[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

If I don't care (much) about quality, how low a file size do you think I could make a 30min show at a still viewable setting (I don't care if it's a little blurry, around 20fps, audio is medium quality, etc)?

People is going crazy about the PSP!!!

Read this:!!!! :no:

Crime and PSPunishment

The frenzy over the PSP's US launch has crossed over to the wrong side of the law. According to The Charlotte Observer, a man in Charlotte, Virginia, decided to grab some PSP Value Packs via five-finger discount on Tuesday night. The crook reportedly moseyed into a GameStop store after the retailer received its shipment of PSPs. Then he entered the storeroom and walked out with 12 PSP Value Packs. When confronted by an employee on the way out, the thief attempted to "knock her glasses off her face" and continued on his way out of the store. The perpetrator remains at large.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/productionupd...3/23/index.html

Two SF gamers wait 40 hours for PSPs

As of 3:00pm PST Wednesday, more than 100 people had gathered outside the Sony Metreon in anticipation of the portable's launch...and some had been there all night.

Suffice it to say, Richard Roth and Jossle Sison both really want a PSP. Determined to be first in line when the portable goes on sale at midnight tonight, the two 20-something gamers (pictured) arrived at San Francisco's Sony Metreon on Tuesday?morning. "We've been here 30 hours and 28 minutes," Roth said at 2:28pm PST, meaning they had arrived around 8:00am the previous day--and will have been there nearly 40 hours when the portable goes on sale. The pair brought outdoor clothing, sleeping bags, chairs, and even a tent in preparation to spend the night outside...in the rain.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/23/news_6120975.html

Overall it seems cool but I don't think I'll be getting one. Maybe I'll get a DS... :p

585661516[/snapback]

good for you

i am not here to dis the psp or promote the ds

the psp is amazing, no doubt about that, but not a lot of people need all those features and uber graphics

ok wasnt there a official psp site (not playstation.com one nor the connect one) a while a go posted? i seem to not be able to find the link.

edit: ok am i talking about the connect.com site?

Edited by sundayx

that site is pretty nice.

I thought it was a fan site that someone made to resemble an official site at first.

The tutorial is a bit simplified since the 'setup' folder is just the MP ROOT folder that we've been talking about.

It's like Sony forgot to put it in so made the site for people to put it in. lol

Either way, nice one.

that site is pretty nice.

I thought it was a fan site that someone made to resemble an official site at first.

The tutorial is a bit simplified since the 'setup' folder is just the MP ROOT folder that we've been talking about.

It's like Sony forgot to put it in so made the site for people to put it in. lol

Either way, nice one.

585662135[/snapback]

You look like you have a PSP, please tell me the folder names i need in my PRO DUO so i can upload everything before the release!!!

All i want to know is something like this:

E: (PSP default drive in my windows)

PSP

movies

MP_ROOT

music

Artist folder

^^ thats is my guess, if you can send a pic of your folder structure it would be awesome, thank you!!!

ok wasnt there a official psp site (not playstation.com one nor the connect one) a while a go posted? i seem to not be able to find the link.

edit: ok am i talking about the connect.com site?

585662108[/snapback]

Ya YourPSP.com, but I think its for the UK.

585662137[/snapback]

yes thats it thanks.

.... and it seems to be 'coming soon' :pinch:

ok for those getting psp from best buy how many are getting the psp/prp? thats product service plan/product replacement plan? for such an expensive small device i'm thinking about it. depends on the cost but i just figured i'd ask who is and who isn't.

the day is here :yes: let me say this:

PSP

(yes master)

rriiisseeeeeee

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Err soo soon!  I cant wait!

585662628[/snapback]

Hehe ill be off to my mall in a few hrs..Hehe pre-order or no pre-order. Line or no line. I will be the FIRST to enter my mall and get a PSP.I wont be sleeping either.

Gosh it sucks to live in cali, they still got 3hrs.

Do i here a PSP party in neowin live chat?

Is there a way to stream video/music over the wifi link? I have a running laptop in my backpack pretty much all the time, so that would be much more convenient that having to buy a memory stick and copy stuff to it.

Does anyone know how to find the MAC Address on the PSP? Is it on the box, or do you find it in the settings?

Never mind found it lol.

Anyone know how to get the wireless working in Twisted Metal, I've tried everything, no luck, says connection error or something with some error code.

Got a dead pixel too right in the center :(

lol, thats what i was thinking...save me 10 bucks, plus i've never played it before, so it's new to me, and it got better ratings.