[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

The only PC UMD drives i have saw are the ones in the Sony dev units, I also doubt that sony would give the go ahead for 3rd partys to develop drives. The only thing that may be possible is the same thing as with the Gamecube, Chipping the unit or a addon that lets you rip the discs from the psp itself + you can transfer from the umd's via Wifi as thats what the Gameshare thing does in a way, So maybe someone will hack the Firmware so it rips the whole disc (for backups of course).

Anyhow just stick to buying legit as its supports developers :)

The Text2Pic thing is Homebrew, i found it a while back on some eastern site and its only a get around for viewing well anything, as long as it converts to text.

its been out for 2 and half months.

585522789[/snapback]

and crackers have been working on cracking it since the day it came out and were thinking about it the day it was announced :ninja:

Games work on any region, Unless the game developer includes a region code which 99% wont (psp itself isnt region locked, the media can be), Films however will be region coded luckily the uk and jpn both share region 2 :), Im guessing though that someone will crack the region in the firmware updates so you can make your psp ignore the regions, As for the demo disc its only available from their and that was in limited numbers, i dont know whether that will be locked or not, I only have RidgeRacer im waiting for the US release to get some games, Suppose we'll know soon whether theyll work or not :), Dazzla >:| damn you, seems forever for these memory sticks

I just preordered my PSP and I can't wait! I hope I get in on the first shipment, the guy at ebgames said that I was right on the line. His boss told him to keep taking preorders tho because they are supposedly getting a very large shipment, more than most stores so that's a good sign. Ugh now I have to decide which game(s) to get. Im thinkin ATV cuz its online and MGS Acid cuz it looks pretty neat. Maybe Untold Legends? ARG!

Dazzla do you mind posting a small movie(divx) of you running a movie on psp :p i just want to droll a bit. If its not too hard ;P

585527361[/snapback]

There is a video over in the review thread in the members review section.

Why not preorder from EBGames?

585533481[/snapback]

Because I have $225 in BestBuy cards. If I can justify spending that on something else I may preorder somewhere else, but I was planning on using them for the PSP. I don't have much time to decide! :wacko:

Because I have $225 in BestBuy cards.  If I can justify spending that on something else I may preorder somewhere else, but I was planning on using them for the PSP.  I don't have much time to decide!&nbsp:wacko:o:

585533804[/snapback]

If you work, take a sick day, if its school, skip, PSP is well worth it:laugh:h:

Mine came today and i fallen in love with it. Its a Jap made machine so it has a Sharp screen with no dead pixels just 1 spec of dust that i though was a dead pixel. I got ridge with it and been playing for ages. Tempted at importing Minna No Golf and vampire chronicle