[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

That's nice, because I can't even imagine how pricey it would be if Sony releases their own 2gb memory stick duo. :pinch:

585503442[/snapback]

If sony releases!!! lol

Sony has today announced Memory Stick PRO Duo (High Speed) in 1GB and 2GB capacities. They are one third the size and half the weight of full-size Memory Stick media, and all MS Duo media ship with an adapter that is compatible with devices that have Memory Stick slots. The 2GB Memory Stick Pro Duo media is designed to support transfer speeds of up to 80 Mbps which varies with supporting hardware.

Sony today announced a leap forward in the Memory Stick? flash media family with the introduction of the 2GB Memory Stick PRO Duo (High Speed) media, the largest capacity available in the Duo format. Sony is also introducing the 1GB Memory Stick PRO Duo, media which is easily recognizable by its bold new black coloring.

SOURCE: http://www.dpreview.com/news/0502/05022014...msproduo2gb.asp

I would love to be a fly on the wall over at sony labs I bet they already have working 8GB moduals.

585506329[/snapback]

what are you on about, they got their 20gb duo's in their psps, and teh clickwheel remote, and.. oh whatever :laugh:

Ok, my PSP is set to come in tomorrow. What's the app people are using to convert videos so that they can be used on a PSP? Is it straight MP4 that I can do with Quicktime Pro?

Mike

Just got it. It's AMAZING!! My daughter was playing the DS next to me on the couch and Ridge Racer made her put it down.

Encoded the latest Final Fantasy VII-AC trailer for it. Amazing stuff.

EDIT: Got Pictures working. MP3s that I dropped on it are listed as 'corrupted' (encoded with iTunes as MP3s).

EDIT II: 7 folders of iTunes-encoded tracks don't work (Journey, Jarre, Pink Floyd, etc.). OLD Napster-grabbed files do work. Could it be the MP3 tag data?

EDIT III: U2's "The Joshua Tree" which I encoded with iTunes DOES work, Shery'l Crow's "C'mon, C'mon" doesn't work. BOTH were encoded with the same version of iTunes. NEITHER have album art. BOTH were encoded at 160 kbps.

Mike

Edited by Starman

Ack...my last post wasn't editable.

I was playing around with the directories that had the corrupted files. Turns out that the MP3 files WERE in there, but in a folder of 15 songs, you first see nothing but a list of corrupted files. I scrolled all the way down for no reason at all and the files were there!

I'll have to find out why this happened.

Mike

If sony releases!!! lol

585506322[/snapback]

:huh: SanDisk, whose memory cards are relatively cheap, makes 2GB Memory Stick Duo, don't they?

Wouldn't it be awesome if Samsung makes 8GB Memory Stick Duo with their nano technology or whatever? :woot:

Sony launched a new site, called YourPSP. It's empty now, but they say content will be placed in the following weeks.

I'm hoping for a firmware update soon.

585514435[/snapback]

Thanks for the info. The site seems to belong to SCEE (sony computer entertainment Europe) and the site says in small print that your email addy will be used to inform you about the site up until the euro launch.

I was asking about release dates for europe in my local Game store last week and the manager told me 'Anytime between April and September'.

I really hope Sony get the PSP out in europe sooner rather than later - I've had a PSP on preorder ever since I saw videos of Wipeout pure in action!

It mentiones the following on the Legal page:

Downloads

Content, including game-based graphics, images, film, music, sounds and software, may be available for download from this site via your registered PSP.

You must follow the directions which appear on the site about how to download. SCEE is not responsible for any loss of data or damage to your software or hardware or other loss or damage caused by failure to follow our directions. We will check your hardware remotely to obtain your PSP identification number and to identify the correct directories for deposit of the content.

Took some pix. Some were a bit Dazzla-inspired :D

Ridge Racer

IMG_0114.jpg

RR Wireless Battle

IMG_0115.jpg

A little Tifa :)

IMG_0127.jpg

How does she hang like that?

IMG_0129.jpg

Relative size to my cell phone

IMG_0139.jpg

Checking firmware updates

IMG_0141.jpg

Ridge Racer selection in the XBar

IMG_0145.jpg

Some music

IMG_0154.jpg

Sorry, Daz :)

IMG_0156.jpg

Some movie I encoded... :)

IMG_0165.jpg

guys let me just tell you, those that are still drulling about psp... it is NOTHING compared to the screenshots, once you have it in your hands and see the screen for youself you will be in awe. It is gorgeous.

I was one of those people who though how different can it be from the screenshots, well now i understand why people say the pictures don't do the justice.

nuff said.

You should see some umd films on it, i got the demo disc it has some previews on it. Also i put a ebook pdf on their and the text is perfect. As for the creaking noise with the Dpad mine does it, not as bad as it was when i first got it as it wears in.

Yes, the pics don't do it justice. I should have mentioned that.

Voodoo, where did you get a PDF reader for it? I was actually thinking about how cool it would be to have one on there yesterday...and where can you get a demo disc from?

Mike

can you explain a little more about that .pdf reader, is it a homebrew software? in addition does anyone know if programs can be made for PSP or if firmware can be hacked and can u rip games from UMD to pc and then to memorystick....

ahhhhh

Doubt very much sony would allow that to happen, not to mention UMDs hold 1.8gb of information, and they have only just announced 2gb mem stick which costs the same as 2 psps, hardly even out and people are talking about pirating it already, jeez.