[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

Ahg! I bought my psp today and found FIVE deadpixels (only visible on black screen) and a piece of dust under the screen that is visible always :no:

Ahg! I bought my psp today and found FIVE deadpixels (only visible on black screen) and a piece of dust under the screen that is visible always?:no::

585717955[/snapback]

get an extended warranty and return it in 8 months! :yes::

perhaps then, the lcds will be fixed.

Does anyone know what the terms and conditions of the EB Games extended warranty is? Also, is the receipt that says I bought the warranty enough to make a claim, or was there some other paper that they also gave me that I lost (I can't remember)? The only thing the guy at the counter told me was they won't accept it if the screen is cracked.

Does anyone know what the terms and conditions of the EB Games extended warranty is? Also, is the receipt that says I bought the warranty enough to make a claim, or was there some other paper that they also gave me that I lost (I can't remember)? The only thing the guy at the counter told me was they won't accept it if the screen is cracked.

585718467[/snapback]

EB has a pretty good warranty policy, you can pretty much return it in any condition and they'll exchange it for a new one.

The PRP will let you replace it for about anything, but the PRP becomes invalid after they replace it. I was reading over my PRP and although I don't remember the exact text is was something like ...EB has completed its end of the PRP when the repairs made to the product are equal to the purchase price of the product or an equal or greater priced replacement has been issued...

585718467[/snapback]

the guy at my eb said a cracked/scratched/pixels/anything screen is fine, as long as the unit is in one piece.

How do i get the green menu backround? Dazzla and i are the only ones so far i've seen with pink  :ninja:

585720457[/snapback]

Change the month in the time/date settings.

Got a PSP today on a whim. I know its been said countless times but yeah this thing is a fingerprint/dust magnet. I'm a bit mad about not having a usb cable or memory stick duo card reader (just standard memory stick) so I can't really do a lot of the things I really wanted to try out till I can go down to radio shack or someplace. They really should have included one in the "value" pack.

Got a PSP today on a whim. I know its been said countless times but yeah this thing is a fingerprint/dust magnet. I'm a bit mad about not having a usb cable or memory stick duo card reader (just standard memory stick) so I can't really do a lot of the things I really wanted to try out till I can go down to radio shack or someplace. They really should have included one in the "value" pack.

585721589[/snapback]

Definite fingerprint magnet, but that cleaning cloth works wonders.

This has probally been covered before but do the SanDisk Memory Stick Pro Duo cards work with the PSP? I know they have special colored ones for "Gaming" but do the normal blue ones work with the PSP? No one has the Gaming ones in stock and SanDisk offers a 2GB normal card :devil:

mspd-2gb.jpg

once I put a screen protector on it the finger prints dont show up so much. I got lucky with the usb cord, it uses the same one as my digital camera.

Once I exchange my psp (dead pixels...) I've got to get a screen protector and one of those top case things. I also found my external usb hdd uses the miniusb cable.

When using the PRP, do you need to have EVERYTHING the value pack came with or can you just bring in the PSP alone and get a brand new one?

This has probally been covered before but do the SanDisk Memory Stick Pro Duo cards work with the PSP? I know they have special colored ones for "Gaming" but do the normal blue ones work with the PSP? No one has the Gaming ones in stock and SanDisk offers a 2GB normal card  :devil:

mspd-2gb.jpg

585721924[/snapback]

who has the 2gb pro duo in stock?

Yes that would work, but it would also force you to sell your home to buy it.

585721929[/snapback]

hehe, yeah I can't afford that one, just using it as an example. :D

When using the PRP, do you need to have EVERYTHING the value pack came with or can you just bring in the PSP alone and get a brand new one?

585722176[/snapback]

I didn't find anything in my PRP about that, so who knows. I'm going to try and exchange mine before thursday (14 days) and not use the PRP (hopefully I can keep spiderman 2, took off the little sticker on the box so maybe they won't notice).

Sony should really add a few specific features to the next firmware, mainly the ability to change backgrounds to whatever you'd like, and the ability to just pop in a UMD and browse only the music on that game, cause there are a few good tracks in Lumines that would be even better if you didn't have to play the game just to hear them.

I have it, but I've been wondering... how many tracks are there really in Lumines? The credits only show the 4 "proper" tracks as I've heard them, but there are obviously more.

I have it, but I've been wondering... how many tracks are there really in Lumines?  The credits only show the 4 "proper" tracks as I've heard them, but there are obviously more.

585727336[/snapback]

Yeah, they only seem to put the names in for the Mondo Grosso tracks, but the one I like is the track that goes with the "Roundabout" skin.