[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

the 32mb ram is RAM and the 4mb dram might be the storage for the system, ahh well wait for the hackers to find out for us.

585698755[/snapback]

The 4MB Might be the entire OS, and the 32MB might be the Cache or Temp Files area or something, i guess well wait and see for t3h rev3rse Eng1n33rs Eh? :D :ninja:

So if the PRP can only be used once, do you think EB will let me exchange mine because it's within 14 days without using my PRP? Or will the PRP be void that way too?

edit: I'd also like to see where that's mentioned in the PRP if anyone has it!

Well with all the problems everyone is having with the LCD's and other things, I'm glad I decided to wait for a few more revisions (probably won't get it until next year). Seems like another cappy quality, over priced Sony product to me. When are they going to get thier sh^t together?

I thought the 4 MB DRAM was the graphics chip memory? DRAM is not flash memory (flash = SRAM).

585698803[/snapback]

Ack. Yeah. your right. :laugh: :rofl:

So i guess there is 32mb of System ROM or something. My Bad. :rofl:

Well with all the problems everyone is having with the LCD's and other things, I'm glad I decided to wait for a few more revisions (probably won't get it until next year). Seems like another cappy quality, over priced Sony product to me. When are they going to get thier sh^t together?

585698942[/snapback]

The product is great, but manufacturing quality and quality control seems to be very poor at the moment. Future revisions will supposedly fix this by using cheaper parts (i.e. crappier LCD screen) to compensate. I would just get one now at EB Games with their special warranty so that you can return it if any of the manufacturing problems show up.

Ack. Yeah. your right.?:laugh::?:rofl:l:

So i guess there is 32mb of System ROM or something. My Bad.:rofl:fl:

585699155[/snapback]

32MB is Pretty good size for Upgrades:D:D

Hope they update a lot features.

BUBBLES ON PSP LCD SCREEN

I decided to return my PSP that I bought at WAL-MART because it had 3 dead pixels. So I went to Best Buy to pick another one up and get the replacement plan. I had the lady open 4 until I settled on one. 3 had bubbles on the screen WTF??? One had a scratch and a dead pixel, with no bubbles. Did you guys get PSPs with bubbles on the screen?!?!?! They were getting ****ed at me because I kept telling them to open another one so I could look at it. I finally just settled for one with 2 bubbles and left. I may exchange it later on if this is possibly a bad batch. Do LCDs have bubbles on them? WTF? I returned the first one from Best Buy because it had 2 bubbles and the screen protector created large air pockets around the bubbles that I could not squeegy out.

BUBBLES ON PSP LCD SCREEN[/b]b>

I decided to return my PSP that I bought at WAL-MART because it had 3 dead pixels.  So I went to Best Buy to pick another one up and get the replacement plan.  I had the lady ope4b> until I settled on one.  3 had bubbles on the screen WTF??? One had a scratch and a dead pixel, with no bubbles.  Did you guys get PSPs with bubbles on the screen?!?!?!  They were getting ****ed at me because I kept telling them to open another one so I could look at it.  I finally just settled for one with 2 bubbles and left.  I may exchange it later on if this is possibly a bad batch.  Do LCDs have bubbles on them? WTF?  I returned the first one from Best Buy because it had 2 bubbles and the screen protector created large air pockets around the bubbles that I could not squeegy out.

585700716[/snapback]

Hmm... I don't notice any bubbles on mine...

I just read The Beav's post about having bubbles on his G0D D4MN SONY!!

I didn't notice at first either, until I held it at a certain angle. I will be exchanging when a new version comes out, funk this.

lmao. on tonight's south park, kenny was playing his new PSP!! lmao trey and matt on the cutting edge again!

edit: lmao "the psp was built by god" to see who has the skills to defeat the army of hell!! he got to level 60!!

I just read The Beav's post about having bubbles on his G0D D4MN SONY!!

I didn't notice at first either, until I held it at a certain angle.  I will be exchanging when a new version comes out, funk this.

585700742[/snapback]

I havent had any problems with mine (US Version). Perhaps you need a Logitech PlayGear Protective Shell if your tossing your PSP around a lot or carrying it in your pocket:):)

Well since I do have a the PRP for a whole year I might as well wait 'till a better revision to come out and wait untill the 11th month to exchange it.:D

Oh well, only 3 dead pixels and no bubbles... ;)

the bubbles i was talking about are in teh plastic that covers the lcd, not the lcd itself (the lcd had a stuck blue and stuck white), i'm sick of returning psp's so i'll just deal with it til the second batch comes in

i'd like to see a picture of these bubbles. geesh i think with my stuck on red pixel and my white pixel im in good shape. i may just wait until the last month of my prp to get a new one.

am i the only one who doesnt have a problem with their PSP? actually me, and 2 of my cousins and 3 friends all have PSP's and no one has reported any problems

585701446[/snapback]

seems like it, the bubbles would be very hard to get a picture of because they're really small

am i the only one who doesnt have a problem with their PSP? actually me, and 2 of my cousins and 3 friends all have PSP's and no one has reported any problems

585701446[/snapback]

are you looking as closely as possible? on solid white/black backgrounds? every single person i know has at least one of they tiny little speck thingy (still not exactly sure what they are). i bet i could find one on yours :p

Mine doesn't have any problems except for that one weird dent or whatever it. Some people say it's three dents in a row, but I think they're just mistaking the other two for reflections on the other layers of the LCD screen.