[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

i dont think its necessary. i mean, the recent psp threads are all about whether its worth it or about dead pixels. which could be merged.

I'm damned tempted to get a PSP now, but with all the dead pixel issues and the like it seems like one of those wait and see things, I mean there's no real way that a price drop wouldn't be on the horizon, just the same as newer revisions are obviously feasible.

Somehow I can't seem to justify dropping 300 to 400 bucks ( CDN ) on one of these just yet, though even when I do get one ( Just as certain I will as I am about the price drops and new revs :p ) it'll probably be used moreso for movies than gaming.

Anyways this is just me clearing out my head of PSP temptations. I think I can hold on another couple months with just my DS, Warioware Touched and Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits. ( Which is so damned fun BTW. )

are you looking as closely as possible?  on solid white/black backgrounds?  every single person i know has at least one of they tiny little speck thingy (still not exactly sure what they are).  i bet i could find one on yours :p

585701759[/snapback]

Yup, after all the bickering on NW i especially looked during black screens to see if there were any dead pixels, and there arent. Also, i havent noticed any bubbling or whatever u guys are talking about. The only problem i have is that a couple times after exiting and rejoining a game, the sound would go all staticy, but thats about it. After a quick exit and rejoin,

i picked one up yesterday at walmart and found 3 dead pixels and something stuck under the screen, exchanged it this morning and got a perfect one.

are 1gb memory cards in stock anywhere? ive been looking and they seem pretty impossible to find.

south park was great with kenny and the golden psp.

Ive got several tiny bubbles under my screen and one stuck white pixel... they're barely noticeable so I think ill live with it and might exchange it later since I got a warranty from the gamestop I purchased it at.

I found these REALLY tiny little specks under my screen, but I can't tell if that's what a dead pixel looks like or not. Does anybody know?

585704711[/snapback]

did they look like anythign in the pictures i posted?

wtf would u need linux on it? lol

how about snes/gba emu

585706072[/snapback]

Did you just answere your own question?

I want Linux on it because I want to watch movies and listen to music that's streaming over the wireless link. That way I won't have to bother with a memory stick.

Lets say I scratch up my psp screen good. like I ran some sand paper over it. well can I buy a replacement faceplate? I dident scratch my psp yet. I have had it for one day and have been meticlous about derbis on the screen and it still has tiny(non noticible unless under the right angle) scratches. I am DEFINETLY getting a screen protecter asap. What would happen if I put cleer packing tape on my screen? That would probly be pretty cleer to see through and cheep.

Lets say I scratch up my psp screen good. like I ran some sand paper over it.  well can I buy a replacement faceplate?  I dident scratch my psp yet. I have had it for one day and have been meticlous about derbis on the screen and it still has tiny(non noticible unless under the right angle) scratches.  I am DEFINETLY getting a screen protecter asap.  What would happen if I put cleer packing tape on my screen? That would probly be pretty cleer to see through and cheep.

585706246[/snapback]

Well... tape is sticky and might leave some residue. The screen protector that I got is like one of those things which "sucks" onto glass.

Already pre-ordered Mercury from Lik-Sang a while ago (preordered UntoldLegends at the same time) cant wait for them to come :) Mercury looks awesome..

I just bought me Mercury.

It looks like great fun.

main_image650.jpg

585695270[/snapback]

@alan ^

But i heard that they might give us the tilt-sensor, and if they DO make it, they'll sell it as an extra. *sighs*

I sent them an email, but no reply.

It's a UK company so I dont know why they dont make it available at least from their own site.

Did you just answere your own question?

I want Linux on it because I want to watch movies and listen to music that's streaming over the wireless link. That way I won't have to bother with a memory stick.

585706084[/snapback]

the psp sold in korea will have streaming video and audio via the wifi adapter, and in hardware it's the same unit, so i bet we'll get some form of it and/or some one will import the network disc that it comes with it and put it on a us psp

Could anyone give me advice on finding a store to buy my PSP? Which store seems to be the most understanding as far as replacements for deadpixels and such? :ninja:

i'd say best buy or ebgames. and get their warranty.

one thing that ****es me off about tiger woods. here's my logical though: psp->portable unit->battery life is important!

why have a demo that kicks in after like 30-60 seconds??? this demo spins the disc up, which takes about 30 seconds, and then it starts, and if you want to cancel, that takes almost another 30 seconds.

why not just let it sit at the menu? it will save battery life and time!