[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

i dont think so since the bg changes when you have something selected (movie, games, or music)

By that I mean, if you have a UMD inserted for ridge racers, the bg and music changes to look ridge racer themed.

i'll try it now

it looks like it's in the background but it's not, it actually holds the picture's position, and takes you to the menu if you want to check something.

It's not exactly setting it as a background.

Edited by amnesia_kei

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment said it will release "XXX," "Hellboy," "Resident Evil 2" and "One Upon A Time in Mexico" on April 19 in the Universal Media Disc or UMD format, with additional monthly releases in the future. The unit did not set a price for the movie discs.

Now all we need is prices!!!!

I still think if they arent at least half the price of normal DVD's then not many will buy them! Since most people would prob prefer to buy the normal DVD and rip them to Mem stick, and still have a normal DVD to play on home players.

Anyone know if UMD is going to be used with anything else or will it be PSP exclusive?

Pre-ordered mine at EB on December 16, literally the same day they started taking pre-orders. It was hilarious, the clerk had to call another store to get the pre-order code because he hadn't gotten the new catalog yet.

As for US-friendly games, Lumines is a great music/puzzle game. Other import-friendly titles you may be interested in are Darkstalkers, Ridge Racers, and Minna no Golf (Everybody's Golf, or Hot Shots Golf in the U.S.).

^I dunno, but you would think Sony would bundle a USB cable with the 'value pack' we will be getting...

585479774[/snapback]

No, they don':(:(

Doesn't bother me, i am using my mini usb cable i got with my SPV C500 to connect up my PSP, works nicel:):)

I caved and ordered one. I got the one with the Value Pack so even though it'll be a pathetic 32MB stick, it'll be something. I have some Memory Sticks for my F-707 camera, will they work? I think I have a 256 MB one.

Mike

I caved and ordered one. I got the one with the Value Pack so even though it'll be a pathetic 32MB stick, it'll be something. I have some Memory Sticks for my F-707 camera, will they work? I think I have a 256 MB one.

Mike

585481436[/snapback]

If you have a regular Memory Stick, it won't work.

Memory Stick Duo is much smaller one. (slightly smaller than SD card)

On the other hand, Memory Stik Duo will work with your camera with an adapter.

If you have a regular Memory Stick, it won't work.

Memory Stick Duo is much smaller one. (slightly smaller than SD card)

On the other hand, Memory Stik Duo will work with your camera with an adapter.

585481457[/snapback]

Oh, ok. I thought it was the other way around. Thanks.

Mike

Oh, ok. I thought it was the other way around. Thanks.

Mike

585481459[/snapback]

Memory Stick Duo slot is half the size of Memory Stick, how would it fit in? :p

I had to buy Memory Stick Duo and abandon my old Memory Stick because my current camera only supports Duo. :angry:

Memory Stick Duo slot is half the size of Memory Stick, how would it fit in?  :p

I had to buy Memory Stick Duo and abandon my old Memory Stick because my current camera only supports Duo.  :angry:

585481483[/snapback]

I didn't know the Duo WAS half the size :p. I think the last time I looked at the US specs it was going to use regular memory sticks. Either way, I'll have something to play with until I get a nice 1GB stick.

Mike

Ok, I haven't been able to test music and video, but what is the purpose of the two little holes on the front of the PSP ?

what.jpg

See red circles.

I only hear sound coming out of the ones on the bottom (green circles on pic).

UMD movies priced, House of Flying Daggers added

$19.99-$28.95 price range established for UMD movies; Zhang Yimou's kung-fu adventure becomes the seventh film confirmed for the format.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/02/16/news_6118718.html

585488747[/snapback]

No way they're gonna sell for that much. They'll end up costing the same as regular DVD's.

No way they're gonna sell for that much. They'll end up costing the same as regular DVD's.

585489224[/snapback]

The only one I might buy is the Final Fantasy VII Advent Children if it is not released on DVD at the same time. I guess I will also get the free Spider Man 2. Other than those, buying movies on UMD does not appeal to me at that price, might as well get the DVD.