[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

keep it, and get revision 2...in a few months.

585690061[/snapback]

There's a revision 2? Haven't heard about that. Whats changing?

I have the PRP warranty and was going to bring mine in when I get back from vacation, but someone here on neowin said they take away your prp once you use it and you have to buy another for the new PSP.  I didn't see anything like that in the fine print, so is it true?

585690819[/snapback]

What?! :o The PRP is canceled once you use it? That is so BS. Maybe I should wait for the revision 2(?)...

I just bought me Mercury.

It looks like great fun.

585695270[/snapback]

Argh. I soooo want the Logitech PlayGear Shell

gdc-2005-logitech-playgear-20050309085347490.jpg.

And now i want Mercury....and and...while im at it id like the Logitech Stealth Earbuds!

gdc-2005-logitech-playgear-20050309085350474.jpg:woot: :whistle:

:wacko: Looks like i need a New job now too :pinch: :huh:

ive been on the look out for the stealth earbuds. so god daymn secksy. anyone know when theyre out?

There's a revision 2?  Haven't heard about that.  Whats changing?

What?! :o  The PRP is canceled once you use it?  That is so BS.  Maybe I should wait for the revision 2(?)...

585694924[/snapback]

i just went to my eb and confirmed that too. the PRP is a one-time use thing.

hmm, can anyone find good pics of the pelican face armor? i still can't decide on a case? i'll prolly wait for that logitech one.

whats the difference between gaming one?

585696155[/snapback]

the color... :p :laugh:

btw... I just finished placing the order for my bday present at ecost.com... :woot: :woot: :woot:

psp8db.jpg

I'm a happy b!tch. :laugh:

There's a revision 2?  Haven't heard about that.  Whats changing?

What?! :o  The PRP is canceled once you use it?  That is so BS.  Maybe I should wait for the revision 2(?)...

585694924[/snapback]

Well, companies always come out with "fixed" versions of their products as time passes by.

(Just look at dell...lol)

Anyways, If you have the prp, I suggest you wait a couple of months. Perhaps the pixel issue will be fixed.

I've had my PSP since Friday and love it. No dead pixels. However, i have noticed that over the past few days the UMD disks have progressively gotten louder. Almost sounds like the motor grinding while the game is in the loading stages. Anyone else having this problem?

Command & Conquer PSP bound 

Genre defining title to be released on Sony's new handheld

In an interview with CNN, an EA representative has confirmed that Westwood Studios (owned by EA) is working on a Command & Conquer title for Sony's new PSP handheld.

According to the spokesperson, both the original Command & Conquer and its follow up Command & Conquer Red Alert will be released PSP.

"I've always wanted to play incredibly large scale games on the go," they explained. "For flights and road trips, I'm pretty sure the fans will be excited to hear that Command & Conquer, and Command & Conquer Red Alert will be making appearances on PSP."

"We don't have a firm release date, but the games will have to be totally revamped for PSP's UMD architecture. Nonetheless, expect the Command & Conquer franchise to make its move on PSP within this year."

So there we have it, a presumably Wi-Fi enabled Command & Conquer for PSP before the end of the year. As long as the game manages to stand up to the test of time or gets a modern makeover to fix its ageing features, this is something we're sure to be wanting later this year.

Source: Gamesradar

Awesome! An analogue nub won't be an amazing replacement for a mouse but we'll see

I have a question, how much Internal memory (NOT the Memory Stick) does the PSP have for Upgrades?

585697408[/snapback]

IGN on PSP Specifications.

"PSP CPU Core

PSP CPU (System clock frequency 1~333MHz)

32MB Main Memory

4MD Embedded DRAM"

Source: IGN

There is no main memory as such, im guessing that there is a small rom for the firmware which the xmb interface lives in but there are no details on how big it is.

585698567[/snapback]

The specs i posted indicate how much the PSP has for internal Memory. I dont know if they think the "Main Memory" is the 32mb Memory Pro Duo card they include with the Value Pack.

But the other spec (4MB Dram) might be where the CMB (XMB was renamed to CMB or Cross Media Bar, apparently there was a Bulletin Board Software Company that they had infringed upon for that name :o )

Edit: Sorry, to clarify.. No..there is no space on th PSP where you can save Personal Files like Music, Photos, or Videos. But there is the Firmware Part, which i am assuming is the 4MB Of Embeded Dram.

Edited by WitCh-Fire