[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

SCRATCH_PSP.jpg

I suggest people buy screen proctectors or a decent case for their PSP. Now do you understand why clamshell design rules.  :blink:

585577874[/snapback]

OUCH :pinch:

notice you're using an Amilo D @ clean, I've got one up for sale brand new if anyone is interested.

585578903[/snapback]

LoL Sneaky one .. and yeah its a TOP MACHINE .. Great value for money ;)

I'm thinking about getting a screen protector for the PSP. I found this one and it looks good. Has any one had any experience with Brando screen protectors? Or what would you recommend for a PSP screen protector?

Also I've been hearing things about some short of shower trick that makes it much easer to put on screen protectors. If any one could post a link or explain how it works I would highly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

http://shop.brando.com.hk/bwpspscreenprotector.php

post-99233-1110238105_thumb.jpg

EBgames.com - PSP Bundle Selection E-Mail IS IN!

This e-mail concerns your PSP bundle order from EBgames.com and requires a response. Please read carefully.

Dear EBgames.com customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering your PSP Bundle from EBgames.com. The bundle you have purchased includes:

* Sony PSP Value Pack, which includes the PSP hardware, 32 MB Memory Stick Duo, headphones with remote control, battery pack and AC adaptor, soft case and cleaning cloth, movie/music/game UMD sampler disc and, for the first one million PSP Value Packs produced by Sony, a UMD video release of the feature film Spider-Man 2

* Your choice of any four games and accessories listed below

Carefully follow these steps to tell us which games and/or accessories you would like.

Select any four items from the list below. You must choose at least four, but if you select more we will add them to your bundle. If an item is not listed below, it is not expected to be available at launch and therefore is not available for this offer.

Reply to this e-mail with the item numbers of the products you want in your bundle. For example, if you would like to include FIFA Soccer, Ridge Racer, Lumines and the PSP Mobile Kit, you would reply to this e-mail by leaving the subject line as it is and entering the item numbers 6, 9, 12 and 20 in the body of the e-mail. If you do not include at least four items in your selection list we will be unable to process your order.

Choose four products from the following list:

1. Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower (Rated T) $39.99

2. Twisted Metal: Head On (Rated T) $39.99

3. Wipeout Pure (Rated E) $39.99

4. Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade (Rated T) $49.99

5. Gretzky NHL (Rated E) $39.99

6. FIFA Soccer (Rated E) $49.99

7. World Tour Soccer (Rated E) $39.99

8. NBA (Rated E) $39.99

9. Ridge Racer (Rated E) $39.99

10. Tiger Woods PGA Tour (Rated E) $49.99

11. Tony Hawk?s Underground 2 Remix (Rating Pending) $49.99

12. Lumines (Rating Pending) $39.99

13. NFL Street 2 Unleashed (Rated E) $49.99

14. Spider-Man 2 (Rated T) $49.99

15. Dynasty Warriors (Rated T) $49.99

16. Ape Escape: On the Loose (Rated E) $39.99

17. Rengoku: The Tower of Purgatory (Rated M) $49.99

18. Metal Gear Acid (Rating Pending) $49.99

19. Need for Speed Underground Rivals (Rated E) $49.99

20. PSP Mobile Kit $39.99

21. Sandisk Memory Stick Pro Duo 128MB $39.99

22. Sandisk Memory Stick Pro Due 256MB $54.99

23. PSP Charger Case $59.99

24. Pro Gamer?s Case $29.99

25. Sound Stage for PSP $49.99

The software and accessory products listed above are scheduled to be available at launch, but release dates are subject to change.

In replying to this e-mail, you authorize EBgames.com to charge the credit card used to place this order for the total amount of your selections. To estimate your total charge, add the price of the PSP Value Pack ($249.99) to the price of all selected items plus shipping (varies depending on the service level you originally selected), tax (varies by jurisdiction) and our oversized item shipping surcharge ($5.00).

You may cancel your order at any time up until ten days prior to the PSP launch, which is March 24, 2005. To expedite processing, your credit card will be charged ten days before the PSP launch.

Please respond to this e-mail within 72 hours. If, after 72 hours, we have not received your reply, your order will be canceled. Receipt of this e-mail does not guarantee system availability nor does it guarantee that your order will be fulfilled with our initial shipment.

Individual elements of this bundle may not be returned for a refund and will be eligible for exchange only within the scope of our return policy.

Once we have your order in the system we will send you an e-mail confirming your games and accessories choices and the final price of your bundle. You should expect this confirmation within seven business days of replying to this e-mail.

If you have questions or concerns please give us a call at 877-432-9675 (8 a.m. to midnight, Eastern Standard Time) or send a separate e-mail to help@ebgames.com.

Best Regards,

EBgames.com Customer Service Team

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO PICK!!! HELP ME!!:); :)

I'm thinking about getting a screen protector for the PSP. I found this one and it looks good. Has any one had any experience with Brando screen protectors? Or what would you recommend for a PSP screen protector?

Also I've been hearing things about some short of shower trick that makes it much easer to put on screen protectors. If any one could post a link or explain how it works I would highly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

http://shop.brando.com.hk/bwpspscreenprotector.php

585583473[/snapback]

Me mate got one for his import machine and the main protector for the screen is great, nice to fit too. Though the ones for going arront the buttons are fittly as fudge to fir so we didnt use them in the end. Im just waiting for the ones I orderd from expansys to arrive. Might just ebay some.

Just got ordered a brando screen protector/case and a cell phone protector...should have-em in 10 days I'll give my opinion then!

Jake-

How have you let yours get like that. Here's my 2 month old PSP:

post-2629-1110262592_thumb.jpg

How you managed to get yours like that is beyond me.

585585154[/snapback]

HMMMM, I should have stated that picture was not mine. But I did hear alot that PSP screen scratch are becoming common. I don't the think screen is welll protected from any kind of friction. A case or protector is definitely needed.

BTW, does anyone think this is a good deal as PSP Bundle.

PSP Value Pack + Gretzky + Twisted Metal + Spiderman 2 UMD : 325$ US + tax = 375$

Ya, normally it would be over $400 with tax.

585585180[/snapback]

Unfortunetly, i don like the games that I am forced to buy. I will probably buy this bundle and sell it at Ebay, since it seems in the states, they already sold out in pre-orders.

This deal is from Canadian retail store FutureShop:

http://www.futureshop.ca/marketing/psp/EN/...ngid=EN&dept=15

Landau on Monday complained about Sony's reliance on Memory Stick, a flash memory card format invented and largely promoted by Sony. The PSP relies on Memory Stick for storing game data and shuttling content from a PC.

"The Memory Stick is ridiculously overpriced," he said, adding that he hoped Sony would begin to "price it more competitively."

Read More @ CNet

Hopefully this will happen soon, I want a PSP, but I don't want to pay a bunch of money for a memory stick!

I got the demo disk from Ebay theres still some on their and theyre quite limited.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/voodoo.mchale1/PSPbook.zip  PSP doesnt directly read pdf's, hope sony includes the ability in the update, stupid not to.

585521635[/snapback]

Let's see:

Plays near PS2 quality games

Plays MP3s

Plays UMD movies

Plays Mpeg4 movies from the memory stick

Has built in 802.11B

and now from what I read it can read PDF files such as eBooks.

...yeah, this is a must buy for :devil:vil:

Let's see:

Plays near PS2 quality games

Plays MP3s

Plays UMD movies

Plays Mpeg4 movies from the memory stick

Has built in 802.11B

and now from what I read it can read PDF files such as eBooks.

...yeah, this is a must buy for me. :devil:

585589449[/snapback]

you know you would have bought it if it didn't read pdfs or text files :D

I preordered mine a couple of weeks ago at ebgames and getting it in the 2nd shipment (possibly 1st) and I have a few questions. Will any PSP screen protector do or must I buy a name brand from a website to have the best quality and what about the case, will the one it comes with be good enough? so many question so many decisions, so little time... :/

I would recommend getting a new one. Some people dont have a problem, but they keep it very protected by using another case. I'm going to get a screen protector and another case.

Now I got a question. What is all included on the US release demo disc? I know it has some movie previews and such. Is there game demos too? And is there anything else?