of that.

why not try Lik-Sang online to get your PSP before the official release date, ?200 for the value pack sounds good to me.

what's this thing about stuck pixels?:cry::

Yeah i got one stuck pixel (google it and you can find all the info you need) My pixel is stuck on a lightish blue colour so sometimes its not visable.

Gonna order some games (US ones) when its released over their, i want Untold Legends.

why not try Lik-Sang online to get your PSP before the official release date, ?200 for the value pack sounds good to me.

Euh, I already have a PSP.:)) Lik-Sang is great.

what's this thing about stuck pixels?:cry::

Every - yes, every - LCD screen can have a stuck or dead pixel.

It can be stuck on a bright white, red, blue or green color...or it can be dead, no color.

The PSP has an LCD screen, so it can have a broken pixel. No big deal, you can't blame Sony for that. Not even Sharp.

An LCD screen has (let's take 1024x768) 786 432 pixels...try and make something, 786 432 times, without a single error in one of them. Nearly impossible. Problem is, those 786 432 pixels are one big "thing", you can't replace one broken pixel.

But most PSP screens appear to be quite fine. Mine doesn't have a single default...and there are many other lucky people.

Limited Edition PSP *WHITE* ;)

highly doubt it... just a mod i guess:

585453593[/snapback]

no. they were demo ed by sony. there were gran turismo ones as well, perhaps hinting a future "pack"? they can do whatever they want.

That White PSP above, the screen display, is that the sign of things to come with your own choices of background instead of the monthly colour schemes? Also the battery icon is different!

Jus wondered.

It looks ok, but I love my black psp, looks well sexi! LOL Jus my opinion. I cud see that white one doin well!