[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

OK this might sound stupid but I haven't really looked up info etc forthe PSP. But these UMD disks are they like the 1.8in DVDs? And are you able to use standard DVD-+RW 1.8in disks with the PSP?

OK this might sound stupid but I haven't really looked up info etc forthe PSP. But these UMD disks are they like the 1.8in DVDs? And are you able to use standard DVD-+RW 1.8in disks with the PSP?

585633529[/snapback]

No you cant, its a optical media but its not like the small dvd disks. Its more like a minidisk in size of the disk.

No you cant, its a optical media but its not like the small dvd disks. Its more like a minidisk in size of the disk.

585633608[/snapback]

Ahh cool thanks.

has anyone any theories about USA<->PAL multiplayer compatibilities? I know jap<->US games won't talk to each other cos the game code is so different, but will the PAL games when they (eventually) come out be that radically different from their US counterparts?

Well the auction I bid on turned out to be a fraud, so...

Anyways, after lots of searching, I found an even better way to get it (for Canadians with VISA credit cards). At dvdboxoffice.com they have it at the normal price ($349.95), but there's no provincial tax if you're outside of wherever DVD Box Office is (unlike at Amazon which has stopped preordering anyways or Toys'r'us where you always pay GST+PST). Shipping is also free, and with this month's VISA promotion code of "VISA2005BE" for a 15% discount it comes out to $318.28. That's for the Value Pack with the Spiderman 2 UMD, although I don't know if that crappy Gretzky hockey game is included (I hope not).

585627828[/snapback]

The pack (Its called the PSP Console and Gretzky NHL Bundle) that your referring to, Correct me if im wrong, is the $349 CDN Pack That includes the Sony PSP, Gretzky NHL, Spider Man 2 UMD, 32mb Memory Stick PRO Duo, soft case, and AC Adapter.

I *Think* the Package (This package is called the Value Pack) your wanting is $399.95 CDN that includes the PSP, Twisted Metal & Gretzky NHL, Spider Man 2 UMD, 32MB Memory Stick PRO Duo, Soft case and AC Adapter. This seems to be the only other pack that has a different game other than that crappy Gretzky NHL :( (Correct me if im wrong, but this is information straight from Canadian Flyers :) )

I've got my PSP and several games pre-ordered through the wholesaler that my small business uses. Gretzky NHL Showed up the day before yesterday, too bad the PSP itself did not come along for the ride...

Can't wait...

- Jim

The pack (Its called the PSP Console and Gretzky NHL Bundle) that your referring to, Correct me if im wrong, is the $349 CDN Pack That includes the Sony PSP, Gretzky NHL, Spider Man 2 UMD, 32mb Memory Stick PRO Duo, soft case, and AC Adapter.

I *Think* the Package (This package is called the Value Pack) your wanting is $399.95 CDN that includes the PSP, Twisted Metal & Gretzky NHL, Spider Man 2 UMD, 32MB Memory Stick PRO Duo, Soft case and AC Adapter. This seems to be the only other pack that has a different game other than that crappy Gretzky NHL :(?  (Correct me if im wrong, but? this is information straight from Canadian Flyer:):) )

585634434[/snapback]

Yes, I was referring to the Canadian Value Pack that is bundled with Gretzky NHL, and $350 is the MSRP. I dunno what the other bundle you mentioned is though. I think the Gretzky one is the only "official" bundle. Anyways, that's not what I wanted either. I would rather just have buy PSP without any crappy game bundled with it (and which should cost $300), but that doesn't seem to be possible anymore in Canada (other than getting an import).

Edited by Cephas

Yes, I was referring to the Canadian Value Pack that is bundled with Gretzky NHL, and $350 is the MSRP. I dunno what the other bundle you mentioned is though. I think the Gretzky one is the only "official" bundle. Anyways, that's not what I wanted either. I would rather just have buy PSP without any crappy game bundled with it (and which should cost $300), but that doesn't seem to be possible anymore in Canada (other than getting an import).

585635306[/snapback]

I agree. Us Canadians are kinda gettin the cold pointy end of the stick :(

I dont like Hockey...and i dont drink beer :blink: :rolleyes:

Id prefer to Buy the PSP seperate (like you would prefer as well) and Pick my Own Games and Choice of Memory Stick, Movies and Case Protectors. :crazy:

hell talking bout psp and canada, i was down at eaton center, eb games was loaded with psp boxes (empty) omg ive been waiting fo this moment since psp was rumored. gaawwwdd daaanngg. now i just need to get one of em lollipops in my hand.

I am so glad I dont have to get that Canadian bullsh*t and get Gretzky. I am lucky and just get the PSP (value ack) it self along with the games I ordered.

I am so glad I dont have to get that Canadian bullsh*t and get Gretzky.  I am lucky and just get the PSP (value ack) it self along with the games I ordered.

585637207[/snapback]

Nice. Im looking forward to the Midnight Rush :rofl: :ninja:

Kinda like an Early Boxing Day present :D :whistle:

Now that reviews are up I'm pretty much set on Lumines and Wipeout Pure... Still can't decide if I should switch to RR instead of Pure though.

585638185[/snapback]

Ridge is realy good but im gonna say get wipout insted personaly. I cant wait for my copy to come through.

Yea, I used to play Extreme-G which was the same concept (and I loved it!), I just was reading the reviews about Pure and all of them said they noticed occational frame rate drops, so I'm a bit worried about that.

Yea, I used to play Extreme-G which was the same concept (and I loved it!), I just was reading the reviews about Pure and all of them said they noticed occational frame rate drops, so I'm a bit worried about that.

585638481[/snapback]

I am to considering it already runs at 30 FPS :s

ive decided to wait on mine.

one of the only games i was gonna get was gt mobile anyways

that and im waiting for the 2 gig mem sticks to go down, and the status of the new credit card i applied for.

I am to considering it already runs at 30 FPS :s

585638837[/snapback]

Really 30 FPS!? Where did you see that?

All I see is this (Gamespot), so I would think it would be up towards 60

"Really, the only issue to be taken with the graphics in Pure is that the frame rate never hits a solid 60 frames per second, and it can fluctuate a bit when there's a lot of action on the screen. It's definitely a noticeable problem, but it's not bad enough to be a deal-breaker."