[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

Jus wondered if anyone else here has the "gaming" Sandisk 1gb stick?

I have got bored of waiting for normal 1gb sticks to become available so have jus ordered a 1gb "Gaming" stick.

From what I can tell the only difference is that the stick is in sum horrible see thru yellow colour, and that it doesnt come with an adaptor. Both of which are not issues for myself since I already have a couple of adaptors, and I wont have to see the stick since it will be inside the PSP all the time! LOL

I also noticed that it is slightly cheaper too! *prob cos no adaptor*

So is there any differences I have missed? Has anyone else got one?

Well, I talked a guy out of keeping the TEN he preordered to sell on eBay. I told him that in fact Sony said they weren't going to have the same shortage problems the PS2 had. What store allows a guy to preorder 10 of them anyway?

Anyway, 2 were for him and his kid, the other 8 he was going to sell. When I said that I had one he said "did you get it on eBay?" I wondered why he seemed kind of disappointed I didn't until he fessed up that he preordered 10.

They should go to actual customers.

Mike

Well, I talked a guy out of keeping the TEN he preordered to sell on eBay. I told him that in fact Sony said they weren't going to have the same shortage problems the PS2 had. What store allows a guy to preorder 10 of them anyway?

Anyway, 2 were for him and his kid, the other 8 he was going to sell. When I said that I had one he said "did you get it on eBay?" I wondered why he seemed kind of disappointed I didn't until he fessed up that he preordered 10.

They should go to actual customers.

Mike

585542773[/snapback]

That's good, I can't stand people who do that - spoils it for some. :angry:

Yay I went to EB Games today and was talking to the guy. Turns out ppl who pay off the PSP have a better chance of getting in the first shipment (which is what I have been hearing online) so I payed it off and now I'm in the first shipment (well its 95% likely). Can't wait, but damn I am spending way too much money.

they said all i had to do was put 20 down and i'm guaranteed. but yeah, i'm gonna be broke after this :p

all my favorite games are coming out for it...

Well 20 down is good if you are one of the first preorder but apparently money talks after that lol. The guy kept hinting that I would be bumped up higher than ppl that just put the minimum down if I paid it off. So I did. Doesn't hurt really, I can get the money back if I'm in the second shipment. When I was walking out tho the guy said he'll call me when we get them in, which is pretty damn big hint if you ask me :-)

EDIT - Yeah too many cool games are coming out for this damn thing. I'm so confused as to what to get. I put some money down on Metal Gear Acid but I'm not 100% sure i want it. Twisted Metal and ATV look cool cuz they have online play. Mercury looks awesome too but I can't pay 50 bucks for a puzzle game... then there's RR, NFSU, Tony Hawk, Untold Legends.. jeez.. anyone wanna lend me a few bucks? :-D

I have a question: Would it be a better idea to buy a PSP in Japan, or wait for them to be released in the US? It's cheaper to buy in Japan than to buy in US right? Is there any other differences? I have someone who can bring me one so getting one from Japan isn't a problem.

Thanks

I have a question: Would it be a better idea to buy a PSP in Japan, or wait for them to be released in the US? It's cheaper to buy in Japan than to buy in US right? Is there any other differences? I have someone who can bring me one so getting one from Japan isn't a problem.

Thanks

585549782[/snapback]

If you don't want to play any UMD movies on it you might be OK.

I am avidly reading this thread, I just pre-orded my PSP after making backups of all my ps2 games and selling them, that was a lot of paychecks! I paid of 244$ of the PSP and pre-orded THUG2Remix...

Just got my 1G duo-

Jake-

Has anyone know about the Talkman translater for the PSP. From what I saw on gamestop.com it looks pretty cool for what it does. Anyone have release date or anything?