[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

It would be illegal for them to do that.

585652169[/snapback]

but i thought it was technically out on wednesday?

/nm, it's been the 24th this whole time :p

is it thursday am for everyone?  i just got a call today.  any chance of talking them into wed night?

585652166[/snapback]

My local GameStop in NJ will be selling the PSP after midnight on Wednesday. They got enough units to fill both 1st and 2nd shipment preorders. Some of the games are availble for purchase at the store now. Mercury (which I preordered) has slipped to April 7th. Dynasty Warriors is available now (another one that I preordered).

I take it that some stores are opening after midnight on Wed. to reduce the crush of buyers on Thursday. Hope this helps.

LB

In other words:

If I were to use the PSP as an MP3 player, I'd have to buy the MP3 and a Memory Stick? How much do they both cost? Is it cheaper to buy an MP3 player or a PSP for gaming/music/video? Take in mind that I'll use it for music most of the time.

In other words:

If I were to use the PSP as an MP3 player, I'd have to buy the MP3 and a Memory Stick? How much do they both cost? Is it cheaper to buy an MP3 player or a PSP for gaming/music/video? Take in mind that I'll use it for music most of the time.

585654835[/snapback]

Buy the MP3? Waa? You need a memory stick duo only.

If you're expecting a brand new handheld system to have graphics superior than a console.... Wait until the games develop more to see the power. Or take a look at Ridge Racer/Wipeout now :D.

As for games, why did you just happen to choose one of the lowest rated games (on IGN) as your example? Some great games are out now and there are many more promising titles coming.

Edited by zachman123

Much cheaper to get an Mp3 Player. The PSP is too big to be used as an mp3 player anyway, i could only handle it for a day then it annoyed me too much.

585654847[/snapback]

well actually when i saw it at the metreon, the thing was really small..the screen is about the size of an ipod, the controls just extend the PSP a little more...it will fit inside most pockets.

well actually when i saw it at the metreon, the thing was really small..the screen is about the size of an ipod, the controls just extend the PSP a little more...it will fit inside most pockets.

585655773[/snapback]

you kidding me? the screens a 4.3" screen, and the units can NOT fit into pockets. lmao well it can but its uncomfortable.

you kidding me? the screens a 4.3" screen, and the units can NOT fit into pockets. lmao well it can but its uncomfortable.

585655788[/snapback]

I just checked, the screen is indeed almost exactly the size of my 20GB 3G iPod, i can fit it into my blazer pocket at school and walk around but it does feel pretty weird lol.

I just checked, the screen is indeed almost exactly the size of my 20GB 3G iPod, i can fit it into my blazer pocket at school and walk around but it does feel pretty weird lol.

585655815[/snapback]

ok you guys comparing the size of the ipod to the psp screen or the ipod screen to the psp screen? cause ipodscreen < ipod itself =(somewhat) psp screen. i guess misinterpretation.

585655788[/snapback]

Neckstrips are the answer.

lol, i based that statement on a paper PSP ( they were handing em out at the metreon ) that is actual size, i never considered the thinkness lmao....yes im an idiot :blush:

"It Turns out, we're not seeing those speeds. Not even close.

Looks like SCEA has actually underclocked the PSP's internals in order to save power.

The CPU has been under-clocked to 222Mhz, instead of the 333.

The Bus speed is currently running at 111Mhz instead of 166Mhz like is stated in the specs.

Currently, all the games out have no problems running on the currently underclocked specs.

It seems like we'll probablly be seeing a firmware update before the real "heavy" games come out."

source: pspwhore (stay tuned...this site is coming soon :)

"It Turns out, we're not seeing those speeds.  Not even close.

Looks like SCEA has actually underclocked the PSP's internals in order to save power.

The Bus speed is currently running at 111Mhz instead of 166Mhz like is stated in the specs.

Currently, all the games out have no problems running on the currently underclocked specs.

It seems like we'll probablly be seeing a firmware update before the real "heavy" games come out."

585655954[/snapback]

there was some info about it last week somewhere in GameSpot.com... :p

"It Turns out, we're not seeing those speeds.  Not even close.

585655954[/snapback]

this is not true, the psp is still capable of the listed specs the difference is that for power consumption reasons, developers have said that 222Mhz seems to be the sweet spot for power consumption, remember this is a handheld, and developers are encouraged to clock down things when they can to conserve battery life

this is not true, the psp is still capable of the listed specs the difference is that for power consumption reasons, developers have said that 222Mhz seems to be the sweet spot for power consumption, remember this is a handheld, and developers are encouraged to clock down things when they can to conserve battery life

585656178[/snapback]

Yup, they can go to 333MHz if neccessary. Im pretty sure GT4 will only last 3 hours on PSP :laugh:

Yup, they can go to 333MHz if neccessary.? Im pretty sure GT4 will only last 3 hours on PSP?:laugh:h:

585656190[/snapback]

I want to see FF or Splinter Cell running on that thing..:p:p

medic!!!:doctor:r:laugh:h: