[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

hehe, yeah I can't afford that one, just using it as an example.  :D

585722923[/snapback]

Actually show me where on the site they have it and ill buy one.

I dont htink theyre out to the general public yet. But they did say they would be about 350$ (us)

I'm starting to think on buying a PSP but not entirely sure yet though

585729386[/snapback]

Yup, me too, anyone with a standard pack in the UK who wants to get rid of one, shoot me a PM.

Incase anyone's wondering about EB's policy on dead pixels, I brought my PSP in to be exchanged (it's within 14 days of purchase). Although they were out of them, I got put on a list which the guy said was "expected to fill very fast in the coming weeks" and I'll be getting my new one in a few weeks.

meh...I could be getting a PSP Value Pack from Japan for $233CDN...should I go for it?...will I face any kind of problem with the PSP that is from Japan? What about return policy? Dead Pixel? Voltage Issues? Can someone shed some light?

meh...I could be getting a PSP Value Pack from Japan for $233CDN...should I go for it?...will I face any kind of problem with the PSP that is from Japan? What about return policy? Dead Pixel? Voltage Issues? Can someone shed some light?

585732937[/snapback]

Return Policy: Probably Screwed

Dead Pixel: Sony warranty

Voltage Issues? Not that I know of

Region Issues: Need Japan Movies (But games are ok)

585732937[/snapback]

The UMD movies won't work if you buy them in the US.

If you get it from elsewhere besides a retail store, your best bet will probably be Sony for repair issues. The charger is different, but I read and adaptor works fine and the PSP can take different voltages.

I wouldn't do it unless it was your only way to get a PSP easily. If you have a retail store near you that has it, it'd be better to go with that I think.

Return Policy: Probably Screwed

Dead Pixel: Sony warranty

Voltage Issues? Not that I know of

Region Issues: Need Japan Movies (But games are ok)

585732948[/snapback]

....crap....screwed on return policy?.....can't I just pop in at a EB and replace myself with another one?...and for the dead pixels...don't I need to bring it to a store to get it exchanged or returned anyways?... :pinch:

and for the games...like I know when you first crack on the PSP, it ask you for English or Japaness, is the game the same?

I highly doubt any retail store will take a damaged/used system and replace it for free without a receipt.

585732965[/snapback]

I obviously will have a recepit, the better question is WILL THEY DO IT?!?!?

I obviously will have a recepit, the better question is WILL THEY DO IT?!?!?

585732977[/snapback]

If the recepit isn't from their store or a sistr store, theywill not take it back. If it is from their store, they're going to match up serial numbers most likely

is that picture real? someone coulda photoshopped that over her sidekick or whatever.

and what happened to tinkerbell??? and who is this bambi??? :huh:

Could anyone please test this: multiplayer with just one game

Hey just wanted to report on my first "hack"(if you could call it that) of the psp. I figured out how to play multiplayer games with one copy(works for at least tony hawks)

requires

2 people

2 psps

one copy of thug(tony hawks underground)

Step One

Person A creates game in wifi

Step Two

A presses open, chooses not to quit game

Step Three

Person B loads game up, joins A's game

Step four

Both Psp's freeze

Step five

thug is taken out of persons b's and placed into persons A's, B chooses not to quit game

step six

A takes game out, gives it to B, chooses not to quit.

Source: http://www.pro-networks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52573