[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

lol, thats what i was thinking...save me 10 bucks, plus i've never played it before, so it's new to me, and it got better ratings.

585662916[/snapback]

I've got RR and very happy with it. :yes:

Finally you americans have your PSP's :)

And now i should be getting some games in the mail soon :p

585663093[/snapback]

Same here, WipEout shipped on Monday, I'm hoping I get it today (although it's unlikely) because tomorrow and Monday are bank holidays and I've got 6 days off work! I want some WipEout action now!!!

hey guys nice thread but its late and wondering if anyone still up can help me haha, it says i need usb 2.0 and my computer is a sony vaio pcv-rx650 model i just want to put a couple of mixes i made onto the mem chip i can see the storage mass thing at the bottom right but nothin in my computer pops up what am i doin wrong..thanks ahead for the help cause i know this place is good at it :)

For those who have played Ridge Racers and Wipeout, which one is "better"? Gamespot and IGN have them pretty close.

I think I'm only going to get one game and these are the ones I want to choose from.

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere in this thread already, Ive looked for a couple pages but found nothing.

How do you change the background color of the 'XMB'?

Mine is a lime-green but IGN has a picture with it as a redish color (PIC).

I looked in the settings and all but I couldn't find anything.

@timan, are you using a WEP key?

I've noticed that if you have WEP enabled you often do not connect.

Try switching off the WEP (if it's on) temporarily, and then trying to connect.

@CY:G, it's MP_ROOT, inside that is a folder called 100MNV01, and then a specific number (that looks random) but has a certain numbering system. (using one of the converters turns them into mp4s.

So MP_ROOT>100MNV01>M4V44375.mp4 <---thats an example.

Edited by amnesia_kei

Update 1.50 has arrived !

http://dj01.psp.update.playstation.org/upd...e4b24/EBOOT.PBP

Download the file into a new folder GAMES\UPDATE, then start your PSP with the AC cable connected. Go to the games area, select games from memorystick and load the "update 1.50".

It updates the system with:

- new languages (Russian, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, French, German, Portuguese)

- support to retain the screen mode setting for video data saved on the memorystick

- support to allow resume play after recovery from sleep mode (for video saved on memorystick)

- support to allow resume play of audio after recovery from sleep mode (on memorystick)

More info (in Japanese), you can also find info to update it through WiFi:

http://www.playstation.jp/psp/update/ud_01.html

got my psp w/ lumines at 8 am at bestbuy in NY. there was like 200 people behind me.

time to sleep now, LOL

585664666[/snapback]

got mine at best buy at 8 this morning i was number 17 or so in line. got lum and rr may go back for wood golf.

I stood outside with about 100 other people with preordered PSPs this morning and I was 2nd in line. Im playing with it now. It is by FAR, the most BEAUTIFUL piece of hardware I've ever laid hands on. 10/10. I got Ridge Racer, MG: AC!D and Dark Stalkers. I also recieced the Spiderman 2 UMD. ****ing sweet.

Anyone else have any dead pixels? I have one right in the center of the screen, I only notice it in the system menu, but ingames u can't find it if yo ulooked for it.

I have a few white ones at the very bottom of the screen on my Jap import PSP, can't see them unless it's a completely black bg, and even then they are out of the way so i'm not overly bothered :)