[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

'Solution' to bubbles on PSP screen

When I put an Intec screen protector on my PSP with bubbles (2 PSPs with bubbles, 2 seperate screen protectors) the bubbles were made even more visible by air pockets.

I picked up a Pelican screen protector and put it on the PSP, now you can't see the bubbles at all. No air pockets or anything - looks just like a normal screen :D

Sorry if this has been asked before (search system isn't the best).

I was wondering if there is a method of putting thumbnails of mp3 files into the psp, so that it shows up as art when the song is played?

Thanks.

the psp sold in korea will have streaming video and audio via the wifi adapter, and in hardware it's the same unit, so i bet we'll get some form of it and/or some one will import the network disc that it comes with it and put it on a us psp

585709272[/snapback]

That's what I thought too, but still, I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be 100% proprietary.

Anyways, can anyone recommend me a screen protector that has anti-reflective coating? I think my face is pretty and all, but when I'm playing on my PSP I'd rather see the game.

Sorry if this has been asked before (search system isn't the best).

I was wondering if there is a method of putting thumbnails of mp3 files into the psp, so that it shows up as art when the song is played?

Thanks.

585712121[/snapback]

Using Media-Tagger works well. Its like setting th id3 tags to a song only with pics.

Here's a tutorial I found...here

Well, despite my little vent session yesterday, I bought a PSP Gretzky pack from EB this evening, along with Lumines, the Gretzky pack is really the only one they had, just a value pack with that hockey game, but either way I'm loving this thing so far, Lumines is terribly addictive, and the screen is just friggin stunning.

That being said, I have noticed 2 white specks on the screen, I assume it's a couple dead pixels but since they're in fairly odd places I figure I'll keep this unit for a few months and exchange it if it gets any worse, I don't mind having the 2 dead pixels, 1 is in the top right corner, and the other in the center of the screen, but very close to the bottom edge, so it's not really that noticable.

Aaaaaanyways, all that's left for me now is to get a 1GB Memory Stick and I'll be sittin pretty. :D

I just got my PSP today and I popped in the battery for the first time and it wouldnt power up... no worries, I thought there would be "some" charge but I plugged it in to charge, and a half hour later it STILL wouldnt turn on without the charger attached. And the battery status said 0%. Again I charged for an hour this time and same story. Really getting mad now... so I checked some messageboards around the net and found some people with the same problem as mine, the battery was not charging. One reader suggested toggling the WLAN button on the left side of the unit, and that if it was on it wouldnt charge. I switched it and charged again. Half hour later I took it off and, bingo it turned on without the charger. Battery was at 5%.

So just in case any of you are having similar issues try turning the WLAN button off.

And also happy to report no dead pixels on my screen! :)

i got a PSP about 3 weeks ago

my parents brought it back from Japan

I got a Value Pack and Ridge Racer

it is class I think

althou Im a bit annoyed with not getting a USB cable with it :s

im gonna try and get one of those SanDisk 1GB memory sticks and put some MPEG layer 4 stuff on it hopefully

i'd say best buy or ebgames.  and get their warranty.

one thing that ****es me off about tiger woods.  here's my logical though: psp->portable unit->battery life is important!

why have a demo that kicks in after like 30-60 seconds???  this demo spins the disc up, which takes about 30 seconds, and then it starts, and if you want to cancel, that takes almost another 30 seconds. 

why not just let it sit at the menu?  it will save battery life and time!

585711856[/snapback]

Same with ridge racers for me :s Thats why i just put my unit on hold, instead of turning it off ;)

w00t, mwave is supposed to get their 1gb pro duos in on monday!

$114 after tax and shipping for me.

585715655[/snapback]

sweeeeeet. Now I need to find a store in canada that will carry them.

585715655[/snapback]

thanks for the notice

585715655[/snapback]

Thanks for that. But thats still like ?60.

Cant afford that after buying psp bundle, etc. :((

I guess I'll have to wait a lil longer till the prices come down a lil more, and when I have more money.

sweeeeeet.  Now I need to find a store in canada that will carry them.

585715670[/snapback]

NCIX Has them for 155, being the "Sandisk Memory Stick Pro Duo Gaming" edition in yellow. Pretty good deal for 1GB if you ask me, and they accept paypal as well, so that's always handy. :)

NCIX Has them for 155, being the "Sandisk Memory Stick Pro Duo Gaming" edition in yellow. Pretty good deal for 1GB if you ask me, and they accept paypal as well, so that's always handy.  :)

585716592[/snapback]

It also says that its not available ;)

Also people that want to check for dead pixels go here

True, but NCIX gets stuff in stock quite quickly, shouldn't be more than a few days from ordering it, otherwise you'll be stuck with either a 512mb or spending more time searching for another place to buy a 1GB than you would had you just ordered from NCIX. :p

Futureshop has jack for memory sticks, same with EB, and 90% of the computer stores I've scoped out.