[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

Ugh...Just realize I need a wireless adapter.  I have one on my other computer connected to the wireless router but its not listed as compatible.  Is there any other way to do this?

585673337[/snapback]

No if it's not compatable and you cant find games then it isnt lol. Buy a d-link DWL-122 it deffinately works

ok i got a quick question bout the psp, since ive given up probability of getting an ipod mini:

1. psp is usb2 right? how long does it take to fill a 1gb memory stick duo through the psp's duo to the computer by usb2? (exact or estimate from a 512 duo you have)

sub questions:

2. what are the transfer rates of different versions of the duo, i mean theres the sandisk one, sony one, the pro, high speed? omg theres too much out there.

585676715[/snapback]

Yes it's USB2, it transfers at 480mbps work it out yourself :o

i just thought of another questions (extra post just incase some of you aint bothered to read the other post)  ;)

how do you carry your psp around? i mean, it doesnt fit comfortably in your pocket right.

585676725[/snapback]

You put it in your bag.

I converted Star Wars trailer to PSP biggrin.gif

Hey can you send it to me? Or put it on the web somewhere? I would love to have it on my PSP.

here is what i have on mine, the first one is visable when the screen is off, and was there right out of the box. the second one looks like a dead pixel? there's about ten of those on my screen. but these were taken with a macro lens, and they are very tiny. any input/advice would be great.

post-4080-1111896124_thumb.jpg

BroChaos, if you can see it when its off its not a dead pixel, maybe dust under the screen.

What you should do is use those images i posted to test the dead pixels and post back using those images

here is what i have on mine, the first one is visable when the screen is off, and was there right out of the box.  the second one looks like a dead pixel?  there's about ten of those on my screen.  but these were taken with a macro lens, and they are very tiny.  any input/advice would be great.

585677838[/snapback]

OMG that is exactly what is all over my screen in about 8 different random areas and they all have 3 dots lined up and spaced apart similarly like that. There is something screwed up at production that is scratching these screens cuz nothing we do would make a scratch or dots like that.

This is so BS.:crazy: I just found 2 dead pixel on my PSP (only visible on black screens).

I hope my warranty at EBGames cover this.... ;)

BTW, how do I get game sharing to work?

A friend of mine just got the PSP but when I went to game sharing it doesn't connect. Ad-Hoc is set on the same channel, also tried on Automatic. Is there something else I should do?

BroChaos, if you can see it when its off its not a dead pixel, maybe dust under the screen.

What you should do is use those images i posted to test the dead pixels and post back using those images

585677992[/snapback]

i was using premade black/white/r/g/b images. the dead(?) pixels in the 2nd image show up best on the white screen, but they are always visable when it's on.

This is so BS.:crazy:  I just found 2 dead pixel on my PSP (only visible on black screens).

I hope my warranty at EBGames cover this....  ;)

BTW, how do I get game sharing to work?

A friend of mine just got the PSP but when I went to game sharing it doesn't connect.  Ad-Hoc is set on the same channel, also tried on Automatic.  Is there something else I should do?

585678051[/snapback]

Gamesharing is not available on any of the launch titles

i was using premade black/white/r/g/b images.  the dead(?) pixels in the 2nd image show up best on the white screen, but they are always visable when it's on.

585678141[/snapback]

In the 2nd pic those do look like 2 dead pixels.

I want to bring a few things to everbdys attention here..

1. If your PSP had a dead pixel(s) in a few months or a year would you all go and return it? I would hope so since SOME of you think its TOTTALY unnaceptable to ever have one. I can understand at launch and out of the box, but i think some of you need to wait and acutally play some games before you return it.

2. We are all stuck on this dead pixel topic but havent considerd any of the other launch problems.

Did anybdy notice the L button sticking?

Anyone else having this problem..it seems to be coming from the UMD bay...what should I do?

OMG..dude..i jst opened up the UMD bay and shook it to see if anything was wrong.. a friggin dead roach fell out.. Im calling sony RIGHT NOW!!

Obviously the roach came from sony's factory or the PSP box...I don;t have roaches in my house.

smellypsp25fw.png

Im just worried now cause I threw out the box...No way in hell im keeping that around here. this whole thing is disgusting..i dont even want a new psp..i want my money back.

i already said..the roach is gone..I flushed it. Why would I keep a friggin roach on my desk???