[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

Ugh...Just realize I need a wireless adapter. I have one on my other computer connected to the wireless router but its not listed as compatible. Is there any other way to do this?

hey gotta question. i could of sworn that people with the japanese ones would auto-boot to the game if it was in the drive, and they had to have the drive open when they turned it on to stop it. was this true? was this changed for the US version? cuz mine doesn't do it.

hey gotta question. i could of sworn that people with the japanese ones would auto-boot to the game if it was in the drive, and they had to have the drive open when they turned it on to stop it.  was this true?  was this changed for the US version?  cuz mine doesn't do it.

585673360[/snapback]

are you turning it off or putting to sleep? just flipping the switch up puts the unit to sleep, holding it up turns it off

Someone on *chan posted this

OK, got bored with the PSP.

Wipeout game has a download option to get extra crap. But there is nothing yet.

I thought that maby its a standard web browser.

So I looked in my proxy log to find out where it was going. Got the URL.

"http://ingame.scea.com/wipeout/"

Firefox got a 500 error (forbidden). Damn....

Whats the easyest way to block something? Restrict by user_agent!

Turned on the user_agent logger in my proxy server. Got the user_agent of the PSP.

"SCEJ PSP BROWSER 0102pspNavigator"

With a Firefox plugin I changed its user_agent to that.

Web site loaded.

Wait? Its a web browser? cool.gif

Made a DNS record (I run my own lookup server).

Redirected the URL DNS to my local box.

Put in my own index.html file.

Threw hyperlinks in the file.

Im now searching on Google through the PSP!

Awesome! I've got to try that... I noticed it was a browser with a "home page" button and forward/back controls, but didn't think about manipulating it that way. Thanks for the info.

edit: wait a sec, how do you get keyboard controls?

Turned on the user_agent logger in my proxy server. Got the user_agent of the PSP.

Web site loaded.

585673384[/snapback]

W00t

Edited by Gelob

585673384[/snapback]

Wow, I want to do that... too bad I don't know anything about the DNS record part.

Tutorial anywhere? :shifty:

OMFG I am SO ****ed! I try to take care of my PSP by putting it in the case that they give you and it SCRATCHES my entire system! The inside lip is a little rough and it scrapes right across the system when you put it in and left a huge scratch right across the entire screen. I know it was the case cuz the scratch goes right along with the angle you put it in the case. Im am so upset it's not even funny. So much for me protecting it :-( Worst thing is EB doesn't have any more psp's so I can't return it yet. I called Sony and they said send it in but odds are they will say I did this and all it's gonna do it waste my time.

MT

585670492[/snapback]

have you seen "The Logitech? PlayGear Pocket?"?

The Logitech? PlayGear Pocket? is protective polycarbonate armor for your PSP?. This portable case is packed with versatile features and an innovative design that gives you full conGot game?game? The shoulder triggers are fully accessible without having to remove your PSP from theNeed some privacy?acy? The convenient headphone access port means you can plug in a set of Logitech? PlayGear Stealth? or other earphones* and listen to your favorite tunes oSeeing is believing.ieving. The adjustable 270-degree lid doubles as a sun visor to cut down on distracting outdoor glare. Or use it as a stand so you can view movies and photos hands-free.

Anyway you choose, PlayGear Pocket has you covered! Simply close the lid to safely stow your PSP, and you?re instantly back onFeaturesFeatures

- Virtually indestructible polycarbonate armor shell protects your device

- Easy access to shoulder controls means your PSP is playable even while inside the case

- Headphone* port means you can plug into some tunes, then stow them in your backpack

- 270-degree adjustable lid can be used as a sunshield for gaming or a stand for watching movies

- Secure snap closure means your investment stays put

- 2-year limited warranty

* Sold separately

6986.jpg

it willUSD 19.99SD 19.99

Logitech

"and now something for your viewing torture... a pic of a broken PSP"

psp.jpg

Victim:

Keroro from Osaka Prefecture

Scene of Accident:

Children's room at home

Broken Item:

Sony Playstation Portable (PSP)

Details of Accident:

I was engrossed in playing "Ridge Racer" and, despite wanting to go to the toilet, had a go at a Time Attack battle. I held on as long as I could but, as they say, you can't beat nature so I dove into the toilet and did my business as quickly as possible. On the way back to my room, the tragedy occurred.

Being in a bit of a hurry, I had just tossed the PSP on the floor at the room entrance and, being the type not to look where I'm going, squashed it fair and square with my foot (when I came back). I remember there was a cracking sound. For a while, I couldn't take in the situation and just stared blankly at the PSP.

When my dad came home, I explained what had happened and he roared with laughter. It had only been 3 days since I received the PSP as a Xmas present.

Damage Amount:

About 12,000 yen. I used my new year's gift (o-toshidama) to get it repaired. It was about 1 month until it came back.

More from the Contributor:

Only the LCD was damaged so after it was replaced and adjusted that was it. You can't just leave things lying anywhere you feel like. Also, look where you're going!

Source: TechJapan

Web site loaded.

585673384[/snapback]

Where is that site?

ok i got a quick question bout the psp, since ive given up probability of getting an ipod mini:

1. psp is usb2 right? how long does it take to fill a 1gb memory stick duo through the psp's duo to the computer by usb2? (exact or estimate from a 512 duo you have)

sub questions:

2. what are the transfer rates of different versions of the duo, i mean theres the sandisk one, sony one, the pro, high speed? omg theres too much out there.

i just thought of another questions (extra post just incase some of you aint bothered to read the other post) ;)

how do you carry your psp around? i mean, it doesnt fit comfortably in your pocket right.