[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

Hi guys, can somebody tell me the folder structure for PSP, i already have a Memory Stick, the mp3 and some movies on mp4 i converted with 3GP.

What i want is to have everything ready so when i pick the psp up tomorrow night i just have to stick the Pro Duo and watch some movies and listen to some Mp3, thanks you.

Hi guys, can somebody tell me the folder structure for PSP, i already have a Memory Stick, the mp3 and some movies on mp4 i converted with 3GP.

What i want is to have everything ready so when i pick the psp up tomorrow night i just have to stick the Pro Duo and watch some movies and listen to some Mp3, thanks you.

585656501[/snapback]

im just curious what 3gp is to convert them. i have never heard of the program and just curious on how well it works.

im just curious what 3gp is to convert them.  i have never heard of the program and just curious on how well it works.

585656585[/snapback]

Well i havent been able to test it on my PSP, but you can pre-view the converted videos using Quicktime and the quality is really nice, its not a dvd but its really nice. Also it does it fast and a 30 minutes episode of something is like 72MB, it changes depending on the setting you convert it into, i used 15fps which gives is it a little lag when fast stuff happens in the movie but its not that bad, actually you have to be very picky to even notice it...

screenshot:

post-95544-1111547063_thumb.jpg

:whistle:

In response to the 222 MHz claims, I believe that 333 MHz game will be seen in the future when sony releases their rumored larger battery-

Jake-

Sorry if it's been posted, but anyone know about Ebgames's warrenty about dead pixels? Is it only if you buy their warrrenty while you're buying the psp?

i don't think eb has a dead pixel policy (what do they sell that has lcd's other than GBA's and DS's which both have a zero pixel policy via nintendo)

try this for converting, it's free and pretty user friendly

psp video 9

Does no policy mean you could return/replace (although it'd take a while) it as "damaged", or does that meanyou couldn't return/replace it?

585656856[/snapback]

my honestly answer is i don't know, your store will do one of two things, either let you exchange it or tell you to talk to sony about it, it depends on how the store is run, i'm kinda scared of dead pixels after i went 3 for 3 on my apple ibook (i gave up on the third one), but with a samsung screen dead pixels shouldn't be a real issue, and sony will hopefully have a policy like nintendo's

eb is only selling preorders on the first day, is this correct?

cuz they said i could come in at 8:30am, but i start work at 9. i was thinking i'd get there at like 8, and hopefully be out by 9...

it's a pretty small store, and there's never anyone there, i'm hoping they don't have too many...

eb is only selling preorders on the first day, is this correct?

cuz they said i could come in at 8:30am, but i start work at 9.  i was thinking i'd get there at like 8, and hopefully be out by 9...

it's a pretty small store, and there's never anyone there, i'm hoping they don't have too many...

585657331[/snapback]

You talking about EB games?

They have been taking pre orders for MONTHS.

no i meant like, on thursday, will it only be people who already have preorders that are able to buy the actual psp, or will anyone be allowed to come and get one.

I think its just the people with preorders. They get as many preordered. So if you dont have one preordered, good luck. And EB Games is opening at 8 am or doing a midnight release on thursday.

ok you guys comparing the size of the ipod to the psp screen or the ipod screen to the psp screen? cause ipodscreen < ipod itself =(somewhat) psp screen. i guess misinterpretation.

585655844[/snapback]

No the actual size of the ipod to the size of the PSP's screen

Neckstrips are the answer.

585655914[/snapback]

Hanging a PSP around your neck is quite liable to strangle you!

no i meant like, on thursday, will it only be people who already have preorders that are able to buy the actual psp, or will anyone be allowed to come and get one.

585657372[/snapback]

I tried calling my EBX but nobody answerd, ill try later. EBX has to hold your pre-order item for 48 hours..Unless you have paid full. If you havent pre-orderd i would say check out wal-mart.

I think its just the people with preorders.  They get as many preordered.  So if you dont have one preordered, good luck.  And EB Games is opening at 8 am or doing a midnight release on thursday.

585657980[/snapback]

Eb games by me will be open at 8am

just saw my first psp commercial. it was funny but the one thing i know would NEVER happen is using it as an mp3 player while skateboarding and only holding it in your hand.

Some news from consoleplus.ca about dead pixels

DEAD PIXEL WARRANTY AND TESTING...

We have just been infomned by Sony that they will not be warranting any dead pixel

units. They are only warranting hardware defects ie broken buttons, malfuction with

drive and so on. Dead Pixels are not considered a defect by Sony of America and will

not be warrantied. With this new developement, Video games Plus will no longer be

testing PSP units for dead pixels before shipping.

so what program is everyone using for converting their video?

is autoGK good for anything?

585660869[/snapback]

DVD Decryptor + PSPVideo9.com works great.

How big are the videos?

Or in other words, is my crappy 32 mb card any good? Have to use that till ma mum gets over all shes spent on ma psp :p